Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

The reason Wilde Maus XXL parks at Thorpe Park is because German showman Max Eberhard, the owner of Wilde Maus XXL, is also the general manager of the European industry renowned roller coaster construction company, RCS.

RCS have worked with Merlin on many occasions including for the construction of The Swarm. Max uses his company to construct Wilde Maus XXL at every event it attends.

http://www.rcsgmbh.eu

Pull on has started, I highly reccomend you keep up with this page if you want to see the full line up:

https://www.facebook.com/hydeparkwinterwonderlandunofficial

Nothing is 100% confirmed until it has pulled on unfortunately, however I can tell you the Wild Maus XXL and Manning's tornado are now on site along with the circus and a couple of smaller rides/attractions.

I can tell you what to expect though however;

-Power tower 2.

-Air.

-Gladiator turbine and Euro Coaster.

-Manning's showtime, deep impact and thriller rollercoaster(as well as new ride!)

-Mellors Starlfyer and Ice Mountain rollercoaster.

That's all I know that definitely should be going unless problems happen. I would expect the regulars however again this year; WW express, snow jet, avalanche waltzer, Dodgems, fun houses etc.

There are going to be some new attractions this year however nothing is confirmed so I suggest you stay tuned to the above or to this page, I will post if I find anything out :)

On another note of returning rides, rock rage and over the top look extremely unlikely to return this year.

I have a feeling it will do dreadfully, it's way too cold to get soaked at this time of year and most people would rather have a hot chocolate than be getting splashed on a water ride. Also does this mean that the euro coaster won't be returning? As I fear that the rapids will gain a dramatic loss in revenue compared to euro coaster.

Starflyer has also pulled on as well as gladiator mentioned above.

it's way too cold to get soaked at this time of year and most people would rather have a hot chocolate than be getting splashed on a water ride. 

The thing is some people don't think like that the amount of times I have been at Chessington when it has been freezing and once even snowing and people on rameses were still shouting water water. Do agree though would rather have a coaster. 

Pretty sure that blue coaster is the spinny coaster they had in the dark last year (if it was Ice Mountain then yeah that :P )

10402764_811794372205256_235029929733658

Funky looking Quantum thing.

10395843_811794748871885_809800250750549

Yellow is Thriller not sure what the grey is. Ghost train? 

1966949_811795358871824_5719113532959756

Guessing this confirms this.

10511301_811144792270214_227222301571320

I'm sold :D

10659218_811269852257708_702600037962880

Trains.

10418381_810546442330049_637566365411285

Yeah this is back.

1461838_810671172317576_8082695845551392

OMG YES!!!!!

All photos from Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Unofficial on FB, just nice to see some photos of the build.

Just wanted to say a map has been released but I am unable to upload it so maybe someone else could?

Looks like a better line up this year however they don't seem to be able to expand the area in order to reduce the amount of congestion on the pathways in peak times. This year sees the returning of all four rollercoasters along with the new addition of the river rapids. Many of the flat rides from last year are returning such as Air, Power tower 2, Gladiator, Rock rage, snow jet and winter wonderland express. However what appears to be the main new addition this year according to the map is XXL, hoping this is KMG XXL as that model looks like an insane ride.

Looks like it is going to be a good year for winter wonderland, I imagine it will be very popular like previous years.

Pretty much all built up for this year now, and getting prepared for an evening opening this Thursday!

XXL is the main new ride debuting this year, along with river rapids coming along for the first time and a new funhouse. I have to say winter wonderland gets bigger and better every year. Despite the prices rising massively, it is the best christmas event to happen in the UK for a long time and is undoubtably the best funfair to take place in England. With many rides and attractions coming from germany, belgium and the Netherlands, this event is pretty spectacular. The event also features a massive ice rink and several stalls, full size bars and markets. All we need now is some full sized rollercoaster like Olympia looping!

Despite the price and popularity, if anyone hasn't been I highly reccomend it as I will also be experiencing it this year. It has a magical atmosphere and there is so much entertainment to see and do there! Definitely worth a visit if you can afford it!

This is what XXL looks like if anyone is interested, absolute beast'