Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

I'm still questioning the flats I'll do at WW - the cost means that I don't want to do many so I think I shall choose them carefully.

I think I'll do 2/3 out of xxl, ski jump, air and turbine. Not sure which ones to do yet though. 

If anyone's been in previous years, what were your favourite flats and what would you recommend for me to do?

Regarding Gladiator I would say try to go on a day where its quiet so you get a longer cycle. On busy days the cycle usually only lasts about a minute or two minutes. Also I highly recommend trying the Haunted Mansion ride thats insane very good and also Hangover is a great drop tower. Not too forceful but the drop really gets you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Was fortunate enough to be at the Preview Night tonight, namely to get as many rides in on Olympia München Looping as possible. Having not been able to get to Austria to ride it at Wiener Prater, it's more than pleasing to see it making its UK debut in Winter Wonderland's 10th year!

Taken at face value, it's a fantastic roller coaster. Run with German efficiency (there's one restraint-checker for each row of two seats), it's glass smooth, forceful (up to 5.2G), and long (c.2 minutes ride time; only Big One and Ultimate are longer in the UK). Then you consider that it's a travelling coaster, and that it arrived in pieces across 50 trailers only a week or two ago. And then you consider that it's over 27 years old. Then you realise how seriously impressive it is.

My only criticism is that the "concertina" OTSRs do tend to compress down as the ride goes on, sometimes making for a squashed back by the time you hit the break run. But this hardly detracts from enjoyment.

It's even looks stunning. Definitely deserving of nine of your British pounds, and I wouldn't be surprised if this increases to ten once they get the crowds in nearer to Christmas. Highly recommended.

olympia1.jpg

olympia2.jpg

olympia3.jpg

olympia4.jpg

11 hours ago, BenC said:

Was fortunate enough to be at the Preview Night tonight, namely to get as many rides in on Olympia München Looping as possible. Having not been able to get to Austria to ride it at Wiener Prater, it's more than pleasing to see it making its UK debut in Winter Wonderland's 10th year!

Taken at face value, it's a fantastic roller coaster. Run with German efficiency (there's one restraint-checker for each row of two seats), it's glass smooth, forceful (up to 5.2G), and long (c.2 minutes ride time; only Big One and Ultimate are longer in the UK). Then you consider that it's a travelling coaster, and that it arrived in pieces across 50 trailers only a week or two ago. And then you consider that it's over 27 years old. Then you realise how seriously impressive it is.

My only criticism is that the "concertina" OTSRs do tend to compress down as the ride goes on, sometimes making for a squashed back by the time you hit the break run. But this hardly detracts from enjoyment.

It's even looks stunning. Definitely deserving of nine of your British pounds, and I wouldn't be surprised if this increases to ten once they get the crowds in nearer to Christmas. Highly recommended.

olympia1.jpg

olympia2.jpg

olympia3.jpg

olympia4.jpg

Thanks for this great post!

I'm actually quite excited about it now :D Not that I wasn't at all, but I did start wondering if all the hype and build-up would leave me disappointed, plus I didn't realise it was such a long ride! And a smooth travelling coaster :o 

Aww and it looks so pwetty :wub: 

It's been an excellent first weekend for Winter Wonderland 16/17 so far, the busiest one I've ever encountered for sure.

Munich Looping riding full with a small queue on four 5-car trains from about 5PM onwards until close today. (It can run five 7-car trains in total, they are extendable by adding 2 extra cars in the middle of each train.) Really glad to see it doing so well.

And the same story for every other ride & attraction. Full queues all round & bars packed to a comfortable atmospheric level.

Here's to a successful remainder of the event! Best year yet! :D

Honestly one of the best coasters I've been on, amazing to think it's a travelling one! Worth every single one for your nine hundred pennies. Definitely going to try and ride again before they close for the season.

Two tips, pay contactless, it's the same price, jumps a bit of the queue and saves you queuing for tokens. Also when you're in the queue line keep left and go right down to the end for front row!

6b2c5a0a3b9dda4b2284b796a03a2dce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, CharlieN said:

Does anyone have a price list for the rides this year? 

Olympia Looping- £9

Gladiator- £9

Hangover- £8

XXL- £8

Wild Maus XXL- £7

Starflyer- £7

Ice Mountain- £6

Ski Jump(Rock Rage)- £5

Superspin- £5

Yeti Jump&Smile- £4

Pirates Adventure- £4

Waltzer- £4

Ice Wall- £3

Thats all I can remember exactly but imagine air is £7-£8, Snow Jet and WW Express will most likely be £5 and then most of the Funhouses will all be £4 or £5. Hope this helps and pretty much covers most of the rides(if I have missed out anything specific feel free to ask)

Just a side note, did Gladiator on preview night and we got a really long cycle with the spinning function enabled and although it was intense at some moments, I thought it was a bit pants over all to be honest! Maus XXL, Ice Mountain, Olympia Looping and Hangover have to be the best rides at the event this year I would say(although there are a lot of other strong contenders).