Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

On 20/11/2016 at 10:49 AM, Richard_L said:

Honestly one of the best coasters I've been on, amazing to think it's a travelling one! Worth every single one for your nine hundred pennies. Definitely going to try and ride again before they close for the season.

Two tips, pay contactless, it's the same price, jumps a bit of the queue and saves you queuing for tokens. Also when you're in the queue line keep left and go right down to the end for front row!

6b2c5a0a3b9dda4b2284b796a03a2dce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is there actually a designated front row queue, then? I'd definitely want to be right at the front on it (especially for £9) ;) haha :D

Is there actually a designated front row queue, then? I'd definitely want to be right at the front on it (especially for £9) [emoji6] haha [emoji3]

Sort of but it's all a bit of a mess especially for us Brits who like to queue one behind the other. There's a queue up to the station then each row has its own individual queue too. It's quite difficult to explain without seeing it all in action but you can make your way right down to the end for the front row queue. Most people don't even know it's there. I went on Saturday evening and only had to wait 2 trains before I got on.

1 minute ago, Richard_L said:

Sort of but it's all a bit of a mess especially for us Brits who like to queue one behind the other. There's a queue up to the station then each row has its own individual queue too. It's quite difficult to explain without seeing it all in action but you can make your way right down to the end for the front row queue. Most people don't even know it's there. I went on Saturday evening and only had to wait 2 trains before I got on.

Ok, so I just need to keep to the left :) I hope I don't get stuck in some awful current of people and forced to go onto another row! Haha

Indeed the 7 car train setup has only ever been used in Munich in the past, having seen OL at a busy Düsseldorf & not requiring the extra 2 cars there, but here they are, gives me great hope that it will return next year! If you've ridden it on 5 cars, ride it in the back row again on 7 cars, feels incredible!

When they bought the other cars over from Germany this week they also bought the Power Tower 2 paybox to get the extra numbers through the booths.

If you just spectate the ride running 4 or 5 seven-car trains it really is quite spectacular seeing the black & yellow loops in sync...

5 hours ago, Luke_A said:

Indeed the 7 car train setup has only ever been used in Munich in the past, having seen OL at a busy Düsseldorf & not requiring the extra 2 cars there, but here they are, gives me great hope that it will return next year! If you've ridden it on 5 cars, ride it in the back row again on 7 cars, feels incredible!

When they bought the other cars over from Germany this week they also bought the Power Tower 2 paybox to get the extra numbers through the booths.

If you just spectate the ride running 4 or 5 seven-car trains it really is quite spectacular seeing the black & yellow loops in sync...

This is incredible!

And yep, I saw those loops sync :D Well I didn't actually notice at the time as I was busy filming it, so saw it when I watched the video back! :P

Will be uploading my videos and doing a mini trip report tomorrow ^_^ For now I will say this: Olympia lived up to the hype, I was amazed at how smooth and forceful it was, despite having read that it was the case! And it's so pretty to look at when it's lit up :)

Oh and listen out for the conversation the mouse and duck outside Wild Maus XXL have...that mouse is a bit of a perv :lol: 

On 03/12/2016 at 1:59 PM, BaronC. said:

Yesterday it was running 7 car trainsinstead of 5; apparently they had to be bought over from Germany.  First time this has happened out of Oktoberfest too.

Obviously proving popular...

Good good! I want to see Olympia Looping a regular feature of Winter Wonderland frankly. Keep telling your friends, we need to see this ride every year. :wub:

On 04/12/2016 at 3:18 PM, Mer said:

Will be uploading my videos and doing a mini trip report tomorrow ^_^ 

In the words of the barman in the Alpen Hotel..."Ooops!" :blush:

I'll hopefully get round to the trip report, but I did upload my videos and made a charming little compilation video, which starts off the playlist ^_^ 

You'll see Olympia loop in sync too :D In fact the next video in the playlist is Olympia Looping :wub: It's just so nice to look at and marvel at the efficiency!

Oh and the Wilde Maus video has the pervy mouse conversation :lol: 

On 12/12/2016 at 3:26 PM, Mer said:

I'll hopefully get round to the trip report, but I did upload my videos and made a charming little compilation video, which starts off the playlist ^_^ 

You'll see Olympia loop in sync too :D In fact the next video in the playlist is Olympia Looping :wub: It's just so nice to look at and marvel at the efficiency!

I rarely post on here anymore but Mer that video is made so well. Well done! :D

I'll hopefully get round to the trip report, but I did upload my videos and made a charming little compilation video, which starts off the playlist [emoji5] 

You'll see Olympia loop in sync too [emoji3] In fact the next video in the playlist is Olympia Looping :wub: It's just so nice to look at and marvel at the efficiency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll hopefully get round to the trip report, but I did upload my videos and made a charming little compilation video, which starts off the playlist [emoji5] 

You'll see Olympia loop in sync too [emoji3] In fact the next video in the playlist is Olympia Looping :wub: It's just so nice to look at and marvel at the efficiency!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did Olympia yesterday during the day.  It was only running 2 trains; 1 running and 1 in the station loading, so no awesome looking train interaction.

As a coaster, I found it very average.  The 2nd and 3rd loops provided decent force, but everything else was very standard, quite repetitive and just quite...meh really.  The shoulder restraints are awful too and did provide some discomfort, which is a shame.

However, it's still a marvel in its own right.  For a travelling coaster it's very impressive; it's hard to believe that it is a coaster which wasn't stood there 6 weeks ago, and won't be stood there in 6 weeks time.  In that respect, it's nothing short of outstanding.  But as a coaster, it's meh.

Also did Olympia Looping for the first time yesterday. 

Personally thought it was was a great coaster, full of fun thrilling loops and force. Probably not a 10 coaster me, but still a solid ride and for a travelling coaster is magnificent to ride and watch.

Not sure if it beats XXL though as I still adore that coaster too and it was running pretty crazy last night in a good way.