Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

On 30/10/2017 at 12:42 PM, Mega-Lite said:

The lovely bloke running that Facebook page has began to deny Hollenblitz attending this year.

With his track record I'd say it's not looking good, very disappointing news that. 

Hollenblitz definitely isn't coming, neither is the Thriller rollercoaster(the pinfari) or Buwalda's Spinning Coaster(purple track and yellow supports).

The confirmed coasters to be returning(already returned as they are pulled on already!) are Ice Mountain, Wild Maus XXL(With VR) and Olympia Looping. New to the coaster line up this year is Manning's new Spinning Mouse, branded as "Santa's Coaster" and this coaster will be taking Buwalda's Spinning Coaster old position. Euro Coaster is also due to return but hasn't pulled on yet so not sure if this will turn up.

This leaves Thriller's plot empty and means that a new attraction of some sort will be sitting in its position this year(this attraction is unknown at the moment-could be a rollercoaster, flat ride, funhouse, bar, food hall etc.). I am personally holding out for either Ahrend's Drifting Coaster, or alternatively the Pyscho Mansion Ghost House which is currently constructed at Fantasy Island(until the 5th November) and owned by the Mellor's group who own the star flyer and Ice Mountain.

Other confirmed new rides this year include Break Dance, Top scan and Airmaxx 360 loop fighter. Nothing else new except for a couple of new bars is known yet so it will certainly be very interesting to see what else pulls on and if anything else new turns up for this year(Dr Archibald VR dark ride experience is also heavily rumoured).

49 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

I'll be in London for Chinese Visa related reasons (stay tuned for that) so will pop in to mop up the new creds regardless, wouldn't make the effort otherwise with no new major coasters.

Worse "I'm going to China" post ever...

Plus travelling creds don't count </3

2 hours ago, CharlieN said:

Here’s this year’s map then. Due to my inexperience of the event I can’t really tell how different the layout is to previous years, but is it? The Observation tower is new isn’t it?

A21A9650-F928-47E4-A27F-5860101D755C.jpeg

Same layout as last year except a couple of rides have slightly changed positions but overall layout is essentially the same.

Major new rides: View Tower, Airmaxx 360 loop fighter, Breakdance, Top scan(flying circus).

I know the event will be great once again this year and the atmosphere will be brilliant but I can't help but be disappointed with the lack of new rides. It is a massive shame that Dr. Archibald had to pull out last minute, as that would have been this year's new "staple" attraction for the funfair section of the event. In my opinion having 3 spinning coasters, 4 sets of dodgems, 2 waltzers and 2 star flyers is pretty unnecessary and those positions could have been used for a better variety of rides or alternatively entertainment venues/food stalls etc.

Did some cross referencing with the released map last night, to discover, this year we only get 1 new cred, a spinning mouse...

Please tell me if I'm missing something but if true that's a rather poor showing.

Also why is there TWO carousels?

As said before I'm in the city so I might as well, but there's no way I'd make the effort based on new additions this year.

50 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Did some cross referencing with the released map last night, to discover, this year we only get 1 new cred, a spinning mouse...

Please tell me if I'm missing something but if true that's a rather poor showing.

Also why is there TWO carousels?

As said before I'm in the city so I might as well, but there's no way I'd make the effort based on new additions this year.

Its not great in terms of "new attractions" but it is still a good lineup of rides. We have just been lucky that the last few years have had some great additions. I say lets just appreciate the fact that we have one fair in the south that has a decent lineup of rides!

Awesome evening at the preview event. XXL is brilliant and both Air maxx and Flying Circus very forceful. Flying Circus literally made my head feel under so much pressure I thought it would explode it was that intense. Makes Samurai seem like a kids top scan! Olympia awesome as ever and nice to get back on Wild Maus and Ice Mountain. 

Video I took for someone of the top scan... 

https://youtu.be/NZBCIA14MUU

Went today for what I s'pose was my first proper visit to WW (last year I literally walked to Olympia, rode it and left).  Was fun enough, managed a couple of creds and did Wilde Maus in the snow which was good.

I went with my little brother, and found the price of the children attractions a lot higher than I expected.  3 tokens per person for some of the smallest junk around and the need for an adult to accompany children makes it very expensive.  Would have been tempted by more if things were a bit more reasonable.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, RobPHolt94 said:

I normally hate flats, get motion sickness real easy, but 'Air' is such a good one!

Anybody else agree though that the Alpen Hotel fun house thing is just really, really weird and creepy?!

Air is a good ride but £8 for a very short cycle. I have done it elsewhere in the UK for half the price and double length cycle.