Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

I went for the Curry Wurst to be honest, couldn't be bothered with the rides. I did like the look of the Santa and Reindeer themed kiddie-coaster though, that looked awesome!For anyone thats been, did anyone notice how well themed a temporary funfair is compared to any of our theme parks. Germans just kick our arses in to many ways.

I went this evening:Power tower, ten minute queue, great thrill and great views and each different ride it has a different sequence (changes every three goes)Spuk, 4 pounds, Quite scary but short with a quite thrilling surprise inside!Snowstorm, great big wheel like ride which goes upside down loads, really thrilling and good fun and a long and intense ride for 3 poundsBlack hole, very quick ride but pretty fast and thrilling - there are few restraints so you feel pretty unsafeFood - Had a curry hotdog and all hot dogs were about a fiverGreat evening and I'm going back very soon!

Going to Winter Wonderland today, I'll try and take photos._____________________________________________Just returned from Winter Wonderand, it was great. Power Tower was awesome, although not quite as intense as Detonator, it was a really fun ride. Black Hole was good intense at times, felt a bit unsafe in the ride's car though since the seat bets were not very tight and we weren't allowd to put our hands up as we may fall out. Spuk, possibly the worst ghost train I've been on. I was expeting the live actor to jump out, but he wasn't even there. Euro coaster (the inverted wid mouse) was a let down. the ride was jolty and sligthly painful. Bayern Kurve was good, although the ride experience was ruined due to fact that rain was blowing in my face and little sisters behind was digging into me making it a very painful experience. Euro coaster, what can I say, it was a painful ride and as boring as a French lesson. It's a shame that the Pinfari family coaster didn't return this year (it's at the 02's Chr'stmas Fair this year). Unfortunately there aren't much photos as the memory card was full up after 4 photos. I may return next week to take photos and go on the rides I missed out today.

• 5 months later...

I went and it was great. I went on Spuk, quite scary actually I loved the strobe lit corridor. I loved the ice-skating. We ate Mcdonalds. I went on the bunge thing, woah what a rush! I went on the EuroCoaster, quite good! The Power Tower is huge, it looked so scary but it wasnt that intense, more floaty time. Very fun because it goes up more than once. Detty is better. Black Hole was quite intense and very scary at night. wellanyway wee had a great time.

• 5 months later...

Only 23 days to go until Winter Wonderland returns to Hyde Park.This years ride/attractions lineup has been revealedAlice in Wonderland cups & saucersAngels Christmas MarketAvalancheBauble RideBlack HoleCarouselCarters Steam Fair, which includes: Austin CarsCork shooter gameCoconut shySwingboatsVintage ArkSteam trainMini OctopusSteam YachtsToysVintage GameVictory Dive BomberHammer GameDobbies Christmas StarFantasiaGiant Observation WheelHaunted MansionHelter SkelterIce RinkIrrgartenJet PlanesLondon Fun BusMini CarouselMini WaveswingerPenguin PartyPenguin RidePirates AdventurePirates GamePower TowerReindeer DerbyReindeer ExpressRunaway SleighSantaland, which includes: Santa's GrottoSanta Land ExpressMini WheelSwan LakeChristmas PuddingsBalloon RideToy Set RideSnowman DomeNorth Pole SlideChristmas CarouselElfs WorkshopSantas Chimney Climb Santa's Flying SleighSanta’s Mini CarouselSki JumpSnow SlideSnowflake RideToyset CarouselZippos Big Top Talking TreeOfficial Merchandise stallClimbing GameThis is pretty much same lineup from last year, with a few rides left over from the 02 fair and from 2009 winter wonderland. But it's nice to see Carters Steam fair at Winter Wonderland this year, brings back so many childhood memories.

Hmmmm, wouldn't say it would suck this year, there are only a few rides that aren't returning from last year and Carters Steam fair will be at Winter Wonderland this year. Power Tower will be returning which of course is great to hear. Really hoping that the coaster from 2008 will be back (we'll know once the map has been released as it will show another coaster).If you think aout it, there is a big lineup of rides/attractions this year.

Yes, Power Tower and Black Hole are returning along with many other rides from last year. Pirates Adventure (which is a mad house) is also returning, didn't try it out last year so I'll hopefully go on that this time. Zippos circus will also be returning.Here's the full lineup again

Alice in Wonderland cups & saucersAngels Christmas MarketAvalancheBauble RideBlack HoleCarouselCarters Steam Fair, which includes: Austin CarsCork shooter gameCoconut shySwingboatsVintage ArkSteam trainMini OctopusSteam YachtsToysVintage GameVictory Dive BomberHammer GameDobbies Christmas StarFantasiaGiant Observation WheelHaunted MansionHelter SkelterIce RinkIrrgartenJet PlanesLondon Fun BusMini CarouselMini WaveswingerPenguin PartyPenguin RidePirates AdventurePirates GamePower TowerReindeer DerbyReindeer ExpressRunaway SleighSantaland, which includes: Santa's GrottoSanta Land ExpressMini WheelSwan LakeChristmas PuddingsBalloon RideToy Set RideSnowman DomeNorth Pole SlideChristmas CarouselElfs WorkshopSantas Chimney Climb Santa's Flying SleighSanta’s Mini CarouselSki JumpSnow SlideSnowflake RideToyset CarouselZippos Big Top Talking TreeOfficial Merchandise stallClimbing Game

EDIT: It appears that I was wrong about Euro coaster not returning, it's being constructed as we speak :excl:. It wasn't even mentioned in the lineup :D. Edited by Coaster XTREME

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went the other day, this is my review:Basically we got there and is was packed you couldnt even see anything infront of you. We had to walk down this long market bit with stools which was actually like standing at a concert. The Rides:Power Tower was great, it was six pound each! which is very expensive. But we got two rides on it that last about 5 minutes each. I went on the Power Tower last year which was great and I was excited about it this year.Christmas Coaster: It was okay, not the best rollercoaster, they change where the ORP is, it is now on the big drop. It was fun exept from the guy that pulled my restraint down, I had like a 30cm gap between me and the bar, causing me to be in hysterics the duration of the ride.Haunted HouseWas quite terrible, made out to look petrifying, and it got my hopes up, but it was just a load of bland walls with a couple of strange moving props, scariest bit was the man at the end jumping at the car before letting us off and the air cannon as you walk through the exit.Avalanche thingy. It was great, it was 5 pound which was a little pricey but OMG what a ride it was. It was like vortex at tp but with less seats. The fact that there wasnt as many seats meant that everyone goes loads of high swings, and the ride lasted ages.Fun house was good and lated quite long, didnt like the creepyt laughing guy outside ;) Whats the pirate thing about, I wanted to go in it, but I didnt have enough money.

Pirate thing is another walk through with a few minor scares and fun house like attractions ;)The Power Tower was great! expensive but long enough to sustain it, the euro coaster on the other hand is just too short for me though ;) As well as this I though the black hole was as usual great and can't wait to try avalanche!Again it is a great attraction and I hope everyone gets the chance to go!