Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

... I was about to complain that I didn't get what I was paying for none of them understood English and had a crap attitude. I was most displeased.

This was something I forgot to mention, the ride staff were mostly terrible. Speaking between themselves in their own language whist barely acknowledging customers, standing at the ride entrance to collect the tickets with a fag hanging out of their mouths (including on childrens rides), on their phone while running and supervising moving rides. Really very poor.

This was something I forgot to mention, the ride staff were mostly terrible. Speaking between themselves in their own language whist barely acknowledging customers, standing at the ride entrance to collect the tickets with a fag hanging out of their mouths (including on childrens rides), on their phone while running and supervising moving rides. Really very poor.

When you pay that ridiculous sort of money then they really should be better!

I'm glad I haven't bothered to go to this. That sounds appalling.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

As the event closes in on us this year with less than two months to go I thought I would restart the discussion over it :)

I reckon we will see yet another improved line up of rides and attractions, however this will again lead in a price increase. This year I reckon we will see rides being priced in the region of £10 a go. My guess is the ones priced at £4-£5 will go up to £6 and the ones at £6-£8 will go up to £8-£10. I'm only guessing but it's sadly the harsh truth...

For anyone who really wants to go and wants to donate to charity we have charity preview night once again this year! Date has not been confirmed but tickets are due to go on sale soon. The wristband will probably be priced in the same reigon as last year, with £35 booking early bird and £40 after a certain date. For anyone who is interested, the night is usually on the night before the event opens and is from 5-9pm with all rides and attractions being free, including ice skating and ice kingdom etc. the money for this wristband ALL goes to charity which is why it's such a great event to attend. You will also see some celebrities on the night aswell! Really great value especially compared to the normal winter wonderland prices. Dates and times aren't confirmed for this years preview though so keep an eye on this topic and I'll let you all know!

So, is anyone planning on visiting? I hope the line up is as good as last year if not better, would love to try the likes of gladiator turbine and over the top etc. Looking forward to this event should hopefully be a good one! :)

Rock Rage is highly unlikely to attend this year due to not being hugely popular last year

Did see a fair few videos in youtube, was going half empty most of the time while other rides were full. My guess is it was because of the hefty price tag, most people would usually rather ride it at a £3 price tag than a £7 one. People look at other rides around the similar price range like gladiator and air and think they look more impressive than rock rage, meaning they disregard rock rage from their rides to go on. If it has been priced at a couple of pounds cheaper I reckon it would have brought in more crowds but that wasn't the case and it's just unfortunate for Sedgwick that he chose to price it so high. After all, he did have the choice and there was no need for such a hefty price tag. I've seen how busy it is when it's on a £3 price tag let alone £1.50 on cheap nights. I reckon if the ride had been much cheaper they would have brought in more money.

The funny thing is that Power Tower 2 at a german fair is usually €5-€8 but when it comes to winter wonderland it is £5-£10 which is silly but if you take into account the costs behind the scenes (cost to run, fuel, transporting it around) there are no fairs in the uk that last as long as WW so therefore the showmen really need to make money for them to able to make a living.

• 5 weeks later...

Rock Rage will defo not be attending or its highly unlikely due to not being popular. Gladiator will be attending probably due to being a huge money maker! Also there are rumours of a XXL attending and this is being talked about a lot and sounds like it could happen! Dreams live MIGHT be attending! PT2 and AIR will be attending of course :)

The Olympia looping was a rumour which was flying around in 2012 for the coaster to come in the Olympic year. However, the fact that it is the largest portable coaster in the world, means it would be very difficult to get overseas and would be very hard to travel over to the UK. I'm not saying its impossible, it's just very unlikely.

I would imagine Hollenblitz or even Testrecke(a similar coaster to Olympia looping), would be able to get over to the UK. This would highly depend on if the owners could be bothered to spend the time and money in getting their attractions over here. Also, the line up for this year has probably already been confirmed, and is just yet to be released. There are so many rides I would like to try out from abroad, inversion XXL, alpina bahn, KMG xxl, Olympia looping and hollenblitz are just a few of them. However, as I said before, it's very hard for ride owners to travel their rides over, so we are lucky with the specialities we get at the moment and can only hope for a few more this year and in years to come.

I can also confirm that mannings will be returning with their 'Thriller' rollercoaster, 'Showtime' afterburner and 'Deep Impact' Miami. They have also said they are bringing something big to the fair line up this year. Rumour has it, a Kmg XXL is on the way, however we won't know until closer to the time. All we know at the moment is that a new thrill ride is on its way for the event this year.