Hyde Park Winter Wonderland

Topsyturvy15

In terms of size and variety, it's a real,y good fun fair with plenty of things for everyone, rollercoasters, flat rides, towers, fun houses etc.

The main problem is of course prices which most things are twice as much as they should be really. I paid £6/£7 just for the wild mouse ride when I went which is still the only attraction I've done there to this day.

In terms of size and variety, it's a real,y good fun fair with plenty of things for everyone, rollercoasters, flat rides, towers, fun houses etc.

The main problem is of course prices which most things are twice as much as they should be really. I paid £6/£7 just for the wild mouse ride when I went which is still the only attraction I've done there to this day.

After visiting Hamburg Sommerdom this year, where most things were about €2/3 per person per ride, Winter Wonderland is the biggest rip-off going...

Plus also the ability to pay at the ride in question rather than having to use maths <3 Germans just get amusement attractions...

To be fair that's like saying

'Oh we should get an RMC next year!'

er... no.

'We should get the old vampire cars back!'

er... no.

'Zacspin to replace Storm surge!'

er... no.

the risk is always there, and whilst people say it's more likely to happen at a fair ground, it could still happen anywhere. here are some ideas that I'd like to see, but because of accidents, what you're saying is they won't happen. But that's wrong.

Your argument deemed invalid :ph34r:  

It's also worth pointing out that they are nothing like the same ride other than a couple of design coincides.

That rocket ride looks horrific though. I&#39;m usually a try anything once kind of guy, but I really don't know that I'd be willing to get on that, it all looks wrong.

Coasters are usually £6. Flat rides are ranged from £4-£8, depending on what it is. Things like snow jet and WW express will be £4/£5 however those like gladiator and XXL will be priced towards the £8 end. Ovbiously, with it being preview night, there were no prices set in however I will try to find out exact prices for you.

Funhouses are also priced at £4.

I'm sure they know what they are doing to make the most money, but some of the pricing seems mental. The big rides have a steady flow of guests so they seem about right, but the few times I've been the smaller to mid (and especially kiddie) rides are empty most of the time. Surely it's better to run a full ride with loads of people paying a couple quid than a nearly empty one with two people paying a fiver?

I do agree about the smaller rides pricing, they seem to run empty most of the time.

However in terms of the big rides, I can see where the pricing system comes from; considering some of the rides come from other countries in Europe and take several loads of transport. This is on top of the fact that it is in central london and will cost a fortune of money to hire out the ground. If you visit in the early hours, despite the high prices, you are getting a long ride time for the price you are paying.

Also, seeing as people are willing to pay £6-£8, I can see why they haven't lowered the pricing structures. In peak times, the bigger rides maintain massive queues the whole evening. Also, the fact that they come from countries like Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, means that you can't ride them anywhere else(things like gladiator and power tower are also priced around £6-£8 when they travel in their respective countries as well).

I also now have been given information that XXL is currently priced at 7 tokens per ride.

I do agree about the smaller rides pricing, they seem to run empty most of the time.

However in terms of the big rides, I can see where the pricing system comes from; considering some of the rides come from other countries in Europe and take several loads of transport. This is on top of the fact that it is in central london and will cost a fortune of money to hire out the ground. If you visit in the early hours, despite the high prices, you are getting a long ride time for the price you are paying.

Also, seeing as people are willing to pay £6-£8, I can see why they haven't lowered the pricing structures. In peak times, the bigger rides maintain massive queues the whole evening. Also, the fact that they come from countries like Belgium, The Netherlands and Germany, means that you can't ride them anywhere else(things like gladiator and power tower are also priced around £6-£8 when they travel in their respective countries as well).

I also now have been given information that XXL is currently priced at 7 tokens per ride.

actually Power Tower is usually about €3-€5 in germany and gladiator about the same :)

I was just going off the German "Flasher" model which is usually about €7 in Germany. Looking now, I can see Power Tower and XXL are usually priced at around €5.

My main point was that I think the price increase is justified, adding an extra pound or two per attraction isn't too bad considering the distance the rides have travelled, on top of the cost to run the ride and rent out the ground(per attraction). I do agree that £6-£8 is a very expensive cost per ride however people at the attraction are willing to pay it meaning that the cost isn't going to get lowered any times soon. It would be nice if costs were lowered slightly, coasters getting moved down to £5 along with power tower and air, with gladiator and xxl being the most expensive at £6.

Anyway, the prices are what they are and they aren't going to change, I do think we have a great event in london though despite how much money they try to suck out of you. The amount of bars, markets, attractions and rides coming from Europe is immense and by the looks of things it seems like the event is only going to get bigger and better in future years :)

Pricing for travelling rides is simple - set the price at whatever people are willing to pay. If rides have long queues despite running flat out you can't really expect the owners to cut their prices as it would just be throwing money away.

I won't be visiting as it's too far to travel and the rides are way to expensive for someone like me who wants to do most of them, but as long as there's enough people willing to pay you can't really complain about the prices.

I will be visiting this event soon, so expect some videos coming your way on my youtube channel soon!

If people are wondering about ride pricing I don't have exact pricing, I only know XXL is priced at £7 and Gladiator is priced at £9 this year. I think the prices may slide around though depending on if it's peak/off peak etc so don't be surprised if it's different! Basically all the thrill rides are 5tokens or more though...

In other news, if you are going to winter wonderland to ride XXL; Hold it off until further notice. On Saturday, the ride was closed all evening due to a motor fault. The ride has been vigorously testing however has been refusing to spin and won't make it over about half the height it's supposed to swing. On Saturday and Sunday evening, the event was packed and the team have been very annoyed due to losing potential revenue. As far as I am concerned, the ride is still closed so please wait till further notice if you are wishing to ride. I hope this helps as I don't want people being disappointed! :)