The Best Ride In Florida?

LiamAusten

Unfortunately I missed Fantasmic so that's on the list for this year. Indiana Jones was great as ever, and I loved Mickey's Dream Come True Parade :):P But yeah, I love all the little street shows too. Cameraman lost on Hollywood Blvd was brilliant at Hollywood Studios :P I can't wait to see the Durmstrang stunt performances and the Beauxbatons dancers at WWHP!I also just watched a POV of Hulk, and it brought back memories of the only snappy transition I can remember on any B&M - the transition into the bank on that upper left turn. Ouch. Don't know why it hurt so seeing as I felt we were going so slowly, but I remember it did.I also loved ROTM! Very cool and quite different in terms of queue and outside setting to the one in Hollywood, which I did the year before in 2008!

Well during my time I saw quite a few so I'll just say a couple of words about them.Fantasmic!This was my favourite show. I just thought it was completely stunning and summed up Disney so well, just the general happiness and party atmosphere of it. Honestly, one of the best theme park experiences I've had. I convinced the family to go pack again as I loved it so much. Make sure, if you're there in peak times though, to get a seat 45-60 minutes beforehand, that place fills up fast.IlluminationsWe saw this once and it was very good. Quite awe inspiring as there are large amounts of fireworks and other props used throughout the show. Unfortunately we got there a bit late after going on Test Track and were behind some people. What I thought was horrible was that they stood on a little step thing next to the fence, thus obstructing our view slightly. I mean seriously, you were right at the front, there was no need! Enjoyed it though. The atmosphere if you walk slowly after the show is great. You can savour the lovely mood.WishesThis was great too! It was quite amusing because about 20 minutes before the show, most people had got their positions by this time. Then, in true Floridian style, rain started to fall in the only way it does on Florida, torrentially! This had everyone running for cover but only lasted about 15 minutes. Then everyone rushed back out to reclaim their staked out spots! It was only delayed though and we still got to see it. Great fireworks, unfortunately I missed out a bit on the story of it but it is great as a stand alone fireworks display.Day ParadesI'll just write about these in one section as I'll be writing similar things. They really generate a party atmosphere with the characters on the floats and the characters just wandering along the rode. I found the MK parade to be the best though, nothing like watching a parade go up Main Street USA! Block Party Bash at the Studios was also great, quite a unique take on the parade, worked really well!I'll write about the non Disney shows tomorrow hopefully.On a side note, it's a bit of a plug but I cannot recommend the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World enough. It's such a great book but the killer thing is that, not only does it have information on the parks, attractions, resorts and restaurants it also features a crowd calender. Over many years they have had researchers at the parks gathering wait times, they there fore have a number out of 10 for busyness on each day of the year. The best bit are the touring plans though. They do what your average touring plan does but this is figured out by a computer algrithm using all the data. The co author (Len Testa) is on a podcast (WDW Today, he was also on the Season Pass for a couple on episodes) and I believe he said they have predicted wait times for all the attractions at any time on any day of the year. They are all within 7 minutes. :)

I forgot about Wishes! Ah, sitting outside Casey's Corney with a hotdog in the cool evening breeze, the music, Tinkerbell... I can't wait to be back :)I remember that episode of The Season Pass with Touring Plans on, those guys do an amazing job.

• 2 months later...

Gosh there are just so many contenders, I'm not sure I can pick! Any of the B&Ms (though I'm not a fan of Sheikra), almost every single dark ride and of course, some overlap.Main contenders are Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest, Splash Mountain, Spiderman and The Mummy. Actually Bilge Rat Barges too. Haunted Mansion as well? Lol.

When I went to Florida we didn't anything outside the WDW area no one else in my family likes big rides so my vote goes towards the Tower of Terror. Expedition Everest may have better overall theming but I thought the 5th dimension scene was amazing and EE sort of fizzled out after the larger forwards drop and the track switches take a pretty long time. I have been on the Jurrasic Park and Simpsons rides in LA which I think are near exact clones and they were both amazing.

Hey everyone! Florida was absolutely epic. My favourite park was Islands of Adventure, and surprisingly, I think my favourite ride was Jurassic Park: River Adventure! The whole atmosphere of the ride was immersing and believable, and the drop was intense. There were so many rides that I loved, and I can't wait to go back.

• 3 weeks later...