Musicals

Lordcutter6

• 2 weeks later...

What is this feeling, so sudden and new?I felt the moment I laid eyes on you,My pulse is rushing, my head is reeling, I think I'm flushing, what is this feeling?Fervid as a flame, does it have a name?Yess...Loathing! Unadulterated loathing!For your face, your voice, your clothing!Let's just say, I loathe it all!Every little trait however small,Makes my very flesh begin to crawl with simple utter loathing!There's a strange exhilaration,In such total detestation,It's so pure, so strong!Though I do admit it came on fast,Still I do believe that it can last,And I will be loathing, loathing you my whole life long!

Avenue Q is Avenue Q, especially when it's the last London show...

The last London show was amazing. Good to finally meet the creators and for them to be like "didn't expect to be doing this when we started writing it"Not seen any musicals yet this year but last year I saw the touring version of Les Mis, Wicked, Lion King and Avenue Q twice. Oh and Hairspray with MICHAEL BALL!!! He was so awesome as Edna.My Mum is a Joseph whore so I have seen that too many times both the touring and the West End version and know all the words and even the stage directions :) Avenue Q on Broadway was pretty awesome too.

The last London show was amazing. Good to finally meet the creators and for them to be like "didn't expect to be doing this when we started writing it"

Ahhhh, your so lucky! My friend got the CD of the music and I may have played it a little too much :) It's coming to Southampton soon and I think my friends are going to see it, might just go again for the hell of it.

• 2 months later...

Saw Grease last night, and I was impressed! It was a great show - the acting was pretty good and the script was clever in some places - but also the songs, obviously, were amazing and very well performed. I thought for such a 'big' musical in every sense, it was done well performed in a comparatively small theatre - when you consider the likes of Wicked and We Will Rock You and the massive performance spaces they have, it was very well managed in such a significantly smaller theatre.I also sat there wishing I had been doing the design for it, some of the costumes were stunning. It's really my kind of style as well, and the very stylised sets were perfectly in keeping with the costumes and music too. It really all worked together.My one small gripe would perhaps be the song/dialogue balance - in a few places there could have done with being a bit more of the latter and slightly less of the former. Overall though, a fantastic show and thoroughly enjoyable. Sadly, it closes tonight so if you want to see it and haven't yet, go now! NOW!8.5/10

I've been neglecting this topic when it should be one I post in regularly, considering the course I'm doing and my future career. :)I love theatre, everything about it is exciting to me. Theatre can be so many things; in all honesty it has the possibility to be anything and mean anything to everyone. We all have our own perception on things, we may share similar outlooks on various subjects and situations, yet none of them are exactly the same. That's what I find such a beautiful notion with theatre- you put on a production and then ask members of the audience of their views on it, each one will be slightly different.The atmosphere is unbeatable IMO, a live audience, live actors, live special effects. Anything can happen there and then and you get immediate reactions from the audience. It's exciting, it's chaotic and it's a wonderful drama in itself, regardless of what story is being told.I must admit, I do not see as much theatre as I should. The last thing I saw was Pricilla, Queen of the Desert, which was pretty darn awesome. I loved the costumes, I love the songs and the general production of it all. I think the bus (which is called Pricilla for those that don't know) is brilliant.Posted ImageFor those that haven't seen the film, I highly recommend it. Don't turn your nose at it straight away and please give it a chance. It's an ultimate feel good film about accepting who you are and allowing others to accept you too. It's all a big romp really with some hilarious one liners and electric songs and costumes to match. Though the latter half really touches on the emotions and has a rather large impact IMO. It certainly made my eyes glisten with tears a few times; especially in the theatre production.What I in theatre most though, is when it is taken outside the conventional venue and it's stripped back to its core. Theme Parks are theatre, to me, just outside of the typical venue. Every attraction is a piece of theatre; everything is staged to manipulate the emotions of the audience. More commonly now, we're seeing the introduction of live actors into our attractions, this just further confirms for me that it is all the same, just perhaps, in a more abstract way.Anyway, enough talk from me, I may elaborate further after a few people have had their say on all things theatrical. ;)EDIT- Yes, I've just realised this is a musical. I never understood why the threads are separate, it's not like either of them are busy enough to warrant it! :) It's all theatre isn't it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...