Thorpe Park Open-Weekend Meetup - Sunday 21st March

Marc

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry people, I won't be coming, really really can't be bothered, have a good time!

Well at least we all know where we stand with you.Thanks for Ratifying that.

Steve (the guy I'm bringing) has politely asked that if people want a photo can you ask permission first. Hes fickle like thaaaaat.

He must be in the Group Photo though! :rolleyes:

What train are you getting out of interest? 8:39 from Waterloo? :rolleyes:

I'm getting the 08:07 train from Waterloo I'm afraid Dan. :lol: I want to get there early to sort out my AP, which I tried to do on Thursday but there was literally one person doing them. A friend of mine said he'd been queueing over 30 minutes!

I'm getting the 08:07 train from Waterloo I'm afraid Dan. :rolleyes: I want to get there early to sort out my AP, which I tried to do on Thursday but there was literally one person doing them. A friend of mine said he'd been queueing over 30 minutes!

Ohh, that's a shame. =\ Yeah, that AP hut can be run like a real bitch sometimes. I remember on opening day 2008 when the queue went back to the car park and it was an hour long in length, because of the mass amount of people and there were only two tills in operation, one handling Annual Passes and the other handling ticket collection.

I don't think I'll be stupid like last time and get a travel card, gates were open at Staines for me to walk through but on way out found I had to pay extension - looks like it's a plain return ticket to Staines.

On Sunday last week I had a travelcard and extension but the barriers were open for both ways, so I could have done the whole day with just a travelcard. Unfortunately there are the rare occasions when the Staines barriers actually work. =\

On Sunday last week I had a travelcard and extension but the barriers were open for both ways, so I could have done the whole day with just a travelcard. Unfortunately there are the rare occasions when the Staines barriers actually work. =\

Ive only seen the barriers open twice, both times I was merely at Staines for a changeover.All other times, they have been working!

Sorry guys, I am unable to attend this due to the lovely Southern putting engineering works on their lines. It would take me Brighton to Clapham Junction well over an hour alone. Obviously, if it wasn't for this, I would be going.I am so sorry guys! Quite a few of you I really wanted to see again from Thursday and others haven't seen in ages! :'(

Sorry to hear that Keith :lol: That's a shame about the trains, because Southern have also got an offer online for 50% discount on off-peak tickets! Bad timing...on the bright side, the offer lasts until April 11th, so you can get cheap train fares to come to Thorpe another weekend :lol::rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Keith :lol: That's a shame about the trains, because Southern have also got an offer online for 50% discount on off-peak tickets! Bad timing...on the bright side, the offer lasts until April 11th, so you can get cheap train fares to come to Thorpe another weekend B):rolleyes:

Yeah I will pop up another weekend with you guys, no problem.Bloody trains! :lol:

Tired and hungry* but a great day, I've never laughed so much :(Random photos, Monster Energy drink, random noises, leg grabbage on rides (Marc's reaction is brilliant, Rush and Quantum were fun lol!), giant chilli peppers are still amusing with their amazing facial expressions...and an interesting experience at Harvester :) "Where's my lemon?!" I won't even begin to explain :D But I could hardly breathe from laughing!Hooray!*Should have gone to Nandos, they would DEFINITELTY not have ran out of chicken!!

Tired and hungry* but a great day, I've never laughed so much :(Random photos, Monster Energy drink, random noises, leg grabbage on rides (Marc's reaction is brilliant, Rush and Quantum were fun lol!), giant chilli peppers are still amusing with their amazing facial expressions...and an interesting experience at Harvester :) "Where's my lemon?!" I won't even begin to explain :D But I could hardly breathe from laughing!Hooray!*Should have gone to Nandos, they would DEFINITELTY not have ran out of chicken!!

HaHa, dont be so sure that restaurants that specialize in certain things are not going to run out of them, I went in to pizza hut a few years ago and they ran out of dough for the pizza bases!

Had a great day yesterday, was awesome to see everyone again and meet some new faces. I seriously feel awful now and have manflu unfortunately, but such is life!Ride reliability wasn't the best yesterday but all staff did their best to keep guests informed. All staff yesterday were brilliant and very friendly. Can't wait for the next meet- Chessington anyone? I'm just uploading pictures and a couple of videos now, which I'll post later.Ellie and Professor X will be pleased to know I still have the spoon :)