Video Games.

Ricky

http://www.aperturescience.com/a/b/c/d/g/h/abcdgh/I should probably be worried at how irritated I am that I have pre-ordered and pre-downloaded the game but will be away until a week after the launch :)

Haha, to be honest I doubt you were the only one judging by the response from the community. I'll admit I fell for the ploy it was releasing early as it would have been a reference to 'Valve Time' and the like, there were many signs which pointed towards it being released early.Anyway, onto the actual game, I am greatly looking forward to Portal 2, having played the first one multiple time and thoroughly enjoyed it, nice to have a game which is a complete break from the constant FPS releases.

Haha, to be honest I doubt you were the only one judging by the response from the community. I'll admit I fell for the ploy it was releasing early as it would have been a reference to 'Valve Time' and the like, there were many signs which pointed towards it being released early.Anyway, onto the actual game, I am greatly looking forward to Portal 2, having played the first one multiple time and thoroughly enjoyed it, nice to have a game which is a complete break from the constant FPS releases.

I knew that it wouldn't come out today. It will be out around Monday. I won't be able to play it until next Monday :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, so now Playstation&Sony have actually admitted that PSN has been hacked, and that the hacker may have obtained personal details, possibly including credit card information :( . This is not good news for Sony tbh, and I'm surprised how such a big company with possibly a massive security system can still be hacked, just shows you I suppose! :)

I think it's pretty poor that it has taken Sony six days to tell us our details MAY have been stolen, surely this could have happened on day one as Sony knew what was up as they shut down their own servers! I could understand if they didn't want to cause worry and were attempting to know for sure whether they have been stolen so were holding off, but that's a full six days when details could have been used for anything.

http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item369506/PlayStation-Network-Restoration-Update/Update on the hope of most services being restored during this week, along with a 'Welcome Back' package for all users. This will include 30 days of free PS Plus for all users and selected free downloads from the store.All current PS Plus subscribers and Qriocity subscribers will receive 30 days free access.

About bloody time and Benin, it is not funny. I know of two people who claimed their details have been compromised. Sony said the data is encrypted, so the hackers could possibly know how to un-encrypt the data.But either way, I hope things get back to normal so I can play Bioshock 2 MP and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood MP. It's too bad you are on Xbox 360, since the Xbox 360 have a lot of hackers and speed hackers who can abuse glitches and lag.I'm looking forward to Infamous 2, Brink and Batman: Arkham City, which are gonna be amazing.

There are hacks on Xbox 360, I have seen videos on Youtube. Luckily I've never seen this on PS3 but it happens very often on PC. Leaderboards are regularly hacked and there are people running around with GodMode, speed hacks and unlimited health/ammo/magic etc.People used lag switch which annoys me. Ian, how does it work?

There are hacks on Xbox 360, I have seen videos on Youtube. Luckily I've never seen this on PS3 but it happens very often on PC. Leaderboards are regularly hacked and there are people running around with GodMode, speed hacks and unlimited health/ammo/magic etc.People used lag switch which annoys me. Ian, how does it work?

The hacks you're talking about on Xbox 360 are done with modified consoles. Like the hacks done with Wii where they've installed Homebrew. Therefore I wouldn't go blaming Microsoft on this one. Xbox Live has had no recent hacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole region. The process has begun and some countries are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach you.In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3′s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/05/15/play-on-psn-restoration-begins-now/PSN is coming back... It's already been fully reinstated in the US, not sure about the UK.