Video Games.

Ricky

I've got 12 badges now, but I've decided to slow down a tad and go back to catch all the little terrors. Even though Diamond is my main game (443 caught, I thank you), I'd like Gold to become my dominant one. So this morning I went on a rampage catching Tangela, Mr Mine, Pikachu, Clefairy and a few of the crappy Generation three ones. <3 FeraligatrPosted Image

I can't help but feel deep down that it was so much better when there were just the original 151, the really generic characters and the totally linear story and world :PNot to mention Glitch City on blue :P

Indeed the 1st Gen games were best in my opinion, I quite enjoyed the 3rd Gen, and the 2nd was ok too I guess. I've yet to play any 4th Gen ones (e.g. Diamond, Pearl, SoulSilver, HeartGold) due to not having a DS.Once the whole sharray of new pokemon came along for Ruby and Sapphire I became completely lost.

I can't help but feel deep down that it was so much better when there were just the original 151, the really generic characters and the totally linear story and world :(Not to mention Glitch City on blue :P

True, although I do like some of the newer monsters such as Luxray, Breloom and Staraptor. I get more annoyed with the amount of Legendaries there are these days. In the original gen, 5 was absolutely fine. But now theres about 30 of them and I get so fed up with the repetitive nature of trying to catch them.And don't even get me started on the event ones such as Mew, Celebi and Darkrai. Because of those..... gits, my pokedex will never be complete. :P

• 1 month later...

Got Pokémon Heart Gold on Friday evening. Play time: 19:26 hours. Badges: 8. Pokédex: 28. Just caught myself a Ho-Oh.My team is as follows: Dratini, Sudowoodo, Pidgey (Hm slave) Sentret (Hm slave) Growlithe and Feraligatr. :unsure:

Just thought I'd write something quickly about my first weekend of owning "The Orange Box". This consists of Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2 plus episodes 1 and 2.First of this game is a bargain, £15 for a great collection of games, including what many regard to be one of the best FPS ever.First off Portal, this is a fantastic puzzle game which uses "portals". It's quite hard to explain but basically you have a gun which either shoots red or blue portals. If you walk into a blue portal you come out the red one if that makes sense. The game then advances to utilise momentum which is great fun. You start off as a test subject going through test chambers. A robot monitors you and say some quite funny lines. I won't go into the story so I don't ruin it. Team Fortress 2 is an online shooter, with a unique cartoony visual style. There are nine classes to choose from which vary greatly. The way it has been done makes it extremely fun to play, even if your bad, like me. The nine classes all have strengths and weaknesses and it makes a nice change from the standard FPS' such as COD and Battlefield.Admittedly I haven't played much of Half Life yet but it seems like there is a very dark story line which could have lots of twists and turns.Overall, so far one of the best games I've bought and one of the cheapest!I'll try to write a longer review later when I've had more time on all the games.

• 7 months later...

It is really scary! I played it around 2008/2009 and I remember concentrating so hard on the game it was so scary; the amount of things that pop out. It could be a corpse lying on the ground playing dead and then when you get close, it will get up and attack you.The demo for Dead Space 2 is out on PSN and Xbox Marketplace and the game is out on the 28th January and there is also the inclusion of Dead Space Extraction for free, which is a port of the Wii Game for the PS Move. All you'll need is a PS Move controller which is £18.00; which I'm getting.Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood is literally amazing with its single-player and multiplayer campaign and Mass Effect 2 is coming on the PS3, which was the best game of the year on the Xbox 360. The game (ME 2) is using the engine that was developed for Mass Effect 3. So it's pretty exciting.

Looks like 2011 is going to be an expensive year for me... I already have 5 games on my list of things to buy!

• Uncharted 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Brink
  • Hunted
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
All look thoroughly brilliant; I'm particularly looking forward to Uncharted 3, Brink and Elder Scrolls V. It's been a long time since Oblivion! ;)

Looks like 2011 is going to be an expensive year for me... I already have 5 games on my list of things to buy!

• Uncharted 3
  • Resistance 3
  • Brink
  • Hunted
  • Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
All look thoroughly brilliant; I'm particularly looking forward to Uncharted 3, Brink and Elder Scrolls V. It's been a long time since Oblivion! ;)
My shopping is list is in the grands for next year... ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pure awesomeness!!! You have not lived if you haven't played one of the ORIGINAL (PS1) Crash Bandicoot games :rolleyes:

I second that wish I still had it was pure brilliantness that game wierd sounds it made especially when you get the masks . I'm addicted to Saw on the 360 at the mo amazing and hard real life like to on hd tv . Has anyone played it ?