Ferrari World Abu Dhabi

ZC2009

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Bringing this back to life.

So the concept was good but the park didn't turn out brilliantly at first it would seem. Dynamic announced early in 2014 their SFX coaster, which everyone thought would be Gringotts. Wrong. At IAAPA in November Dynamic announce that their first SFX coaster would be going to Ferrari World. The videos of the concept layout they show look amazing with so much trick track, coaster section, it has everything from coaster to dark ride in one crazy awesome looking ride. But what will the one at Ferrari World be like?

FerrariWorld6.png

Something like this.

With an opening for 2015 track has obviously begun being shipped.

FerrariWorld2.jpg

And well it's interesting.

FerrariWorld1.jpg

And massive.

FerrariWorld4.jpg

Odd. If the trick track sections are also this large then the hardware to move it will be well huge as well.

All seems very odd. But still, awesome. 

FerrariWorld3.jpg

Oh, and it's black.

http://www.vhcoasters.com/?p=3817

• 4 months later...

Bumpty bump:

http://whatson.ae/dubai/knowledge/27410/ferrari-world-new-record-breaking-roller-coaster/

Another new coaster for Ferrari World is 'Flying Aces', featuring a '51 degree lift hill' and the world's tallest loop at 52m.

Great to see even more investment in the park, but does anyone ever actually care about the a roller coaster having "the world's tallest loop"?

• 2 months later...

Construction update...

dsc00092_2_0.jpg

dsc00093_2.jpg

dsc00094_2_0.jpg

Source: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20496&sid=d70610596eb640b42105873008031fe1&start=1060(warning: TPR)

Flying Aces is making progress, and it's making progress quick.  It's rumoured to have trains like Skyrush at Hersheypark, which gets pretty decent reviews across the board.  

Haven't seen anything much about Mission Ferrari, their SFX coaster (all the details in SCB's post seem to be all that I can find on the ride still...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does that non-inverting loop count as one inversion, two inversions or no inversions?

I keep changing my mind with this one; some pictures make it look like two inversions, some make it look like no inversions.

Hard to tell the scale of things from photos, but I wonder if this is the record-breaking 52m loop?

They can afford it, it's all state owned, it would be like the Queen owning Thorpe Park and giving it a limitless budget, their only restriction to doing things is the time it takes to design and build the stuff.

That loop, it's a loop with a corkscrew at the top, so effectively three inversions.

If an element called a 'non-inverting loop' counts as any invasions, then there is something wrong happening in the world.

If it's an invasion the only thing on my mind is whether Fox Mulder is doing anything to stop it....

Seriously though, I didn't know they called it a 'non-inverting' loop, I guess they mean you are not 'inverted' I.e. upside down, at the top, since you can clearly see the corkscrew in the track just as it crests the top, it's pretty clear you don't enter the loop inverted, but invert to right way up just at the point where you would become inverted, if that makes any sense.....

It'll probably feel like that funny bit on Infusion at BPB, but without the ride trying to dislocate your neck at the midpoint.

That loop, it's a loop with a corkscrew at the top, so effectively three inversions.

It may be none, it may be one, it may be two. But it sure as hell ain't three! 

It looks to me like one inversion; on the way in it seems to twist to the top before it gets beyond vertical, but on the way out it twists upside down before diving out of it. As Josh said though, it seems to depend on the angle the photo has been taken from.

As I said it depends on your interpretation of what an inversion is.

It at the very least would be a point where your arse is higher than your head, and there are only two opportunities for that to be the case on that loop. The 'corkscrew 'in the middle does not in it self invert, so it is only the entry and exit points that can be considered potential inversions. It can not be three!