Your Alton Towers

ZC2009

Well here are my improvements for a six (or more) year period for Alton Towers:Rides:I hate to do this but I want to cut into the forest on the side where corkscrew was of the dark forest, to make way for SW7, a GCI woodie which interacts with TH13TEEN, uses the terrain well and is packed with airtime. I have no name for it at the moment.Squirrel's Nutty ride is... lovely, but I think it should be replaced with a MACK YOUNGSTAR coaster themed around a dragon or something, which offers nice gentle ups and downs for kids.The Beastie will... *wipes tear from eye* also go.Change the layout of Oblivion (Unrealistic, I know, but this is just a fantasy idea) so that the over banked turn goes in the other direction, over where the Beastie was, does a few small drops and turns and stuff (no inversions, and without losing speed) and returns to the station. (This isn't necessarily to make Oblivion more thrilling, but simply to make it longer, as I always found it too short!)Air's layout will be changed slightly, the first drop will be larger and go below ground level, and a little more time will be spent on your back.The Blade will be removed, replaced by (as suggested by others^) a HUSS Jump2 model.Submission and Enterprise will be removed. The Black Hole tent will house a Mack compact launching prototype, which goes out the back of the tent a little for some of the inversions. It will keep the name Black Hole.Rita details below.A flat ride for the Dark Forest, although I don't know what this could be.At this time, a project name and early designs for SW8 could be released.Theming:Nearly everyone has included something about theming, so I am going to do the same...I saw in an interview with John Wardley that when air was planned it was originally going to be the "hero", compared to the "villain" that was Nemesis. I think if they hadn't run out of money (!) on air then they really could have played with this idea...Nemesis already has decent theming, so just make it even darker and grittier, maybe the alien could be given a new paint job, as it's peeling a bit...Air on the other hand could do with a massive theming update. Personally I love the idea of clean-cut techno meets rocky desert, and all the way along the ride there are futuristic buildings, objects and weapons, maybe fighting with Nemesis in the the desert landscape. Just an idea.Ripsaw will be given extra theming to fit with Nemesis, and the Jump2 will be given theming to fit with air.X-Sector and Oblivion queue-line will have a makeover, bringing it up to date.Rita will be given a COMPLETE makeover, removing every sign of cars, racing and ill-fitting theming, by painting the track black or green, getting new trains designed by Gerstlauer (don't know why, they just have really attractive and good performing trains and have done a brilliant job on Texas Giant's new trains) which have vines creeping up them, etc. It will be renamed The Escape or something similar, and will be strongly themed to the Dark Forest.SW7 (or whatever name it is given) will be in an extended version of TH13TEEN's station building, but the queue reaches it from the opposite side (look on a map, you'll see what I mean...)The more trees will be planted where TH13TEEN's track isn't, because I thought the trees were too sparse for a "Dark Forest" and it think the experience will be improved if the ride snakes through the trees...General park changes:COMPLETELY agree with MikeyT's idea for the monorail buildings! What he said was spot on.Other than that I think that TH13TEEN's queue line should be brought forward so it isn't hidden behind Rita, the park needs better signposts (a friend and I got lost in the gardens XD) and general updates to fit shops in with the theming of rides more.WOW that is a huge block of text! I hope at lest a couple of people read this, and PLEASE rate my ideas! :) Thank you!

• 1 year later...

2013 - SW7 opens, General park tidy up , buildings repainted, Monorail trains refurbished, Spinball prepared for relocation.

2014 - Prepare Rita for removal, Hold event for 20 years of Nemesis, Spinball opens in Gloomy Wood under a new name.

2015 - Rita Removed, Dark forest area becomes more open, Plans for set of Robo arms in Ritas former station area

2016 - Robo arms opened, All park toilets completely revamped. Plans for new hotel

2017 - New Hotel enters construction

2018 - New Hotel opens

2019 - After Multiple investments, The park has a quiet year, no new attractions - Although posters around park hint to a new ride, Later in the year, the valley is seen being marked.

2020 - New coaster opens - Intamin Mega coaster in the valley, A 10 years of TH13TEEN event is held on park.

That is all.

Multiple investments? Mate you have years of nothing happening!

I understand that "Multiple investments" probably wasnt the best way of phrasing it, but after a whole new hotel, I feel that the park would have to take it slow, I'd rather have that than all these ridiculous cutbacks.

• 4 years later...

Revival time! Sorry in the mood. From 2017 - 2027

2017 - SW8 Opens, Pirate themed.

Spinball Whizzer repainted to original colours, queueline games repaired.

Blade shut at end of season for the 2018 season, the game where Ripsaw was relocated to near Woodcutters.

Hex, Sub Terra and Driving School reopen.

Try and renew the Charlie contract for a year, with a deal that the contract can be renewed yearly until the ride is replaced.

2018 - Three new flat rides unveiled (one opens in 2019), a small Discus where Rippy was, and a new ride concept for X Sector, much like Temple Heights at Paultons however the gondola swings and locks like a TopSpin, also can invert (OTSRs).

Blade refurbished.

CaTCF reopens.

2019 - New flat opens, a Whirling Dervish if you play RCT3, next to Spinball.

New restaurant comes next to the flat, with an empty building next door.

Blade Reopens.

25 Years of Nemmie is celebrated with a scaremaze (like Vampy was <3)

Molly Crowe says bye bye, replaced by new scare maze

2020 - Spinball comes to the end of its time at Towers, as does Charlie.

New restaurants open in X Sector and Forbidden Valley.

2021 - Plans for new coaster pushed back a year, because...

Toyland Tours restored and modernised.

2022 - New intense Maurer Sohne spinning coaster opens, except it's indoors! Themed to a temple, so the Adventure Land name means something, building joins up with restaurant next to flat.

Empty building next to restaurant becomes a shop for the ride..

2023 - Rita removed.

Sub Species goes next after 8 successful years of operation, replaced by a new Phalanx based extremeish maze.

10 years of Smiler celebrated with the return of the Sanctuary for May!

SW9 queued up for next year.

2024 - SW9 is built - Mack megacoaster on Rita site - 10 inversions and 5 launches!

Nemesis is 30! MASSIVE celebrations!

Park begins 2-year preparation for biggest investment ever, almost everything over the next two years ties in with the investment.

2025 - New restaurant is built in Gloomy Wood (to do with investment)

Nemesis unfortunately comes to the end of its 30 year lifespan.

2026 - Absolutely everything in Gloomy Wood is demolished at the end of the season with the exception of Duel's warehouse and Nitrogenie.

FV is temporarily closed on 1st September, Gloomy Wood fenced off, construction immediately starts for new investment.

2027 - Gloomy Wood becomes a part of FV.

Altons biggest investment yet is unveiled, set to open May: SW10, AND SW11, aswell as new dark ride to replace Duel...

SW10 - Mack Multi Loop going along the back of Duel with the biggest Corkscrew in the world which stretches over the pathway; anti-rollback technology such as on Smiler.

SW11 - B&M Wingrider - First out and back wingrider (I think)

Dark ride - Trackless dark ride with alien themed cars about the legacy of Nemmie - aptly named Nemesis: Legacy 

14 hours ago, Matt Creek said:

My plan

destroy every fence, wall except for Obkivion's pit

build a massive woodie 

build a new dark ride 

throw in some flats 

throw in some flats (new accommodation option)

more shows and entertainment 

Destroy every fence?