Your Chessington

James6

Great! Chessington seem to be heading towards becoming a smaller Alton Towers (in the south) without the good bits,

At least Towers has swarms of land and has been receiving a fair amount of investment over the last 10 years unlike Chessie who seem many steps behind even the UK Merlin parks (when once they were leading the UK park industry in large stops).

Chessington needs (another) major decent coaster with good throughout and towards the thrilling end of the family market (on toadies & peeking's site), retheme &/or major enhancements to the park's main rides (Vampire, Fury, Tombs, Bubbles, Rattle, falls & skyway) amongst more new rides in general.

What it doesn't need is further accommodation (cough cough Glamping) , secondary attractions such as high ropes and photo opportunity thingies whilst the main park continues decay (in most areas) resulting in further removed theming/toned down queue experiences and is generally short on areas to expand due to its iffy green belt location (the North car parks can't be tarmaced & the front field near fury be built on).

The only thing that seems to be done right these days (decision wise) is the Halloween events.

If Chessington was a car, too much effort would be going towards pimping up the radio & added extra systems whilst the body and paintwork continue to rust and the engine starts to strain the volume of items inside which gets heavier each journey.

Towers might have lots of land, but it can't use most of it...

Chessie suffers a similar issue with the Green Belt land, and a seemingly massive lack of direction from where Merlin want to take it... Then not helped by the relationship with locals and Merlin's lack of effort yo change things in that regard...

Who else remembers the optimism of 5 years ago?

• 2 years later...
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 7:19 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

I would:

First off, add a sign signifying Pirate's Cove. Because anyone who's never been before could easily think this is just another part of Market Square. Also, I would slightly refurbish Sea Storm by giving it an LED Sign for the queue time, a proper entrance and on-ride audio with themed announcements.

Refurbish Dragon's Fury by building a new queue, theme tune, and adding in loads of new theming, like a 'Dragon's Lair', which would be something like a pit with smoke, fire, sound and strobe effects.

I would replace the theming on Dragon Falls and make it better at the same time.

I would add audio to all the bits of the park that need it, I.e. Vampire queue line, Land of the Dragons and Pirate's Cove.

I would add a new themed area where Santa's Grotto is. It would be themed around the Arctic (continuing the parts of the world theme) and would feature a family Mack MegaCoaster.

Finally, I would retheme Tomb Blaster to be linked to Rameses. Maybe the story of why Rameses wants Revenge? As when I first saw this ride, my first question was "Why does Rameses want Revenge?"

Why Rameses, so he wants to take back the Hebrews that Moses led them in Exodus.