Your Chessington

James6

Maybe you could have the park open later with selected rides? Or would that not work? :blink:

It might be a bit difficult, but I could see it working. "Welcome to Chessington & Zoo. All of our rides and attractions are open until 6pm. Attention Experienced Adventurers! Rameses Revenge, Dragon's Fury, Vampire and Rattlesnake will remain open until 7pm."

Not really confusing.If it states that selected rides are available from 6pm until 7pm; What more details do you need???I think it is a great idea having rides like Vampire, Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake open an extra hour after park closure. :blink:

It would be great for people who like those sorts of rides as well, with pretty small queues. It would probably seem like an hour or ERT all to yourself!

Not really confusing.If it states that selected rides are available from 6pm until 7pm; What more details do you need???I think it is a great idea having rides like Vampire, Dragon's Fury and Rattlesnake open an extra hour after park closure. :blink:

Well it is confusing for guests, hence the reason the trial hasn't become a permanent addition at the park.

Why do people not believe Mark or Sheepie when they say it really does die down on extended opening hours days?It is a good idea but it really is so much hassle even doing early rider for hotel guests, and opening South Entrance for their early rider. Which, has now changed to opening Fury and LoTD at 9.30 if you come through South Admissions, as Beanoland has now been removed.

• 1 month later...

I happen to think investment in rides and rollercoasters is the best way to generate more interest in Chessington and that this will help the park cater for different age groups, such as young children, kids, teenagers, etc. I think that if everyone has some attractions that appeal to them, they will want to come to Chessington more often. These would be done over a 10-15 yr period, which would see the park evolve.Overall Aim: To refurbish and freshen existing areas with different themes, extra themeing and new rides (inc. Rollercoasters)General Infrastructure & Zoo:Refurbish the themeing on ridesBetter audio to set that atmosphere, depending on the area of the parkCreate more interactive features and special effects Safari Trail, to the left of Wild Asia, which will strengthen the Zoo section to the south-side of the park. Replace the Donuts shop in Market Town Square with Jacket Potatoes and various toppingsMystic East:Remove everything in Mystic East such as Dragon Falls, Peeking Heights, Climbing Wall, Extreme Bungee, the 3 food outlets, Panning for GoldInstall a highly-themed Log Flume that doesn't take up that much space as Dragon Falls and to install one Mondial Topscan To have a large-restaurant in Mystic East serving Chinese food and a Chinese-themed shopThere will be space left over, which could be used for a medium-sized rollercoasterForbidden Kingdom:Convert Toytown into an extension to Forbidden Kingdom Replace Toadie's Crazy Cars with a highly-themed Splash Battle and water cannons that shoot further and includes interactive featuresInstall Duelling (2) Magic Carpets to where the Jumbo is and to re-theme the Berry BouncersReplace Ramses Revenge with a brand-new suspended version that seats more peopleMexicana:Get rid of Runaway Train and open up that area for expansion and relocate the buildings behind Rameses Revenge (Medical Centre) Build a Vekoma Mine Train coaster which covers where Rodeo and Runaway Train used to beRelocate the Children's Zoo and in it's place a Topple TowerA restaurant that serve Mexican and Wild, West food such as Buffalo Wings, BBQ Ribs, Fajitas, Nachos, etc Wild Asia: To use 'The Glade' for medium-sized family-thrilling rollercoasterPirate's Cove: The whole of the Picnic Area for a highly-themed Intamin River Rapids, similar to River Quest in Phantasialand Transylvania:Vampire: New 4-seater trains with in-board audio (adjustments to track & station)Special effects in Vampire TunnelReplace Bubbleworks with an indoor family-thrilling dark-rideReplace Burger King with an indoor thrilling dark ride

• 3 months later...

Everyone just pretend Chessington is yours to manage. And to prevent arguments, you might have unlimited money, no planning permission needed and unrealistic aspects. Basically, try not to shout at each other because their park is 'unrealistic', that is the point, it's yours. Cheers.I'll post mine later.

Ironically, the last time I commented in one of these kind of threads, the park decided to do a lot of them. For instance, I said the entrance to the car parks should be made safer as coming out of the car parks can be quite hazardous.. and lo and behold theres major work happening on the North car park. Hurrah!Improve the toilet facitilies. Aging and delapidated, a lot of the toilets are frankly awful and need sorting out. There's no point having "this toilet was last checked at __" signs if they don't use them and the toilets are bad enough anyway.More emphasis on "keeping the magic". What I mean by this is there is no point in the park adding beautiful things and improving scenery in the Zoo if the back of the Sealife centre is on show for everyone to see. It looks particularly bad from Skyway. It needs disguising somehow or at least covered.A better entrance. I think that is essential. Thorpe has a brilliant entrance, Legolands is inspirational with the little Lego men and the beautiful view over Windsor. Alton has a Monorail to give you glimpses of the park. Chessington at North has an old tower saying "welcome to Chessington" which is lacking any kind of inspiration. You then walk out through Admissions and just see grass with no real clear way of where to go to get to the rides (Which is what people go for first when visiting). I'm sure that space could be so much better with something more exciting then some Skyway supports and a well looked after garden. Better signage at the park is essential and it needs to be clearer. There is no point in having arrows at fixed point if the arrows themselves can be turned around by any guests. Safari Skyway, severly needs an over-haul. After 24 years, those Trains look terrible with no refurbishment since the park first opened. Either need replacing or sprucing up because the faded yellow looks embarressing. The same could be said for the rockwork at Runaway train but then Outift said thats all been redone anyway...They are my main thoughts if I was in charge. but I am not so never mind :(!

I definately agree with the points Mark made on Safari Skyway, SEALIFE and the signs around the park.For 2010, it would be nice to see:BubbleworksA lot of the audio for the ride either is very badly created and / or not played in certain areas.Griffins GalleonPersonally, I would put a sign by where staff stand on Canopy Capers indicating Griffins Galleon is down the path as a lot of guests don't even though it is there. (Plus that ride is epic! :()Seastorm, Black Buccaneer and Safari SkywayI personally would like to see electronic queue times at the entrance of these attractions.You have them on rides like Sea Dragons that I have never seen above 5 mins; so why not have on one of the more popular attractions?(Also, the LED scroll signs - Like on Vampire - This was removed from Hocus Pocus Hall ages ago. Then for Halloween Hocus Pocus, you had little laminated signs up which didn't really look professional.I would put a "88" queue sign outside its entrance). *ToytownI personally think Toytown is looking very run down and could do with a bit of attention.When you are on the Berry Bouncers, you have 2 Bose speakers under the control panel yet you can't heard the audio... erm... why!Chessington ZooMaybe it is just me being blind, but I think there should be more clearer information regards show times.Also, I am quite known I think now for always adding the "& Zoo".If this is seriously going to continue for the 2010 season then I think it should actually be advertised more as "& Zoo" and not just in the name.(Don't hate me :()I would be happy for it to go to "Chessington " but I do think the "& Zoo" is good emphasis for Chessington being known for its Zoo and its Zoo and SEALIFE dates on selected days.But if the "& Zoo" is not going to be consistant, then get rid of it. - Although, obviously I do like it :(Safari SkywayAs well as Mark's comments above - I personally think the audio used on the ride should be on all the trains.Trail of the KingsGive the lions, leapords and tigers some form of entertainment to keep there brains stimulated!They look bored sh**less!That is all I can think of at the moment! :(* Just so we are clear - 88 queue boards = Sea Dragons, Griffins Galleon etc.LED scroll = Vampire, Dragon's Fury, Dragon Falls etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Gerstlauer Launched behind Wild Asia...Vekoma Madhouse replacing current Madhouse...Pathway/Gardens/Land of Dragons Entrance replacing Truckers...Berries replaced by Family drop tower (see Thomas Town at Drayton)...Toytown turned into Forbidden Kingdom...Playhouse/Capers replaced by spinning flat (Demolition Derby?)...Rodeo (finally!) replaced by Mack Twist n Splash (Teacups with Water guns)...Safari trail/ride behind hotel...Peeking and games replaced by a good capacity Ferris Wheel and Musik Express...Mack Supersplash in Fury picnic field themed to Pirates Cove...Bubbles rethemed to something to do with the area, but with comic styles...That's about it for the main future for me... Would love to see this stuff happen... Particularly the first one :P

• 4 months later...

I'd give Vampire a big fat make-over. Bury the old cheesy Vampire, alive. It's time to drag the ride up to date. The sign at the (original) ride entrance would be rotting wood with VAMPIRE in big red bold letters, it would also have rusty chains and a noose hanging from it, with a sign saying "Vampires Beware!".The whole Transylvania area would have dark sounding ambient music, with the occasional screams and hissing noises from the buildings. I'd paint the ride to look rusty and old and paint the trains black. The Q would have tunnels, a graveyard with a few broken tombstones and allot of smoke and mist effects. Half way through there would be an old fashioned gypsy campsite, abandoned and again, trashed, the Vampire obviously shows no mercy. Then I'd plonk a couple of fire effects on the original entrance that go off every now and then. At the entrance there would be a *very* old fashioned and trashed ambulance that people could have their pictures taken in. I'd then scatter some ripped up bloody clothes in and around the trees, to look like victims of the Vampire. The tunnel towards the end would be filled with mist and the smell of rotting flesh, with moans and groans echoing through it. The lift hills would have warning signs saying things like Beware, Danger, Point of no return etc. Now for the station... Where the train comes in and out I'd put broken bars, from the cage that the Vampire has broken out of, and returned because it's now "daytime", they would also be rusty with peeled off black paint. The soundtrack would be pretty much the same, but with a basic thump thump thump (Think Inferno) with reversed spooky sounding mumblings, a deep manly scary voice thing that I'm finding hard to describe, and spooky announcements. The rest of the station could just be done up like a castle that is falling apart, with vines and rubble and mist effects. With messages written on the wall in blood with the occasional "LEAVE" and "It's not too late for you"... and the outside of the station would pretty much have more of the same, minus the blood messages. I guess the overall theme would be that the guests become the Vampire, and there is no stopping you.The rest of Transylvania would then have a deserted theme. Vines, broken windows, mist effects (I LOVE mist effects :D) After that I would have no idea what direction to take Bubbleworks in, so I would quit.

• 3 weeks later...

I would re-buld (theme) Bubbleworks finishing the contract with Imperial Leather, but I would'nt return it to Proffeser Burps. I would have to find a new sponser who can provide what bubbleworks needs to have to be a good ride. I would have to get rid of 50% of the zoo and move Charlie & Chocolate Factory ride from Alton Towers to the park, this is becasue people go to Alton Towers for the thrill rides and I dont think it fits in at Alton Towers. I would add a child park to Pirates Cove basing it around a pirate ships. I would then swap The Zoo with Maxicania and add more rides to Mexicana. I would completly re-theme Dragon Falls maybe extracting from the Mystic East theme into a more jolly theme, I would also spend half the year cleaning down the whole park and installing new benches, and information boards, A few years down the line in 2015 I would have to demolish Wild Aisa and replace it with Wet Wet Wet from Thorpe Park. Then later on during the next three years I would have to think about getting rid of Vampire and Bubbleworks and build a new River Rapids.I hope my ideas are good please comment!!!

What? :) You can't move a dark ride. They can't be dismantled and rebuilt in random places. Try moving a supermarket, you can't transport it around on the back of a truck, can you? Also, Alton Towers would be left with a huge gap if Charlie was demolished, and as for 'getting rid' of half the zoo... After spending loads of money each year on running, improving and adding to the zoo (it is now one of the best in the UK), why chuck it away? :DAlton Towers is NOT all of about thrills, anyway!? How can you say people only go there for thrills? That isn't the case for any theme park and probably never will be because you have people of all ages and tastes going to these places. Especially families at Alton Towers, since that is actually marketed as a family park. It makes no sense, Charlie is loved enough where it is thanks.But, your logic in demolishing Wild Asia in favour of some tatty slide set is ridiculous and Bubbleworks does not need a sponsor. Sorry if I am coming across as rude, but are you coming up with these silly ideas on purpose??I'm afraid that none of that will work, not for the business or the guests. Sorry! :D