Lightwater Valley

Josh R

Problem lies with the ability to invest, remember a year or two back when Lightwater couldn't even construct a Tractor Ride, so had to wait a year to do so?

Slippery slope of life, the smaller parks can't afford to build anything decent, no one visits... Although of course now there are plenty of rides available on the cheap, you have to wonder if these park's budgets even stretch that far...

I'm hoping to / planning to visit sometime this year when I visit flamingoland, just wondering if it's worth staying the extra night to visit this park as well... are raptor and the ultimate really that good?

Raptor is a brilliant dark ride, Ultimate is also fantastic as long as you enjoy coasters that throw you around.

I'm not too keen on rough/bumpy rides... but as long as if the restraints/seats are comfyish, as on the back row of Grand National I was in agony... but would love to experience the ride as it's so unique and I love the look of the second half of the ride winding through the trees!

Haha it's a marmite ride really (you either love it or hate it). I like the national on the back row.

coasters:

Raptor Attack

Ultimate

Ladybird

Twister

and Caterpillar

they also have a Vortex type ride, and inverting pirate ship a mondial topscan, angrybirds land, and a general enterprise. There is quite a good flat ride range I'd say. :P

I hope Whirlwind isn't too forceful, as the Top Buzz at Funderworld travelling fair was far too forceful and just hurt trying to hold your legs from swinging outwards so much... I actually love Samurai when it's run on a long enough setting, as it's so smooth and somewhat slower which guessing makes it more enjoyable for me.

• 5 months later...

It is a shame but I really don't see a long term future for Lightwater Valley. It is a very nice park and it has potential. It just doesn't seem to have the money behind it that it so rightly deserves.

Removing one of their signature rides certainly isn't a good move though I could guess there is a reason behind this.

It really is a shame to see these smaller parks lose money over the greedier, bigger ones. It's one of the many reasons that I prefer to support the smaller businesses (when talking about theme parks) than merlin.

Well, that and the fact that I tend to enjoy days at these parks more because I visit the merlin ones more often.

Back on the subject of Whirlwind, I know that the park had to refurbish it earlier this year so maybe it cost too much? Whatever the reason, it's a shame to lose such a good flat ride.