Lightwater Valley

Josh R

Probably trying to raise funds as no one visits the park...

Tis difficult for me to justify the excessively long trip north for it when I've done everything there and nothing new has been added because they cant afford it... Shame they cancelled their lodge idea as it would've gone a long way to helping the park...

Going up lightwater for the 1st time as it's a park never been interested to go to but though I'll give it a go any tips or hints about the day like what food drinks prices also taking my larger friend again like last time he can get on everything big boy seats on nemmy but not Colossus any rides reckon she struggle to get on?

Going up lightwater for the 1st time as it's a park never been interested to go to but though I'll give it a go any tips or hints about the day like what food drinks prices also taking my larger friend again like last time he can get on everything big boy seats on nemmy but not Colossus any rides reckon she struggle to get on?

The park doesn't have the best food, it's all fairly basic "theme park" food and it isn't cheap, a standard burger type meal is around £7 I think. In the past I've left the park and gone to either the café inside the entrance building or the restaurant in the shopping village just outside the entrance building, they're generally better quality, than the in park offerings.

With regards to the restraints, I imagine that the only ones that might be an issue is Eagles Claw and Whirlwind, I would imagine that The Ultimate's would be relatively accommodating, and all the other rides shouldn't be any issue.

The park doesn't have the best food, it's all fairly basic "theme park" food and it isn't cheap, a standard burger type meal is around £7 I think. In the past I've left the park and gone to either the café inside the entrance building or the restaurant in the shopping village just outside the entrance building, they're generally better quality, than the in park offerings.

With regards to the restraints, I imagine that the only ones that might be an issue is Eagles Claw and Whirlwind, I would imagine that The Ultimate's would be relatively accommodating, and all the other rides shouldn't be any issue.

Thank you for the tips I think we eat at the restaurant then :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am very saddened to hear that LWV are selling the "Wild River Rapids" as well.  I know they were a travelling model but they were actually fantastic, and everything Storm Surge should have been!

From my view, I think the park is being forced to sell this and Whirlwind as it is in a poor financial position, which is a shame as it is a brilliant park.  :(

• 3 weeks later...

Will it?

Don't think Thorpe's attendances dropped when Stealth ran over a pigeon (or to be more accurate, ONE of the times it ran over a pigeon), nor did it affect Apollo's Chariot, and that incident happened on their press day...

Lightwater's attendance will be affected by their lack of money to build anything new or interesting to get people to visit, not because of the circle of life...

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Good News Lightwater valley finally turned a Profit last year !

Lightwater Valley returned to profit in the year ending 31 January 2015, following several years of consecutive losses.

The North Yorkshire theme park recorded a pre-tax profit of £110,000 as a result of the 2014 season, following £168,000 losses in the previous year.

Company accounts show that turnover at the North Yorkshire theme park increased by almost 8%, to £6.28 million.

The return to profit follows a number of years of loss-making at the park, which is operated by Heritage Great Britain.

The years to 31 January 2012 and 2013 saw losses of £55,000 and £500,000 respectively.

http://riderater.co.uk/2016/lightwater-valley-returns-to-profit/