10 years time?

Knightrider

Here's an interesting question, what does everyone think Thorpe Park will be like in 10 years time, barering in mind how far Thorpe has come in the last 5 years since the opening of Colossus, do you think we'll have many more coasters and thrill rides to look forward to in the next decade?? And do you think Thorpe Park will be much larger in area than it is now with newly themed areas & gardens? ;)

I personally think that development will slow down a little, after 2009. I really do not like slagging off Tussauds, but at the way Thorpe is going, it worries me to think of where Thorpe will be in 10 years' time.It's upsetting, it's like seeing your baby being taken by smoking, or drugs, or something similar.The sad thing is, it can all be sorted out with one years' worth of no investment, but just money being applied in the right places.Never going to happen under current management though. One part of me wants to go back the golden days- the 90s. Back before Tussauds was sold to Charter House- the begining of "the parks' " demise.

Well under the new management (Merlin Entertainments) I can see alot more investment going into the parks and hopefully seeing much more improvements and the restoration of alot of the themeing and interactive parts of the park. So I'm looking forward to see it!

But what would you actually spend money on doing? This year has had a smaller investment than in previous years for the fish, but along with this we are seeing huge improvement's in things like the dome, with the glass house, shops and photo collection unit all majorly improved on last season. Then theres the park wide audio system which has been installed around the entire park which I'm sure will bring improvements. I'm sure we would all like things like tidals theming fixed, infernos volcano finished around the back but there just things which are not going to happen in my opinion.

Some one noticed when we was last at the park and showed me that they had replaced the pipes underneath the gas ball, although I don't know if that means anything. But I always thought the pipes were above ground and not underneath so its possible they may return.But who knows, it would be a miracle.

I'm not to sure about that one I allways thought they were below, and even if they are they still do need to find a suitable location to have gas tanks safely.

This is exactly what I'm saying. It probably won't happen, no, but why shouldn't it happen?

Well as far as I know inferno was planed to be how it is now, it had no buget cuts if I remember rightly so they obviously never wanted to finish it of, and I dont think theres room for it anyway what with there being a service road behind there and storage space. And the main thing it will come down to is money, it wouldnt bring them any in and it wouldnt be deamed worth it.

;) Hmm we would all like to take over a theme park like Thorpe, but we would have to be Billionaires to folk out the cash! And please don't tell me that the gas ball for Tidal Wave don't work anymore, that was my favourite part of the ride cause it made everyone jump when it went off! :P

• 1 month later...

Yeah and they can turn the boxes on cos when we were being nosey looking through the Tidal control box window we noticed that the keys are also in the switches for the effects. Would be very cool to see it working again, hopefully we're gonna get one of these closed seasons where they get EVERY effect working again to improve park experience.

Just to set the record straight.-Rumba Rapids Power Shower will not be returning, as when it goes into boats, people tend to stand up to aviod it, which could lead to someone falling out of the boat.-Tidal's effects probably won't come back. It's gas line has been cut, and still, there is nowhere for the gas to be stored. Hope this has cleared it up a bit ;)

• 1 month later...

its hard to really imagine what TP will be like in 10 years? alot has changed TP in the last 5 years.its a very had thing to predict as they are being quite secretive about future developments and plans?my bet is, they will use the land the farm was on and it will have a very exclusive ride on it? another world record holder maybe?but my guess is as good as anyone elses