10 years time?

Knightrider

I reckon that x no way out will have gone, along with Colossus.

I do also think that X:\ No Way Out will be gone in 10 years.However, I really doubt that Colossus will be leaving the park in 10 years. (Plus, I don't want it too neither! :P)It was the worlds first 10 inversion coaster and is considered one of the major attractions at Thorpe Park.I can't see Colossus going anywhere in 10 years, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...
I do also think that X:\ No Way Out will be gone in 10 years.However, I really doubt that Colossus will be leaving the park in 10 years. (Plus, I don't want it too neither! :))It was the worlds first 10 inversion coaster and is considered one of the major attractions at Thorpe Park.I can't see Colossus going anywhere in 10 years, in my opinion.[/quote)Agree too x no way outs on it's last thrill I think But Colossus is awsome can remember going on when I was a nippa :)

I would usually say "Something like that definitely needs to happen", however I now accept that Thorpe Park are probably never going to do such a thing. It has an awful lack of theme continuity and purpose. Being a contemporary UK theme park, it grew during the very lazy Tussaudes days when pretty much the bare minimum effort was put in and the most easily marketed gimmick used. It's a big shame, but it turned out that Thorpe Park didn't need perfect imagination to be successful. Now that the place has been built up and is pretty compact, it would be very difficult to go about improving the appearance and themework to the extent at which it at last feels great. There is so much to work around that it would be tricky to prevent things from ending up looking squashed in or unrefined.Of course, there are still quite a few places (pathway to Saw Alive, Nemesis Inferno station and Stealth queueline spring to mind, to name but three) where this can be done easily enough. Other places like X No Way Out and the Lost City flat area are too compact, really. I made some diagrams and plans for what I would have done to X No Way Out a while ago, but with Storm Surge now in the most ridiculous location possible there is no hope of anything like that happening. Basically, restructure the X plaza to make it feel less exposed and random, giving it a slightly isolated and abandoned feel, with a new outdoor queueline meaning the interior could become home to a Hex-style preshow walk through (which I still think the ride would really benefit from). There just is no room! Thorpe Park is a pretty small place after all.And then of course there is the money and time to do it with... Just too much effort really for Thorpe! However, with LC12 being built on a completely new island, they have the perfect chance to create something fantastic. It already looks quite promising looking at the plans. The bridge over could be used very well too. I hope they make wise decisions and break away from the "Thorpe Park can't be bothered" mould that they have been stuck in for a while now....Wait, GooseAnima...? zOMG :)Posted Image

• 2 years later...

The other thing about Colossus is it's made by Intamin which use cheaper materials and trains not to mention far cheaper operating systems compared with say B&M or even Vekoma the last time I checked so running Colossus is very cost effective and is cheaper to run then the likes of Nemesis, SAW, Swarm etc...so I don't see why they'd see knocking it down as a potential investment if all their going to do is replace it with a more expensive ride to maintain, all Colossus needs is a repaint and the odd wheel cleaned up about once every 5 years.