Thorpe Park In The Media

azzap96

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone noticed the tropical travels in the park footage, whenever detonator on?

I was just about to post this as I happened to pause it on skyplus and noticed it as I paused it when the detonator game started. Wow that is like 9 years ago that footage was taken. Still seems yesterday that it was still there.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This has been posted in The Mirror. Rather funny personally, I wonder why these machines haven't implemented some precautions to stop people doing things like this, I know a couple of Machines have a mechanism that stops you from opening the door unless you've actually won something.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/little-girl-pictured-stuck-thorpe-2109822

Thorpe-park-A-child-stuck-in-a-machine-2

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most suitable place for this I think... http://www.thedrum.com/news/2014/04/15/pizza-hut-comes-out-top-social-brands-100-poll-while-google-amazon-and-youtube-fail

Thorpe Park have ranked 23rd in a Social Brand poll. The poll measured how good brands were at building and maintaining relations with 16-24 year olds via social networking, and the quality of such relations.

Good to see Thorpe are doing well at this sort of thing!

The list was created following an audit of the Facebook, Twitter and Google+ profiles for 100 brands that have a particular resonance with the 18 to 24 year-old age group as decided in a survey by Voxburner.

Over a four week period from February to March 2014, Headstream and Social Bakers then looked at the value of content, whether they had an authentic tone of voice, and their timeliness across and gave each brand a ranking.

That's clear then.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Speaking in his own defence, Padgett told the court: “It was not myself in stress, it was someone I was with. She is prone to panic attacks. I had already asked for them (the park staff) to help.

Yeah that'll help her anxiety, screaming at people and causing a huge scene. Way to help your friend. 

Oh dear :P And yes Merry-go-girl, what a great help that must've been!

It's pointless me saying this here and now, but just a thought - it's too bad they didn't have a disabled access pass; they would've been in specific seats and evacuated first/one of the first and may have avoided this distress :P (Although, fair enough if they knew they could've got a wristband but didn't want to/didn't feel the need at the time)