SAW: Alive

Marc

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know, or think that perhapes Thorpe Park will be adding in a SAW 3D / 7 part, I can think of 3 or 4 scenes which could be used, but of course I do know there could be a problem with all of the space and the weight limits on the boat. I think it would be nice for Thorpe Park to put in a SAW 3D / 7 scene, but of course with all of the other work going on at the part, I dont know if it is possible. The 3 Scenes in mind would be:- 1. The pipes through the neck scene.

• In the centre of the room would be the trap, with the girl in the 'straight jacket'. She would be 'dead' the pipes in her neck (Special Effect ;) ). The room would be darkened and in the corner of the room would be the man who tried to save her. He blocks you from going the short way (to the right) making you drift to the left. The woman in the trap would come alive and try to grab you the man then chases you out of the room through the exit.
2. The pipes through the eyes and mouth scene.
  • In the centre of the room would be the circular trap, with the girl in it, impailed by the pipes. This would be a dummy, and it would come alive as people walk past it. A the back left of the room would be the lifting part of the trap. This will have the man attemping to save her lifting it, and coming after the group as you past him. There would be a fake window, where a billy doll will be hanging, laughing. The room would be very dark and the main anamatronic would move into the pipes and would be screaming, as if it was from the film.
3. The teeth removal scene.
  • The room would be very dark, with a table in the centre. This would be covered in blood. A tv would be on the right handside with billy on it laughing. To the left at the back would be x-ray showing the face of a man, from the left and right. On the x-rays would be a red circle around 2 different teeth. These would have been the teeth with the codes on. Just behind the centred table would be a man, covered in blood. He then comes to life and scares you out of the room. There would be a door in the path exiting the room, much like the door from the film, with a panel indicating the correct code inputed.
These ideas are based to fit in the photo collection room at the minute. This room would then be moved outside, making it not as cramped and full, if people are trying to by photos.Hope you like the ideas, even though they are probably not going to become reality. ;)

Does anyone know, or think that perhapes Thorpe Park will be adding in a SAW 3D / 7 part, I can think of 3 or 4 scenes which could be used, but of course I do know there could be a problem with all of the space and the weight limits on the boat. I think it would be nice for Thorpe Park to put in a SAW 3D / 7 scene, but of course with all of the other work going on at the part, I dont know if it is possible. The 3 Scenes in mind would be:- 1. The pipes through the neck scene.

• In the centre of the room would be the trap, with the girl in the 'straight jacket'. She would be 'dead' the pipes in her neck (Special Effect ;) ). The room would be darkened and in the corner of the room would be the man who tried to save her. He blocks you from going the short way (to the right) making you drift to the left. The woman in the trap would come alive and try to grab you the man then chases you out of the room through the exit.
2. The pipes through the eyes and mouth scene.
  • In the centre of the room would be the circular trap, with the girl in it, impailed by the pipes. This would be a dummy, and it would come alive as people walk past it. A the back left of the room would be the lifting part of the trap. This will have the man attemping to save her lifting it, and coming after the group as you past him. There would be a fake window, where a billy doll will be hanging, laughing. The room would be very dark and the main anamatronic would move into the pipes and would be screaming, as if it was from the film.
3. The teeth removal scene.
  • The room would be very dark, with a table in the centre. This would be covered in blood. A tv would be on the right handside with billy on it laughing. To the left at the back would be x-ray showing the face of a man, from the left and right. On the x-rays would be a red circle around 2 different teeth. These would have been the teeth with the codes on. Just behind the centred table would be a man, covered in blood. He then comes to life and scares you out of the room. There would be a door in the path exiting the room, much like the door from the film, with a panel indicating the correct code inputed.
These ideas are based to fit in the photo collection room at the minute. This room would then be moved outside, making it not as cramped and full, if people are trying to by photos.Hope you like the ideas, even though they are probably not going to become reality. ;)
I like them ideas but like you said the weight limitations... but hey knowing thorpe park they will find a way. but I doubt their adding anything new to saw alive I think thats just going to be left there now and rot away (hopefully)

just going to be left there now and rot away (hopefully)

Bit harsh imo. Well I mean it is a bit on the sad side, but if they got the right people who work at a rate that is feasable whilst giving a brilliant show, I think it would have been brilliant. Also get rid of those half-wit actors, honestly their dreadful. Do auditions for people and who ever can actually scare people the most, use them. And bring the special effects back, that would definatly boost ratings at bit more, if they worked properly or the special effect make-up artists were brought back. Please Thorpe Park, Be Nice ;)

it would be be scary and good if they didnt have people run around screaming in your face you dont get that in the films :/

Very true, very true. I doubt thorpe would be able to actually make it scary. I feel that they should just do what they do best. . . Roller Coasters. And leave all things scary to those who know how to scare people. Cant think of anyone off the top of my head. Heard there was someone at the park at fright nights, went round as a clown and scared loads of people. Hmm who was he? . . . ;)

I think it would be be scary and good if they didnt have people run around screaming in your face you dont get that in the films :/

You see, this is an interesting point you raise. Should the actors keep into the roles you see in the films or try and scare you?Whilst being in the role of the film has a very... nice ambience, it doesn't provide what Thorpe advertise the attraction to be - a scare. So, having people jump out at you will be the best way to scare people, and that's how they'll do it.

You see, this is an interesting point you raise. Should the actors keep into the roles you see in the films or try and scare you?Whilst being in the role of the film has a very... nice ambience, it doesn't provide what Thorpe advertise the attraction to be - a scare. So, having people jump out at you will be the best way to scare people, and that's how they'll do it.

Thing is when they jump out, they dont scare people most of the time. People can work out where they are most of the time, because they make that much noise before you even get in the room, that you know they are gonna 'get' you and try to scare you. Unfortunatly, there way of scaring people doesnt exactly work ;)

Just adding my little point here :PThe actors are their to give their performance so if they cant be bothered as someone put (I think) then they're not doing their job properly, after all they are actors and if they couldn't be bothered to perform properly on stage they wouldn't get away with it. yes people get tired and agitated but thats part of life if they get that tired standing behind a pillar and occasionally stare at your whilst their horrendous make up clouds their face, then they need a few energy drinks. and its not the same people all day ive been in there within a space of 10 mins maybe and theyre completely different actors who "act" like they've been in there for decades. and its not just the actors its also the staff add any atmosphere to the ride you see all the theming and you get in the scared mood then someone women with a little counter walks up to you and tells, not asks you to get into a line its just not very good, and I know they need to get a certain amount of people through to stop queues getting long but I would like to spend a little time in the room other than 10 seconds as I dont get to absorb the atmosphere, they spend all that money on themeing and msells etc and I never have a chance to see it properly because where out so quick. oh and also the actors need to stay in chanrecter because you say the slighest thing to them and they change into their job I got a call from my mum the 3rd time I went round and I answered it and the actor was like RAWWW.. then excuse me mate cant that wait till outside... I was like no ---___--- I also called the women on the hook a bitch cause she kicked me whislt dying on the hook and she randomly got off and ushered us out the room again I was like ---___---any way theire are some good points about saw alive it only takes a minute to walk round

I don't think we should tar all the actors with the same brush, some of them are brilliant. On the other hand some of them aren't.I think Saw Alive is a bit awkward, the Saw films are not particularly 'scary' - if all the actors were laying around in the traps it wouldn't be much of a 'horror maze'. I think to make this work they should put a few more pig masked actors in there to do the jumping out from dark corners and all that, and let the other actors focus on being in the traps rather than having to worry about scaring everyone as well.As it currently stands if you took down the sign at the entrance most guests would not be able to tell that it is themed around Saw at all! It's lost all its 'Sawness' because they are trying to make it more scary.

Saw Alive was never meant to be something to spend lots of money on with brilliantly trained actors in the first place. That is why I think it was something of a bad idea to go ahead with a year-round horror maze in the first place. But it was never going to be anything special, just a little something to promote Saw The Ride and give an excuse to say that there was a "new attraction for 2010". The plan worked, even if the maze itself is rather naff.

I'm not getting at Thorpe but I feel sorry for the actors, Thorpe have picked a few rubbish scenes which should be changed and be easier for actors to be IN the trap but also to scare.

Very true, I think that the overall scare depends on the acting skill, but if the scene doesnt correspond with what we should recognise from the films, the actors persay cannot act in them, in the correct way.For example the electric room, yes very good and it gives us a feel that jigsaw is trying to stop us, but if the billy doll wasnt in there, or the red paint saying 'LOOK CLOSER DETECTIVE MATTHEWS!', I wouldnt of had a clue that, that scene was supposed to be from SAW 2, and if you did have any actors in there, which there never is, they too could find it had to act in as, they would never have actually seen how said scene would have been acted out, as thorpe have just created it from scratch.Also good point about the 'Pig Masks' ThrillSeekerMatt, I have noticed in all the times I have been in the maze, only once has there been someone in there with a Pig Mask on, which I feel is a bit of a let down, as how are we supposed to feel that Jigsaw is coming after us, when all we have is people, who are in the midst of getting killed, trying to kill us O_oI think thorpe should have just left it alone and not created it, because, it was and still is a complete disaster.

Very true, I think that the overall scare depends on the acting skill, but if the scene doesnt correspond with what we should recognise from the films, the actors persay cannot act in them, in the correct way.For example the electric room, yes very good and it gives us a feel that jigsaw is trying to stop us, but if the billy doll wasnt in there, or the red paint saying 'LOOK CLOSER DETECTIVE MATTHEWS!', I wouldnt of had a clue that, that scene was supposed to be from SAW 2, and if you did have any actors in there, which there never is, they too could find it had to act in as, they would never have actually seen how said scene would have been acted out, as thorpe have just created it from scratch.Also good point about the 'Pig Masks' ThrillSeekerMatt, I have noticed in all the times I have been in the maze, only once has there been someone in there with a Pig Mask on, which I feel is a bit of a let down, as how are we supposed to feel that Jigsaw is coming after us, when all we have is people, who are in the midst of getting killed, trying to kill us O_oI think thorpe should have just left it alone and not created it, because, it was and still is a complete disaster.

woah theres red paint on the wall :P I never noticed that thats one of the problems I have with the maze you dont get enough time to linger to look around and explore the detail thorpe have tried to create :/