SAW: Alive

Marc

woah theres red paint on the wall :D I never noticed that thats one of the problems I have with the maze you dont get enough time to linger to look around and explore the detail thorpe have tried to create :/

Yes there is, as you go up the path from the bathroom, and turn left, right in front of you on the wall is the words 'LOOK CLOSER DETECTIVE MATTHEWS!'. I only just noticed it when I was in there, because I was at the front, and I decided to go a bit slow, and see if anything would scare me, which I have to say, nothing did. But yes there is paint on the wall :P

woah theres red paint on the wall :P I never noticed that thats one of the problems I have with the maze you dont get enough time to linger to look around and explore the detail thorpe have tried to create :/

Its on a mirror isnt it?And ive been in Alive 3 times and never seen a PigFaceman in any part.

Its on a mirror isnt it?

As far as I can remember, yes. Because its supposed to remind us of the 'Venus Flytrap' scene from SAW II, unfortunatly, I think it would have been better on the roof, and a sensor would trigger, setting a light off so we get a quick glimpse of it, and we hear the sound fx's of the trap going off.Also thorpe, get rid of that bloody rock music, it aint needed!

As far as I can remember, yes. Because its supposed to remind us of the 'Venus Flytrap' scene from SAW II, unfortunatly, I think it would have been better on the roof, and a sensor would trigger, setting a light off so we get a quick glimpse of it, and we hear the sound fx's of the trap going off.Also thorpe, get rid of that bloody rock music, it aint needed!

ikr that stupid rock music ruins the whole thing the last time I was in there the whole way through I was wtf why are they playing rock music we need saw music :@

I wouldnt of had a clue that, that scene was supposed to be from SAW 2, and if you did have any actors in there,

The thing with that particular scene is that it was meant to have real electric shocks in there. If that had have been the case, there would be no need for actors in there, as the effects would have done that scaring. That's why you rarely get actors in there. It's not really designed to have an actor in it, making it much harder for them to act there. It is a shame really.The thing with Saw Alive in general is that they're always going to be in two minds. Should they keep it true to the films and leaving little scares, but create a wonderful atmosphere or should they break the roles and just try to create a BOO scare? The traps were chosen carefully in conjunction with Lionsgate, so that it could be true enough to the films, but also create a scare. Yes, some of the traps could be better, but we've got what we've got. Whatever is chosen, they'll make some people unhappy and it will have it's flaws. Case of damned whatever they do with it.

Yes, whatever did happen to the electric shock effects in Saw Alive? I seem to remember an official note from Thorpe Park about electric shocks, so it was not just false rumour or something like that. It seems as if it really was planned at one point.I also remember on that preview day there were reports of people using items of clothing wrapped around their hands to avoid getting shocked. I never heard anybody from that preview actually say they got shocked though.Then, when the attraction opened to the public, all of the stuff about electric shocks just disappeared. I remember there was some loud vibration in that scene, but no shocks. I heard that the shocks had been disabled for health and safety reasons, but it must be more than that because they were obviously made to be perfectly safe. Is there any news on exactly why this happened, or if there ever were shocks at all?Just wondering.

As far as I'm aware, the electric shock was just a no no by Health and Safety, for whatever reason. The shock was just a little pop, yes, and was perfectly safe, but H&S usually have some silly reason or another. I think it had only been used for celebrity events and the family and friends day. The electric shock stuff was mentioned in the Press Release online and on a notice to the celebrities at the celebrity event. However, there are still signs in the Saw II scene of 'Danger Electric Shock' or something, that were intended to warn people of it. That, coupled with the loud vibrations from the gate really do make people believe it is electrically live. Not a bad effect I guess, though probably does leave people a bit disappointed.

Are you sure that was not just marketing?

Pretty sure it was working on the family and friends preview day and on celebrity events, but could well have been.

But how come I didnt have to push it when I was at the front.

Sometimes it doesn't close fully, just like any ordinary gate.

tbqh I wouldnt want to be electricuted in that room I dunno why it just doesnt sound right :/ epople with pacemakers etc :P

People with pacemakers / heart conditions would be (I think they actually are on the entrance sign?) warned that the maze is not suitable for them and they should not enter. And it would hardly have been an electrocution, more a little pop - like you get from the novelty shock pens..

I'm 100% sure it was only used once, on the celeb day... Maybe..

From what I've heard it didnt work then. A lot of articles I've read have all said they never felt the electricity in the room, they just heard the effects and felt the floor move, that is all. A real shame, that thorpe came up with that idea, but it didnt come to pass :P