SAW: Alive

Marc

Good to here that it's open and I wonder I'f they changed the layout inside :P

No change in layout what so ever.I went yesterday, had to wait 45 minutes, as someone fainted ;)If anything has changed its much darker, they're using different lighting in places and theres a lot more smoke ;)

Also they dont have the guns going off in the SAW 6 room, bit of a shame really, but I think their just taking it as a precaution now.

I found it horrible today! I walked into a really stinky boat, even worse than normal.The picture section was usual.Then we walked into the SWAT room and the woman jumped out at us. She made the man at the front of the group push the button for the Billy video. She then circled us and scared us and led us into the bathroom.The bathroom stunk more than usual and the man in the room was just standing there when we entered. I saw the fake Jigsaw body on the floor for the first time I didnt know that was there but it looks cool. The man came to us and was growling at us. Because I reacted he followed me and kept whispering 'you!' and he followed me through all the way until the end of the freezer scene. The gate wasnt in the Electric scene and the girl in the freezer was swinging all over the place. The mausoleum (sorry about spelling) was really smoky, actor was laughing at us and was whispering at us. Swinging blade wass really amazing, and the actor actually did was he was supposed to. He was lying on the table screaming help. Then the blades went, then he came round and was stroking me and going help me please! And their was a strobe, I dont remember that being in there?The last room looks the same, its cooler in there with an actor. He rubbed his hand on my head and the guns were only spinning not shooting, and then he followed us into the photo collection bit. He walked around the room and gave us creepy looks.I was really impressed and I considered crying at the bathroom point, which is so rare its unreal, I think the actors are happy getting back to their own enviorment to act scary ;)

It seems that the attraction makes more sense now story wise, before the fire I think it started off in a police station and the SWAT member talked then showed the video, but then you were suddenly inside Jigsaws warehouse, but now it seems like your already in the warehouse and the SWAT member is an insane victim rather than a normal person, which to me makes more sense than the sudden scene change.

It seems that the attraction makes more sense now story wise, before the fire I think it started off in a police station and the SWAT member talked then showed the video, but then you were suddenly inside Jigsaws warehouse, but now it seems like your already in the warehouse and the SWAT member is an insane victim rather than a normal person, which to me makes more sense than the sudden scene change.

I always thought it that we were the swat team or something :L

I always thought it that we were the swat team or something :L

I was told that we have entered jigsaws basement :) bit hard to imagine, seems were on a boat :D I also feel the maze isnt really a good resembleance to the film series, I mean yes the 'kind of storyline' and the theming makes us feel we're in the film, but the confused idea that we are apart of the swat team, and then whilst we're goin through the maze, and yet technically we should be trying to help those in the traps, which we dont, we just pass as if we are the camera. I also think the way in which they try to scare us is all wrong. I feel that they should have people in the traps, just screaming and attempting to escape, and then hidden in the dark spaces should be people dressed with pig masks, or the jigsaw hooded robe. I will always say that I dont find the maze to be the best thing in the world, I wouldnt be the best thing at the park, thats what the roller coasters are for, but I think the maze could be improved in places.Sorry for the rant

Well, it's darker than it was before. And there's more smoke around the attraction. Much harder to see what's going on; considering what it was like beforehand, I'm 'impressed' by that.When I went on Thursday though, there were 9 actors - the most I've ever had. I wasn't really interacted with that much though, which was a disappointment..Kudos to Thorpe for getting it back up quite quickly and for how well they've done with it, but the attraction is as naff as ever really...

I can't comment on what it's like after the fire as I haven't been on it since then, but IMO it's not something I would go on again and again. My friends and I all agree it is something you experience once and don't necessarily need to on again. But that's just my opinion on it, I know other people will disagree. I wouldn't go as far as to say it was rubbish - it wasn't, and I did jump out of my skin at a few points, but I just don't feel the need to go on it again :)

Went through this on Saturday for only the second time since it opened and it's definitely better. And being on the end of the chain of people I was getting rather a lot of attention including someone in the gun room constantly tickling me and going "tickle tickle tickle" in a high pitched voice - bizarre!

Only thing I dont like about Alive is that the actors come out into the photo bit at the end. If your scared of the actors and you want your photo, most people will leave without the photo because of the actors. Its quite annoying,

That makes me laugh that bit when they do that but it's true they must loose so much trade on photo But it great to see them in the light there is so much effort put into making them real looking which I love

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...