SAW: Alive

Marc

All I ask is the the actors actually bother to watch the movie that they're supposed to be acting in relation too, rather than just blurting out completely inappropriate and uncharacteristic crap.

I think you have to have watched and enjoyed the Saw movies to appreciate the level of detail they put in to the maze. Frankly the theming in there is the best on park in my opinion, but I just hate after putting all this effort in to the immersion, that the actors don't carry it, and completely stop you from becoming lost in the movie world.

All I ask is the the actors actually bother to watch the movie that they're supposed to be acting in relation too, rather than just blurting out completely inappropriate and uncharacteristic crap.

I had sent Thorpe Park a very detailed email about how I felt about this attraction and I mentioned the lack of movie knowledge from the actors. Their response was along the lines of 'we hire fully qualified actors who we train and work with to get the best experience in the attraction.' which imo is a load of drivvel because every time ive been in none of the actors play their parts as if its the saw world, which is a real shame.

• 4 weeks later...

I had sent Thorpe Park a very detailed email about how I felt about this attraction and I mentioned the lack of movie knowledge from the actors. Their response was along the lines of 'we hire fully qualified actors who we train and work with to get the best experience in the attraction.' which imo is a load of drivvel because every time ive been in none of the actors play their parts as if its the saw world, which is a real shame.

Hmm so following me around the room whispering "where's your tickle button?" in my ear is going to help me have the best experience in the attraction?

Interesting..

Fair point Mark, but in Jamal's defense it can be disputed that when in a maze based on the SAW traps you would expect to find people in said traps, dying. Instead we've got a maze with the SAW scenes inhabited by performing arts students coated with cheap-looking white face paint, overindulged eyeliner and Halloween FX blood as they jump out at you thinking they're in The Asylum.

They've definitely stepped up their game. Although its still iffy in places.

When I went they seemed to act out their scene quite well, it was a little weird seeing the girl in the freezer room in just her underwear, but it definitely fitted in nicely, especially since she was shouting "help me!" instead of the usual "BOO I'M DEMON LOL!"

I don't ask that these people sit and give act out a play, because that really wouldn't be scary, but just some homage to the films would be nice, and I saw a lot of that when I went.

My favourite moment was watching an actor come out of the backstage area as we walked past and give us a confused look.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hey people - Sorry to resurrect this thread especially as I'm new and going to have that beautiful '1' post mark - But been browsing here for years never joined mind! :P

Anyway probably a silly question but I remember around the time this opened a few boys from my school claimed to have gone through and accidently ended up entering a wrong door which led to a staff room, always curious if there was one actually in there for starters, (I'd imagine so) but also the chances of them actually entering it?

Cheers for any responses! :)

Yeah there are changing rooms in there for the staff, I've heard of people accidently going in there before so it is likely :)

Cheers for clearing that up! Any idea's whereabouts in the building they are? Maybe Thorpe should use some of the ticket money to invest in a lock to prevent this from happening :P

Cheers for clearing that up! Any idea's whereabouts in the building they are? Maybe Thorpe should use some of the ticket money to invest in a lock to prevent this from happening :P

They're disguised in the walls between each room I believe. Problem with having a lock is that actors need to get in and out of the rooms quickly.

They're disguised in the walls between each room I believe. Problem with having a lock is that actors need to get in and out of the rooms quickly.

Ah true, I was just thinking their would either be someone in there all the time to quickly unlock. Or the attraction would be stalled of new people anyway whilst a changeover was done. 

There one in cabin I managed to find it last year and get chucked out the exit by a gang of actors. Cabins one is just a cloth.

That was nice of them! I still laugh to myself at the thought of walking through by accident, everyone just dressed casually rather than in costume and them still pretending to be in character whilst you stand their looking at them slightly puzzled  :lol: