SAW: Alive

Marc

• 1 month later...

saw: alive was absolutely brilliant yesterday. pigs everywhere, actors in traps who still managed to get good scares and a brilliant police woman actor at the start who put a gun to my head :lol:. I despised it last year, but it was extremely impressive on my run through yesterday... much better than MBV at the very least. it wasn't even particularly that scary (imo due to the conga line format making everyone feel safer) but it was just great fun and a really impressive maze in general. I'm glad it's improved and is no longer an awful maze at fright nights in a lineup of generally great ones, as it was in the past 2 years :-).

• 1 year later...

I think some fanatics who visit more frequently than most forget how infrequent most visitors are. Something that's open for a few days a year (on very busy days too, making rerides less likely) isn't really going to get 'stale' for most people. Especially in something which naturally varies depending on the actors actions. 

Saw Alive is still solid, nothing needs changing really.

16 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

How long do we think SAW Alive has left? It is certainly in need of a "reboot"...

Won’t supprise me if it has a year maybe two left anyway, seems as thorpe didn’t go for lionsgate attractions this year for FN, I’m surprised if it will last with Saw being under Lionsgate. But then with a new saw film coming out it might get a retouch but highly doubt it for being a seasonal attraction. 

2 hours ago, TPF100 said:

Won’t supprise me if it has a year maybe two left anyway, seems as thorpe didn’t go for lionsgate attractions this year for FN, I’m surprised if it will last with Saw being under Lionsgate. But then with a new saw film coming out it might get a retouch but highly doubt it for being a seasonal attraction. 

SAW Alive will be under a separate contract to the Lionsgate one that ran through Fright Nights. I would imagine it’s either contracted to match that of the ride, or is on a infinite licensing where they pay a set amount per annum to hold it. The way I view it is the day SA goes will be the day the boat is scrapped.

Personally I don’t see this buzz for a refurb idea. Sure they could redo it and probably make it even more immersive but there’s no issues with the scenes as they’re all relevant and the acting is strong and on brand. Why fix something that isn’t broken; there’s plenty of other areas of the park which could have money and budget spent to redevelop and improve before I’d touch Alive.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, there was space marked for another room (I believe some early floor plans of the maze do have it marked as 'Saw VII room').  However, that space is now largely used as an actor green room and storage.  In theory they could turn it into a new scene, but with the large number of mazes they have that use the space as a green room now, it would perhaps be impractical to change it now.  

Would be interesting to see if they did incorporate the new film into it, but I personally don't see it happening. 

• 2 years later...