Merlin Entertainments

RobF

Yes. Oh well, whatever. But this news of Merlin possibly going on the stock market is interesting, it's about time they did. I know Merlin is huge, and a lot bigger than Tussauds was, but Tussauds was never on a market, correct?

No. Tussauds were in the market between Pearsons selling off and Merlin taking over.

• 4 weeks later...

Completely random, but I didnt know where to pit it.

Basically I'm going to alton towers during the april half term. My friend has bought a MAP online and it needs to be collected there. He is unable to go when I go, so just out of curiosity, can I collect it on his behalf? If he wrote a letter with his details on it and saying that I can collect it for him and a passport photo of himself. Could I do that?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

One of the MAP perks have changed... https://www.facebook.com/notes/merlin-annual-pass-official/2-for-1-drinks-for-merlin-annual-passholders/10151516748237732

The free hot drink after 3pm is no more. Instead, after 3pm, you can get 2 for 1 on any drinks (as opposed to just tea, coffee; hot chocolate), and it's avaliable at 2 outlets, not one.

So, no longer is there a freebie with no catches. Some people are getting a bit worked up about it because you have to pay and because some people have got the drinks capsule. Personally, I think the drinks capsule argument is a bit silly - not everyone gets it, and you can still use it for hot drinks, and get one for a friend or something. Yeah, okay, so you now have to pay for this, which isn't great, but it does make the offer a bit more appealing to some, especially if they're with someone who doesn't have an AP, for example.

I have a drinks capsule, so it doesn't affect me in the slightest does this (as I don't drink hot drinks anyways)...

Least they've moved it to 2 separate places now, that was hilarious to see this massive long queue of MAP holders in Land of the Dragons...

especially if they're with someone who doesn't have an AP, for example.

But if you are with someone without an annual pass then you can just order two on the same one. I did that plenty of times at THORPE PARK because it said a 'fair use policy' not just one per pass.

But if you are with someone without an annual pass then you can just order two on the same one. I did that plenty of times at THORPE PARK because it said a 'fair use policy' not just one per pass.

Probably another reason why they're getting rid of it being totally free then, to stop certain levels of 'abuse' of it...

They are a business, and considering the amount of MAP holders they can't just throw money away like that...

Didn't know that you could get more than one; to be fair, I never made use of the offer in the end! :P

It's still a nice offer to have really. I have a refill capsule too, but if I ever wanted a hot drink, I'd take advantage of it, or if I was with non-AP people. Also works nicely for non-refill capsule holders too. Must admit I am surprised at the amount of moaners on Facebook (well, as surprised as you can be by people moaning on Facebook!)

Merin have got this completely wrong here is my view:

If they introduced BOGOF back in March, everyone would have seen it as another fantastic perk, some would take them up on it, others would use their soft drinks capsules and all MAP holders were happy.

But they gave us a fantastic free deal which we all loved and now they have changed the deal, yes BOGOF is great but pass holders are seeing this as something they have lost out on rather than a perk. They need to think this through and market and execute it correctly.

Remember the free digital downloads last year and now people (not me) are paying £2 per photo on top of the £8 price this year....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Only 1,000 though and I dont think many will be able to afford that anyway!

Plus I found out this info!

For just £14 extra per person (family) and £20 for individual passes, the new Premium Pass now comes with a special Privilege Pack containing: introductory fastrack tickets for Merlin theme parks (worth £15), birthday vouchers allowing your to bring 3 of your friends with you for just £10 (saving your friends up to £35 each) within 7 days of your birthday and extra goodies and insider advice to help you to make the most of every visit.