Merlin Entertainments

RobF

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Once you visit non Merlin parks of actual quality you'll understand...

Also plus 1 for not knowing about the blue peter badge thing...

Oh trust me, I rate Paultons much higher than LEGO, and honestly the only thing that swings it in Chessie's direction is Dragon's Fury (:wub:), the fact Chessie is closer, and the theming (may not be well kept, and LK is the best in the UK, Peppa and Creek are good but the rest of Paultons is pretty bare in the way of theming imo, the shrubbery is great but I prefer Chessie's pre Merlin stuff). I prefer Flight to Vampire aswell. (Believe it or not)

54 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Oh trust me, I rate Paultons much higher than LEGO, and honestly the only thing that swings it in Chessie's direction is Dragon's Fury (:wub:), the fact Chessie is closer, and the theming (may not be well kept, and LK is the best in the UK, Peppa and Creek are good but the rest of Paultons is pretty bare in the way of theming imo, the shrubbery is great but I prefer Chessie's pre Merlin stuff). I prefer Flight to Vampire aswell. (Believe it or not)

Lost Kingdom is great standard for the UK, it's great fun and families rightly love it. But put it in the UK 20-30 years ago and it would be laughed at. How far everything has fallen in the big scheme of things

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Much like Costa's drinks, the above post needs more sauce... ;)

Presumably this is more about promotional offers and stuff, as opposed to Merlin bringing Costa places into their parks.

Just seen something about Starbucks and the Merlin coffee brand "out, Costa in"

During the summer whilst waiting for DBGT, a staff member doing a survey on coffee brands actually asked me which brand I would like to see at the park.

I chose Costa, purely because I go to Costas more than any over brand (I've been to Starbucks probably about once in the last two years) and I love their hot chocolates.

So an unpopular opinion... I'm actually delighted to hear that Costa Coffee could possibly be coming to Thorpe Park.

On Friday, November 04, 2016 at 4:24 PM, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

I chose Costa, purely because I go to Costas more than any over brand (I've been to Starbucks probably about once in the last two years) and I love their hot chocolates.

Thiiiiissss this this this this! With whipped cream chocolate sprinkles and marshmallows :wub:

8 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

I think one of their coffee places serves Starbucks coffee, but isn't actually a Starbucks?  It's the same at one of the places at Legoland too.  

The Hill Top Cafe is a confusing blend of Starbucks and not Starbucks. It has a few bits of Starbucks branding on the inside but aside from a stand-up sign none on the outside. It also serves non Starbucks food and Merlin coffee I'm pretty sure.

12 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

In two minds about renewal of my Merlin pass, it expired back in October and I've been trying to decide whether to renew... but I don't know! :lol:

Yeah do it. Your Merlin rants have been entertaining over the last few years and provoke debate and strong feelings. We need you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...