RobF

Merlin Entertainments

I know Merlin can be expensive, but nearly £1800 for 3-5 people getting Premium is surely out of hand!

Other sale rises are surely because the price went up anyway. 

Ryan   
18 minutes ago, Ian-S said:

LOL are things so bad at Merlin they sacked all the proof readers?

To do that they'd first need to hire some ;) 

It's ridiculous, the standard pass (without the deal) now costs more than my premium pass back in 2013.

Plus, I don't like the design of the newer passes (the older one made me feel so much more important).

I got an email from Merlin for a free 3 month Now TV cinema pass. The trick is to cancel it once it starts. It will ask "are you sure? A few times but just cancel and it will still work until September without charging for a renewal.

Benin   

Like every free trial thing then?

Interesting freebie though, but only Cinema? When Game of Thrones is coming?

Benin   

Would we not rather they get their existing houses in order first before spending further monies?

Marc   
1 minute ago, louis_cullen said:

Yay even less money for the Merlin parks which are already struggling with a lack of staff

You could also look at it on the flip side, a more successful US business could bring more capital for the rest of the group. (Im not saying that will happen but we certainly should just assume this will mean less money here!) 

Just now, Marc said:

You could also look at it on the flip side, a more successful US business could bring more capital for the rest of the group. (I'm not saying that will happen but we certainly should just assume this will mean less money here!) 

That is true. If I'm correct the Busch parks bring in a lot of profit due to Tampa being all year round.

Mark9   
On 07/08/2017 at 2:45 PM, Marc said:

Apparently since this article Merlin confirmed during an earnings call their interest in buying the Busch Gardens parks

https://skift.com/2017/08/07/merlin-hints-at-interest-in-buying-seaworlds-busch-gardens/ 

Yay, more theme parks for Merlin to completely trash. The lack of vision or any exciting future for Thorpe, Chessington and Alton really don't inspire confidence that they could run the Busch parks well, aside from bleeding it dry from profits and budget cutting.