Merlin Entertainments

RobF

Awful move, I am not at all impressed by this. Having bought passes in the sales, we were mislead and they have obviously released these details just after the sale has ended so that it wouldn't affect sales!

It's almost lying, telling customers they are going to get something whilst they buy the passes, then changing it behind their backs whilst they are doing so!

To be fair, when they updated they're website, there are crosses for 'Unlimited Refills' for Standard and Premium holders. So they haven't technically lied, but have been very underhand in the change.

But yes, I'd be very interested to see their "market research", and why that makes them think they can be somewhat patronizing in their reasoning behind this all.

To be fair, when they updated they're website, there are crosses for 'Unlimited Refills' for Standard and Premium holders. So they haven't technically lied, but have been very underhand in the change.

In the eyes of what most customers get, they have lied. I'm not interested in how they have officially "twisted" it, to customers they have lied. It's misleading, underhand and not acceptable.

at least give us good drinks you know not the syrup that costs like 3p for a bag the real stuff from a bottle

Meh, I prefer the 'fresh; fizzy drinks over the stuff from the bottle; I'd feel more cheesed off if they were giving it to us from a bottle to be honest...

I guess the only good thing right now is the fact they might re-design the bottle again, so that it doesn't leak / break.

Their market research said that on average people visit 9 times and refill twice per visit. They haven't had good comments on Facebook, there are lots of annoyed people.

That's rubbish though! If they were really doing this "for the good of the customers" then they would offer both options.

Personally I refilled mine a lot more than twice per visit, and 900 people doesn't represent the view of the majority. (A lot more than 900 people own a MAP and drinks capsule).

Has anyone got their bloomin perk package in the post yet!?

It says for half term, but which one, I wouldn't be surprised if they meant and intend to send it out beginning of April for the easter half term, as it's only alton towers that's open with rides this half term!

I haven't had mine yet.

Someone's made a Facebook page about the drinks capsule - it's worth joining to be honest. https://www.facebook.com/groups/808479162559921/

Well with regards to the the Perk Pack I received an email today from Merlin pretty much saying...

Apparently due to severe weather not everyone has received their perk packs in time for February half term, but ensure that everyone will have received them by March in time for the start of the theme park season... if they can't wait and only if planning on using them this half term then there are limited numbers available at the attractions, but best to wait til main season when the perk pack offers best value for money!

So another words they haven't got round to sorting the packs out as I doubt anyone has received them yet, and saying there are some available at the attractions this week, but only if you're going to use it, so how can they prove that, and what if you get one will they still send another one to your address as apparently they're stuck in the post due to sever weather - doesn't add up really! and again making it sound like a good thing it's delayed as you get better savings by waiting til main season, which is true but what if people wanted them now even if they aren't going to use them yet - I hate waiting!

Got a source for that?

Yes actually... https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet?fref=ts

EDIT:oh wait a sec, thats just showing the pack, lol, that is just what I have heard from people when I went to alton on the weekend.

Double EDIT: the source is actually on the same page a little further down so yeah, the source is there.

or here it is in the flesh

YF2V52x.png

After weeks of speculation, the details of the new attraction at (Merlin's) County hall has been confirmed and will be a Shrek themed experience.

I'm rather mixed on this move and decision for a Shrek attraction. I used to enjoy the Shrek films when they came out (mainly the first two) and found them to be great family films, however my concern is, the common Merlin trait of using an I.p that's dying or last it's best seeing the last Shrek film was a few years ago and they may not make any more.

6 of these in 9 years? Merlin must be quite certain that this will be successful then.

From reading the articles, at least it won't be 100% Shrek, yes the main thing is an interactive Shrek walkthrough experience thing but there will also be a "character courtyard" to meet other DreamWorks characters. It might be okay, it has some potential. At least Shrek is a large franchise that hasn't really died, it's just been a bit quiet. After all, they opened a whole Shrek dedicated area at Universal Singapore so it must have some potential still. Time will tell.

Merlin Bank certainly seems to be coming along well though, all they need now is some dodgy looking Fastrack units dotted outside the attractions to make the area more cramped and a rip off.