I, at the Season Pass, am interviewing John Wardley on Saturday

Nick Hutson

I have a question.'Why are you being used by parks to say you are helping them design an area when you have little or no input at all? Could you actually give us any details of the last area you had substantial input to an area to make it a really outstanding area/themed ride that stood out to guests?'

We'll give you cookies if you tell us the new B&M prototype? <_< In all seriousness, it'll be really interesting to hear him back - it was very good last time he was on.Could I ask, "Now that the secret is out on Th13teen, can we re-ask the question about the direction of the industry as a whole, and where will theme park attractions go from here?"It was sort of asked before, but now we know what Th13teen does we can ask properly what will be done to keep it new and fresh! ;)

With all these 4-dimensional coaster designs out there (Intamin, S&S) how do you think this will affect other manufacturers, like B&M which have you have been rumoured to be working with?You started working on theme parks with Chessington, where will you go from there? Will there be a time, when you've decided that Chessington WoA doesn't need you anymore?Nemesis and the Forbidden Valley was one of your greatest pieces, do you think we will see you, re-creating that magic at the other Merlin parks specifically Thorpe Park?There is a huge emphasize on rollercoasters, will we ever see you / would you ever want to create a flat ride, that is totally jaw-dropping and themed brilliantly?After working on Thirteen, what do you plan to do next?What do your family and friends think of what you do?

What were the other names considered for Thirteen? ;)

Pretty sure there was a survey conducted last season with random visitors at the park. They were asked for their favourite name out of the following:Panic13Thirteen666MortalisInto The UnknownThe WoodcutterI'd guess that '13' and 'Thirteen' were the most popular, hence why the style of 'Th13teen' is used. But hey, still worth asking..I have a question as well:What ride, that you've designed, are you least proud of? Cheers <_<

Thanks for all the great questions. - I will see what I can do!As to when the episode will be released, it probably won't be for a couple of weeks but I am not sure - as I am not in charge of the schedule.I am looking forward to chatting with John again tomorrow; he's a real gent and a very, very good interviewee!

Nick, did you get all my questions that I sent you a few weeks ago? I hope you did. Here they are again, for the sake of this topic, even though he has already been interviewed:1. What is your view on the current state of Bubbleworks, Duel and Tomb Blaster? The Haunted House sounds like a fantastic ride, but many of the old effects (such as the Skeleton Corridor scene and the original finale) were replaced by unatmospheric effects or left missing. There is certainly a lot of mystery surrounding Duel. I agree that the laser guns make what is a brilliant dark ride some sort of target practice. This really does not work as well as it does on Tomb Blaster, a ride which also had many effects removed when the original Terror Tomb was refurbished. Whilst still a great ride, I think the Bubbleworks retheme in 2006 was awfully planned out and the result took away the magic and memorable fun of the original ride that you worked on.2. Will there be any plans to reinstate the wonderful atmosphere of some of Chessington's old rides in any way that you know of? It will be spectacular if you worked with Chessington again, as they have recently rebranded and it seems they are heading in the direction that you sent them back in the late 80s.3. One last thing, the somewhat now famous skeleton animatronic in the Haunted House that turns off the lights at the start of the Skeleton Corridor, is his name really 'Electric Bill'?I am really looking forward to hearing the interview, when it comes out. Time to refresh my podcasts, I think. :P

Hi, guys.Thanks for the questions. We ended up chatting to John for about two and a half hours, and you'll be treated to two episodes starting from next week (I believe). We only had time to ask a couple of specific questions, but a lot of the questions you'd love to hear the answers to are included in the interview. It's a GREAT interview - and might be one of the best chats with Wardley ever. It was such a pleasure to have him spend 20-30 minutes answering one question.It's certainly something worth looking forward to, and I hope you all enjoy it when it's released.

Many thanks for all the thanks - but the thanks go to John for taking sooo much time out of a gorgeous afternoon to talk to us! Hope you're all enjoying it! ;) I am drawn to this, that I saw on CoasterForce today: " I hate that Nick Hutson guy. He doesn't know anything, I like it when he talks about theatre but he knows naff all about parks quite frankly. "Makes me laugh!