Ride 9:- Detonator

Mark9

59 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Detonator?

Why did these Ride _ things ever stop anyway? :DI voted Good. I would say it is an understatement (a 4.5/5 if you will), but it isn't excellent - well, this season anyway. Provides a great drop which is really fun and forceful. In fact, it is only this season I have had the guts enough to have my hands up on it all the way through the ride. :D The audio was very good. Note, was. Now, the audio goes 5 *dun-dun*, silence, 1 *dun-dun* Detonation! It just doesn't sound right. Half the fun of the ride was the countdown. It added so much to it. And then when it didn't work, it was just as good, as it is was a little eerier. However, now, it just seems inconsistent (I know it is meant to be) and not that well thought out. Basically, with a drop tower, I think audio and atmosphere are key. And now, the ride has been let down by that. For Detonator, either have a complete countdown, or no countdown at all. :)

Like others, the one ride out of all the ones I've done that scares me every single time, I don't know what it is about it, whether it's the unpredictability or just the force of the drop, but it's fantastic :) These rides just don't quite have the length for me to be 5/5 though.

I voted it excellent and it is Thorpe's only ride since it was installed, that I could continually give that score. With Stealth you know it's going to be fast and intense because of the size and speed of it. but Detonator, despite looking pint sized is so much better. I've been on 200 and 300 foot drop towers and none of them compare to the force, speed and power of Thorpe's little gem.Detonator may not have that amazing soundtrack anymore but its a sublime ride and one I will always make the effort to ride.

Excellent. One of the few rides which is what makes me want to keep going back (other than the social factor of course). I also love seeing the post-ride expressions of the skeptics who under-estimate it before going on. It's also one of the only two or three rides at the park which still make me think 'Wow' whenever I get off. It also craps all over Hurrikane Condor, a ride three times the size of it.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It's good cause its a 1 trick pony yet somehow never gets any less scary no matter how many times you go on it, personally I tend to wimp out of this ride lol :lol: I went on it once, scared the crap out of me, almost killed me so never again! The g-force is ridiculously intense and its very deceptive, dosnt look high from below but once your up there your like "Why did I do this?" lmao

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...