Thorpe Park Meetup - Sunday 30th May 2010

Marc

You know why Marc. This forum has actually gone downhill and it's rather sad to say. Ever since we got the title of 'The official Thorpe Park fansite' it's gone ****, this just fuels my thoughts. And also yes you do have to protect members etc but discrimination isn't protecting them.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seemed to miss the points I have made, can you tell me how this is discrimination? If the team has had concerns raised to them, we are in a position to act and do the best for all of our members.

. Ever since we got the title of 'The official Thorpe Park fansite' it's gone ****, this just fuels my thoughts.

Being official changes nothing, I can assure you that.

I roughly know this situation but it's not like Rich is an actual threat. It's not like he's an Axe Maniac, he's Rich, he's a nice guy, he's funny, he's one of us! I might be coming to the meet-up and I am not one bit afraid of Rich and I would love to spend time with him, if he came.I did some stupid things and people gave me a second chance. What Ryan is saying is right, everyone deserves a second chance and any mistakes Rich might have made, doesn't bother me one bit.I respect you - Marc and the Mania Hub Team for trying to protect its members, but they are protected

I find it more funny guys that a lot of you have laughed at some of the Rich related jokes made at the times I've seen you and the first TPM meet and yet we ask that you do not invite banned members and everyone goes but what about Rich. II don't see any of you giving a damn that Themeparkbloke isn't invited. Just because Rich likes all your statuses on facebook and drives you all around merrily in his car you seem to think we're just discriminating him.

I find it more funny guys that a lot of you have laughed at some of the Rich related jokes

This is relevant how? I like how one day you made those jokes about him literally all day once then suddenly he turns up and you're in love with him again. Right.

I find it more funny guys that a lot of you have laughed at some of the Rich related jokes made at the times I've seen you and the first TPM meet and yet we ask that you do not invite banned members and everyone goes but what about Rich. I don't see any of you giving a damn that Themeparkbloke isn't invited. Just because Rich likes all your statuses on facebook and drives you all around merrily in his car you seem to think we're just discriminating him.

Yeah I know this is probably aimed at me, so for the record laughing at jokes is just a light-hearted thing which should not be taken too seriously and it doesn't mean we all don't enjoy seeing him, me included.But I am fine with him not being invited as it has now been explained and I'm still looking forward to the day. Please can we move on now?...

Okay, I don't know why Rich was banned (in fact, I only found out yesterday evening that he was), and to be honest, I don't want to. None of my business. The thing is, the team have made a decision, so why can't you respect that? After all, they are the ones running the meet, they are the ones running the forum and the website. Why can't they be allowed to say that a couple of people aren't allowed to go? Surely it is up to them. As for the whole becoming an official link ruining the site. It has brought in many more members, which has made the forum harder to moderate, which does explain why the forum may have gone downhill a bit in posting quality. If I'm honest, I'm not the biggest fan of the official link. I'm being a bit biased here, but it did make it harder for TPG (and other Thorpe sites) to compete. However, that is the whole point of competition I s'pose. I have said in the past that at times it seems the park is behind some of the articles and the site is more of an advert rather than a fan site. However, when bringing these points up, I was told this wasn't the case, and after that, the site felt a bit more fanboy related, rather than another advert. Why that had to be brought up in here is a tad pathetic in my opinion. Anyways, I'm still a maybe for this meet up.EDIT: I agree with Dan. :D

Thank you Will :(I will have to check when they expire though! And Steve has offered to let me use his Magic Pass if he has it, and it would be better for me to do so as I really don't have much money! :D I'm not even sure I can afford to use a BOGOF voucher! Yup, bad times at the moment! Stupid Annual Pass expiriing :D :(So it's not definite yet.

I applied for one today, finally found one that's suitable!I'm not saying too much, don't wanna get too excited yet/jinx anything!Even if I get it I don't think I'd get paid by 30th May. In fact I probably won't have even started! So I may still be screwed!But like I said, I don't want to speak too soon, so for now let's assume I am still unemployed on May 30th!

Just to reiterate exactly what has already been said, all members are welcome to attend the meet if they wish. However, members who have become banned may not attend.It's nothing new or strange to ask, members become banned for a reason. Of course people may visit the park when they wish, with who they wish, but we kindly ask that you do not bring along banned members to the actual meet.If anyone wishes to discuss this further, please contact any member of the team who will honestly be really happy to explain further. Please keep it off here though, this is not the place to discuss forum politics, any further posts about the matter will be deleted.