Thorpe Park Meetup - Sunday 30th May 2010

Marc

I have to disagree, the organiser of the meet should really have some sort of authority over the group. You can't honestly expect any other member (especially some of the younger ones) to just stand up in front of everyone and start directing the trip? No, it wouldn't happen. That's what the trip organiser is for.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the trips are meant to be about fun surely.. not somone telling people what to do and what not, ive never been to a meet up like that..

With a person in charge you can still have fun, but a meet-up is much more better overall if there's some organisation going with it...

But the trips are meant to be about fun surely.. not somone telling people what to do and what not, ive never been to a meet up like that..

I'm not saying there has to be someone telling others what to do, I don't think there should. But the idea of organising a meet is that when everyone turns up, there is some sort of idea of what is going on. If everyone was just going to turn up and after 5 minutes go off in their own groups not talking to others then there's really no point in holding a meet. I'm not saying someone should shout exactly what is going to happen and tell people where to go, but at least give some sort of interaction with the entire group as a whole.

I agree with what you say, but the admin team can only set a place time and give recommendations to members, if people choose not to follow them then unfortunately its already a recipe for disaster imo. But obviously we will take comments on board for future meetups.

I agree with what you say, but the admin team can only set a place time and give recommendations to members, if people choose not to follow them then unfortunately its already a recipe for disaster imo.

Serious?I've been to meets where the group goes to a ride and basically if you don't wanna go on, you sit out with whoever else doesn't wanna ride and wait for the group...Meets SHOULD be about meeting new people with similar interests, and going around as a big group all day does help people talk to each other... Just some need the extra step of being spoken to first which should be the role taken by the admin lot...

As I said, we will take comments on board to help improve meets in the future.Most, if not all of tpms previous meets have taken pretty much the same approach, which until now we felt have worked well and have had only good comments from attendees. We will be looking to run meetups in the near future which we hope everyone will enjoy as much as the last ones.

As much as I am aware of the failure of this ManiaHub meet-up, nobody has any right to place blaime on anyone especially Marc.

Sorry, but like Paul, I have to disagree on this. No they can't be blamed for everything, everyone has to put effort in, but the admin/trip organiser should have some authority, you can't expect someone else to just take charge. I wasn't at the meet but at previous meets where it has taken a while to get people to listen/get ready for the photo, I've really felt like taking charge but there's no way I would, no one would listen because I don't have any authority etc.I'm not trying to be harsh, just echoing what the majority of people on here have been saying, as I agree with them.Now let's focus on the next meetups and make sure they're some of the best :)

This conversation is going round in circles now. Everyone has had their say on the matter by now I think, so I'm going to put this in the Archives. People will always want someone to blame, time to let go now.We've got a few trips planned over then next few months so ya'll are more than welcome to attend those.