PR / Marketing

Ryan

I like the advert quite a lot actually, I think for a while the park have lacked an add which shows off more than just one of its rides and its nice to see them showing of the family rides to, I dont think we need any more proof that they are going back to targeting this market! :D

I seem to remember someone in the 'Questions to Thorpe Park' board asking if there were plans to use the resort tagline but Thorpe seemed to imply that as Snoozebox is only a temporary solution, they have no intimidate plans to brand the park as a resort. Maybe when the new permanent hotel finally arrives?

I think the new advert is ok...but I would consider it a little bit misleading if I were a parent of a 5-8 year old. It depicts young children at the beginning however there are only a handful of rides this market can go on at THORPE, all depending on the child's height obviously.

I'm surprised they're not branding the park as a resort yet. I figured they'd jump on the chance as soon as they could.

I suppose they probably just don't have enough hotel rooms to be advertising the crash pad on TV nationally...

They advertised Crash Pad on TV in the start of the year Advert with The Swarm, I know it's right at the end but it's there :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8aoHCcnzBI

Just heard the new summer radio advert. It's nice to hear something upbeat and summery about Thorpe other than that guy telling us all about the intense thrills they have with The Swarm. They also say 'for a great family day out.' I'm glad to see them widening there audience. A promo has also been set up alongside the advert; http://www.thorpepark.com/radio/

As for the TV ad, I love the new approach. The way they portray the park is great showing people enjoying the rides, not how fast, twisty, high they are. It's just a good bit fun in using peoples screams of enjoyment to make the background music. Especially love the use of a wide range of ages, including a child who I'd guess is just above 1.4 metres on Stealth. Just shows that whilst 1.4 metre rides are usually thrill rides, you don't need to be a teen to enjoy them (the average age for 1.4 is 10/11). I look forward to seeing how this new marketing approach grows and hopefully brings back the wider demographic.

Just using Tidal Wave in the advert would make me want to go in this weather :P

To be fair, they've always had the Merlin Magic Wand thingy in regards to being charitable...

Really going to town with the family stuff atm though, don't think we'll see much change though until 2015 in regards to how the attendances variate, as with Thorpe, it has a really big reputation in regards to becoming the whole 'thrill capital' and not particularly the nicest park to have a day out with your family... Hence they have to fight against that reputation first before they can actually reap the benefits...

That will be the biggest hurdle in all of this...

• 1 month later...