Doctor Who

Ryan

The next series of Doctor Who will be split into two chunks, with one part due to air next spring, and the other to follow on in the autumn.This reportedly came about as a result of writer Steven Moffat's desire to write an entire new story arc for the Doctor, which will conclude with a potentially huge cliffhanging plot development at the end of the spring. We can, therefore, expect seven episodes in the first half of 2011, and a further six towards the end of the year.

What do you think the big story arc could be? :blink:

What do you think the big story arc could be? :blink:

There'll be more than one I reckon- we've still got the whole "silence will fall" arc to complete, along with what actually caused the Tardis to explode in the first place.Big rumours that a major character will be killed off, though I dunno, seeing as we had both Rory and Amy die in the last series (and Amy come back to life).I love Doctor Who, though I'd be lying if I said I didn't have difficulty getting into the new series. Matt Smith is awesome, something didn't quite click with Karen for me, though some of her performances were awesome; I love Karen Gillan in real life though- us ginge's have gotta stick together you see :(Series 5 lacked something for me, even though it had some absolutely fantastic episodes. I suppose I feel like it lost a bit of heart and soul from it. Still absolutely in love with Murray Gold's music though. :(

Doctor Who fans will be able to use a Sonic Screwdriver for real on Wii and DS this October.Yes, BBC Worldwide has got together with Blue Ocean to produce a special Sonic Screwdriver Wii Remote based on the Doctor's device. There will also be a DS stylus modelled on the screwdriver while accessory packs will feature official artwork of the Doctor and Amy Pond. The accessories will launch in October.As for the games, Doctor Who: Return To Earth will be released for Wii this Winter along with Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth for DS.Current Doctor Matt Smith will lend his likeness to the game, as will his sidekick Amy Pond, played by Karen Gillan. The two will take part in brand new storylines created by the Doctor Who production team.

• 2 months later...

who do we think river song is?

I belive we will find out in the first episode of the next series which will be a two part storyalso the next series will be split into two parts with episode seven and eight being a two part story but there will be a breackat episode seven for the summer then it will return in september, my opinion on the elventh doctor is he is good but I dont thinkhe will be as good as David Tennant but he was always going to be a though act to follow

• 3 months later...

New Doctor Who concept trailers appeared earlier tonight on BBC1- 4 at the same time. What's interesting is that there were two slightly different versions of the trailer that aired. The BBC randomised which regions and channels received which version. On one version, there was an alien behind the Doctor!Here are the two teasers that aired. The second one shows the alien!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGivQ6eVfsQ

I don't usually get spooked by Doctor Who but this teaser has actually freaked me a little. I think this was an absolutely genius thing to do and will spark a lot of interest amongst fansites. I think these are The Silence/ Silents who we'll meet during the two parter.I'm so incredibly excited. I think this series is going to be fantastic and will hopefully make people appreciate series 5 more, as there were quite a few loose ends at the end of last series, waiting to be tied.I also find it interesting that there are astronauts and the whole silence situation. I can't help but feel there will be a tie in with the Silence in the Library two parter as part of River Song's series story arch.Don't look behind you! ;)

I'm so incredibly excited. I think this series is going to be fantastic and will hopefully make people appreciate series 5 more, as there were quite a few loose ends at the end of last series, waiting to be tied.

Yes when will Amy Pond die and when will Rory get a personality ;)

I also find it interesting that there are astronauts and the whole silence situation. I can't help but feel there will be a tie in with the Silence in the Library two parter as part of River Song's series story arch.Don't look behind you! :P

Never know, might link into The Ambassadors of Death as well.

Another update for you. A prequel (I'd call it a prologue but pfftt) to the first story of the new series aired yesterday. It's brilliant, creepy and has made me feel as though I need to keep looking behind me. Brilliant ambient music too. Moff reusing some ideas here, but it works so effectively!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzglkLEJFI&feature=related

Also, just noticed, the second episode is called Day of the Moon. Could this also be another link with the Library two parter? Dr Moon, Silence in the Library, astronauts, River Song. Moff does love his word play.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm devastated by this news. It's not secret that I'm a huge fan of the classic series and to lose not just Nicholas Courtney two months ago, but to lose the Doctor's most celebrated and best loved companions is a real horror. When looking at Elisabeth Sladen, she was a beautiful, graceful, intelligent women and its ahrd to believe someone so full of spirit and kindness could be taken so young. Ones thing for sure, she will always be remembered for the rest of time for playing Sarah Jane Smith.On Saturday I got her last commentary on a Doctor Who serial in Planet of the Spiders. I do urge anyone who is a fan of Elisabeth Sladen to buy the story as it shows her best performance in Doctor Who. It's seems doubly galling to know that the commentary on this story features three people who are now no longer with us.