Doctor Who

Ryan

Not me. I only started watching since The Bells of Saint John. :P Catching up in my spare time though!

You what?!

I'm so happy with Capaldi as the twelth Doctor. I've no doubt that he can turn rubbish writing into something genius. He's that kind of actor as whatever I've seen him in, he's class. For those saying he's not Matt Smith, thats the point of Doctor Who.

Peter Capaldi is a great actor but even he can't save bad writing.

Indeed. I hope they take this opportunity to take the whole show in a new direction. I've really enjoyed watching Matt Smith as the Doctor, but have been mostly bored by everything else going on and what they have done with him.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There are various reasons. Whilst it made a lot of money, a lot of that is BBC Worldwide and not the BBC itself. BBC Worldwide is the commercial arm and some profit it makes goes back into the Beeb but a lot is retained by Worldwide. You then get people who don't like Doctor Who asking why THEIR license fee is going on a programme they don't like ignoring the wealth of programming they get for a very small £145 a year.

Throw in the license fee freeze forced upon them by the Tories and suddenly more episodes of what is a very expensive show to produce is less likely.

Shame, because as it stands, Day of the Doctor is the most successful single episode in the history of the programme and whilst it lacked in any real peril throughout, I really enjoyed it and thought it layer the foundations for what will hopefully be a fantastic Capaldi era. :)

• 1 month later...

Hmm, there's no individuality about it. Each Doctor is supposed to have their own quirky thing (stick of celery, bow tie, leather jacket etc) but here it's just a standard everyday suit.

I've never seen anyone ever wear something like that.. ever. Well maybe the Third Doctor. ^_^

• 9 months later...

Loving Doctor Who is something you should never hate to admit ;)

I don't remember any spiders in episode 2 XD There are some in episode 7 if I remember rightly so perhaps steer clear of that one or read a summary instead or something (It's not that good of an episode anyway)

Loved the finale of this one and that Xmas teaser has me thoroughly hyped! :D

There's just something about every single Moffat episode recently that just makes me cringe...

The final moments of the finale are a perfect example of it all... Power of love (see also the god-awful Moon episode) and all that, indeed, there didn't seem to be much of a presence from the big bad in comparison to say the last few times they were involved during the T Davies series... As bad as some of his stuff was, at least he could provide a decent over-arching storyline intertwined in, rather than the odd random scene at the end to go "LOOK THIS CHARACTER EXISTS" before the wild Moffat twist...

Best episode was Flatline this series...

I didnt really like flatline, I much preferd into the dalek. It may have been a remake of the christoper elcelstone episode dalek but it was still good. It seemed to return more to the russle era where almost everyone dies which is far more intresting than moffats everyone lives. I often find that nothing really happens in his episodes which makes it a bit boring.

Also the worst episode without a doubt of all time was that tree episode. All the science was wrong and the story was just awful.

I didnt really like flatline, I much preferd into the dalek. It may have been a remake of the christoper elcelstone episode dalek but it was still good. It seemed to return more to the russle era where almost everyone dies which is far more intresting than moffats everyone lives. I often find that nothing really happens in his episodes which makes it a bit boring.

Also the worst episode without a doubt of all time was that tree episode. All the science was wrong and the story was just awful.

But the science in the rest of the series is right? ;)