Doctor Who

Ryan

I love Matt Smith's Doctor. What I'm going to do is try and avoid comparing him to Tennant and the other nine Doctors. Smith is his own Doctor, I love his mannerisms, the way he seems to avoid eye contact with others, his simmering anger rather then bluster. I have enjoyed this series so far although I don't think Amy Pond is that good. Karen Gillan is fine as the character, just Amy Pond doesn't seem to have a history or do anything relevant.

I have to agree that I have been pleasantly surprised by Matt Smith as the Doctor. He seems to be putting his own stamp on the part and is starting to show what he will be known for.It's good that Pond seems to consider herself on a similar level to the Doctor so she isn't just following him around, she seems to be taking an active role in the episodes.One thing I have to compliment the Doctor Who team on is the music played during the episode, I really like it and it builds up atmosphere. Having said that I hate the new theme music.

One thing I have to compliment the Doctor Who team on is the music played during the episode, I really like it and it builds up atmosphere. Having said that I hate the new theme music.

ugh, I know that bit of music you mean - its really irritating and is used like 10 times every episodeamy pond is wicked, I love her confidence and competance, unlike the other ones. catherine tate was greta though lol

I thought this weeks episode was a bit of a let down compared to the first part. Everything was just too fast and there were too many dodgy moments (like when Amy suddenly gets teleported) It just seemed they tried to pack too much into one episode. Lets hope next week will make up for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this week's episode was for me the best of the series. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's in the same league as Blink and the 'Are you my mummy?' (don't know the name :o) episodes. When the 'Dream Lord' said congratulations, I thought it was a weak ending, but then the real ending was much better! Everything worked well and it was quite a creepy story line. As I said, one of the best episodes.

Mark's choice is to stop watching Doctor Who.Frankly the stories this year just aren't enjoyable, they aren't hitting the right spot with me and frankly, Amy Pond is just annoying. Which is a shame as I loved The Eleventh Hour and The Beast Below.

Well, this week's episode was for me the best of the series. In fact, I'd go as far to say it's in the same league as Blink and the 'Are you my mummy?' (don't know the name :o) episodes. When the 'Dream Lord' said congratulations, I thought it was a weak ending, but then the real ending was much better! Everything worked well and it was quite a creepy story line. As I said, one of the best episodes.

Nope...Good idea, rather poor execution... All I kept thinking for the 'future' dream portion was a very poor zombie film for example... The start as well was rather slow and ponderous, and didn't really grab my attention...As I said though, the idea was good enough, but I feel it would've been better under a stronger writer...

To be honest, for me personally, I have found this to be the first episode of the series I've actually liked. I'm still not keen on Smith as the new doctor, he seems a bit of a Tennant impersonator to me. Next week's episode seems very much like one from a couple of series ago - where they were trapped on the ship and met the 'devil-like' creature - was that 'The Beast Below'? :o Then again, everyone has their own opinions!

Nah that was The Impossible Planet/Satan Pit.The next story is about an ancient race known as the....SiluriansSee I liked Series 4. The family and love crap was mostly gone and it was just Donna, the Doctor and the Tardis having fun in the universe. It wasn't all this bollocks about who Amy prefers and how Rory is envious of the Doctor..Which has never been done before has it... :o

• 3 weeks later...

I'd always hoped for Bill Nighy to be in an episode, but wanted him as a mjaor character...Dissappointment ;)Actual episode... Was ok... Nothing particularly special but Van Gogh was done by a good actor and shows what a decent script can do, hell you felt for him in one episode than you did Rory ;)

To be honest, I'm now just watching the series out of force of habbit. The whole series basically hangs on the finale. Moffatt has said everything in the first 11 episodes is building up to the finale, that every story has something connecting it (and more then the crack). If its a disaster I'm not sure I can really continue watching the show. Amy to me is still unlikable and the stories so far just aren't any fun. Matt Smith is awesome but I can't watch the show on the basis of a single great actor in a show that isn't really giving me enjoyment. Which is a shame as I love Doctor Who ;)

There was nothing wrong with tonight's episode really. However, I just didn't like it. Seemed a little too chessey and soppy to be an ordinary Doctor Who episode. Seemed more like a companion was leaving, not just a one-off character. Maybe that was the aim, but I didn't like the idea of it. Next week's episode looks promising.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have some crazy theory that River Song is infact Lucy Saxon. She said she killed the best man she ever knew (Could be the Master?) and that someone else taught her to fly the tardis due to the Doctor being busy. Well, he was imprisoned on the ship by The Master and was "busy". The master could of taught her how to fly the tardis. I havn't really worked out how River could have Lucy's mind, but that's one theory I have as well as The Rani and Romana ones. I bet Stephen Moffat will give us an unpredictable storyline however :)