Disneyland Paris

James6

150 eh? Well maybe they can buy a few pots of paint with that bit I doubt it'll stretch far :wub:

LOL corrected myself. 150 MILLION EUROS !I think that will certainlly bring us the rat, although the studios is such a cold park compared to it's neighbour, it does need a massive sort out.

Nice, and much needed.But these things keep giving me reasons NOT to visit places outside the UK. I'm always thinking I'll wait until the next planned thing is open - and by then the next thing is planned so I wait again.....

Huh? What's the point in that? Just go to them, and then the NEXT new ride gives you an excuse to go again in the future...That logic is just a bit... Lacking...

Huh? What's the point in that? Just go to them, and then the NEXT new ride gives you an excuse to go again in the future...That logic is just a bit... Lacking...

Well I'm not talking about places just up the road, am I? When I go to foreign parks (especially if it is just for park visits, not just an add on to a 'normal' holiday) it is fairly costly in time and money and a bit of a one off, so I want to time it perfectly to get the most out of it. The chances off me going again any time in the near future is slim to none (we can't all be students, eh! :ninja:)It's flawed logic, but is very logical to not want to visit just before the next big thing opens.

I do exactly the same regarding solely park (and culture, I'm not THAT much of a goon) trips...Granted my Italy trip was chosen to coincide with Rainbow Magicland and Raptor's opening, but due to date issues we missed out on Movieland Studios... That to me, rather than forcing to cancel the trip, gives me incentive to go back (same for DiVertical and the constant nagging in my ear regarding it as well)...Of course that won't happen for a while, but missing out on new rides is a way of life sometimes, I had 3 years in a row where my park trips each had a park building a new ride (coincidently all launched coasters as well)... Either way, if Europa announced their 2013 ride between now and me booking the trip, I wouldn't hold it off at all, because I want to go this year a damn lot due to Blue Fire and Woooooodan... But it's all personal preference and since I have a lot of free time I intend to make the most of it :ninja:

I had 3 years in a row where my park trips each had a park building a new ride (coincidently all launched coasters as well)... .. because I want to go this year a damn lot due to Blue Fire and Woooooodan...... But it's all personal preference and since I have a lot of free time I intend to make the most of it :ninja:

That's where my delay issues stem from - a visit to Port Adventura just before Baco opened, I was pissed off with myself for ages after that one. And if it's amazing enough I will go, I will be riding Woooodan this year even if I have to walk there. But it will be hard, sadly those student days don't last forever!Be interesting to see what DLP do with this money, and if it will be something special enough to get me spending, ie, not another Toy Story Playground or whatever they call it, but something with la magie.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Warning over-hyping etc. I'll keep this as brief as possible for now as I've only just got back, full blog will inevitable come soon...

Having never watched a video of Dreams nor never even watched a Disney show in my life, nor really being aware of what it was about, I can't even put into words how much of an utterly breath-taking, awe-inspiring, mind-blowing experience it was, watching it live for the first time. I proceeded to watch it four nights in a row, even if that meant staying behind by myself. It was so perfectly put together and executed I just stood there completely lost for words every time. Regardless of what else happens, events like this are what really makes a theme park experience special. You really felt that you were a part of something incredible. I've always thought now that I was older that my first Disney wouldn't have as much of an impact as it would if I was younger, and that as an enthusiast I couldn't get so caught up in things like atmosphere and 'magic' anymore, that it was lost for good in the process of growing up and learning about 'reality'. Then along came Dreams... I'd finally found that magic that makes theme parks and Disney in particular so special.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, this development looks amazing, and given Disney's track record so far with the trackless dark rides (probably some sort of pun in there...) it will undoubtedly be impressive. However, I can't help feeling this is a case of putting all the eggs in one basket, when what the park needs is more stuff to do. The point of redeveloping WDS, from the management point of view, would be to make DPR a 2 day destination. At the moment, anyone with a working knowledge of the Disney Magic Kingdom style parks could easily have a good stab at both parks in one day without missing too much. What WDS needs, therefore, is more attractions. Unlike DCA, from what I can tell, there's nothing really wrong with anything already there, there just isn't that much of it. One extra ride, no matter how good it is, is not going to change this. I can't wait to ride the Ratatouille dark ride, but for the park I can't help feeling it would have made more sense to have cloned a few rides from around the world (that most Europeans are unlikely to have ridden) and start increasing the hours needed to 'do;' WDS,

I'd disagree. For the amount of space Euro Disney had, they really goofed up the layout of the studios park. There are so many awkward issues and low throughput rides coupled with completely clashing themes.

Hence how we ended up with the best ride at the park right in front of the entrance area, yet it completely gets ignored at opening because of Crush's Coaster...

Such poor planning... Maybe they did Zufari as well?

• 2 months later...

hopefully booking up tomorrow to go 4th december with two days in the park (5th & 6th) staying in the Santa Fe hotel for 3 nights... just wondered if there was anything anyone would say to put me off going, considering I have never been, but have been to florida back in 2005 when I was 11!

or the fact that I should be booking it anyway, what I could expect busyness wise and any tips etc.