Disneyland Paris

James6

I have no idea how busy it gets in the run up to Christmas, I'd have thought that early in December would be fairly quite but really don't know.

If you can go, do it. As long as you don't expect it to be the same scale (or quality in many areas) as Florida you shouldn't be too disappointed, and there are some real gems there too that for me were actually better than their USA equivalent.

As for planning I'd make sure you look at all the options of days and hotel as you get some real anomalies and bargains sometimes, with on site multi day stays being actually cheaper than single day and 'lesser' of site accommodation. It's weird.The dining options are really worth considering too. My little trip report contains a few of the things I thought which you might find helpful, use their own detailed schedule and maintenance closure list to plan which park you hit when to do everything you want, and whatever you do plan at least one viewing of Dreams into your stay. It'd be criminal to miss it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is the weirdest of referbs. The amount they seem to be spending on it must be huge, when the ride itself is pretty crap. I'd understand if when they finished they had a less crap ride but it sounds like it'll be the same only rockier.

Rumours abound that they are actually moving the ride slightly to open up an expansion of the area, hopefully for a Forbidden Eye clone. That would be amazing.

If only we would get a Forbidden Eye (or preferably, Crystal Kingdom at DisneySea) clone, but only if it's longer, I felt that it was just ridiculously short...

If only Paris would get Soarin... Or World of Colour... Or a Little Mermaid ride... Or any of the rides planned but never coming to fruition... Silly Paris...

In other news, Space Mountain Mission 2 is getting some love in the form of new trains with the new restraints Vekoma has introduced! Clearly Disney heard the cries of pain from many of their guests due to the head bashing against the existing restraints so they are trying to rectify this.

You can see the new trains, waiting in the wings awaiting their debut here. They look a little plain but hopefully Imagineers will get their hands on them and add some detailing. Space Mountain isn't due a period of maintenance until later this year apparently so they have a little time to work on them, also means it'll be a while yet until we see them in use.

What do you guys think?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't really need any more than a couple of days to visit Paris if you go the right time.

I went in november, hotel worked out at something ridiculous like £20 per person (on site) and the park was completely dead with everything but mad hatters open.

2/3 days is probably best, especially if you wanna go all the rides and all the shows... Can do a day at each park at a chilled pace and then use the 3rd day for re-rides...

Stay at whatever hotel suits your needs, they're all equal really aside from the distance to the parks, but a 20 minute walk from Santa Fe is still fine... Plus with Extra Magic Hours you can whore out Fantasyland completely...