Disneyland Paris

James6

Did check for another topic on DLRP but couldn't find one, if it was just me being an idiot, sorry :)Basically I visited Disneyland Paris (or Euro Disney as it was then) twice when I was younger, and I'm visiting this summer and would love to know any tips/ or what has changed. Or even just to discuss opinions on rides and attractions.The most obvious change I can see is that there is now a second park. Also I am staying on-site at Santa Fe (any reviews on this particular hotel?) , I have read that hotel guests can get into the park 2 hours before park opening, does anyone know what rides open/ usually open at this time, and also I read a while ago that hotel guests get extra time after the park closed as well, does this still happen :) ?Any tips appreciated, but even just to discuss the attractions available/ the resort itself. I personally am looking at it through 2 eyes, going back and comparing it to what it was like all those years ago and riding the ones I could when I was young. But also experiencing anything I was too short for, the most obvious ones that come to mind are Space Mountain and Indiana Jones. Thanks :angry: and look forward to what people think of the place I remember as a real life "dream" throughout my younger years, in fact Big Thunder Mountain is the ride that started my theme park/ride loving off, along with the Dragon at Legoland.

In my opinion a lot of the Paris versions of Disney classic rides are alot better such as Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Rock 'N' Rollercoaster. Random tips off the top of my head are:1. Brace yourself on Space Mountain; while the effects on the ride are amazing, the ride has become very, very rough.2. I haven't been since it opened but Crush's Coaster is supposed to get pretty nasty queues and has no fastpass option due to low throughput (imagine Spinball at a Disney park) so get there at opening.3. Armagedon is a pretty poor attraction due to how long it takes to decide the show's language and it feels pretty underwhelming.4. On quite a few rides with pre-shows and dialogue onride, you can request the English version instead of French and the Cast Member may change it depending on which languages the other guests peak. I know this can be done on The Tower Of Terror.5. The front row of Big Thunder really sucks due the view being obscured by the front of the train. The back row is much, much better.6. From a site I just checked, the ERT is pretty limited: it is only on selected dates and the only rides garanteed to open which pull big lines are Dumbo, Peter Pan and Space Mountain. It does give the impression though that other rides in Discoveryland and Fantasyland open. When ERT does it happen, it is always 8am to 10am and never after park closing due to very low numbers when after closing ERT was run I think.

I adore Disneyland Paris, ahhh. I have been there twice, the last visit was last year so I know of most of the latest attractions.Shall I just give you a quick overview of both parks...Magic Kingdom:Must not miss: Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain 2 (updated since you visited most probably), Indiana Jones (a bumpy but thrilling ride), Pirates of the Caribbean and Phantom ManorNewer attractions include the Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast and also this year they are replacing Honey I Shrunk The Audience (which was a great attraction, sad to see it go)Studios:Must not miss: Tower of Terror (just amazing), Crush's coaster (be careful of the queues, they get really bad in peak times), Animagique, Cinemagique, Studio Tram Tour and Rock N Roller coaster... oh and I forgot the Cars show (this must not be missed!)A lot of these things are new so you will most probably not remember most of them but they are all worth a ride. Also dont miss the parades at both the parks.Of course as you probably know with all Disney parks they run a great fastrack service, which is best to get at the beginning of the day, you can only hold tickets to one ride at a time so its best to get these for the busiest rides (Space mountain/big thunder mountain/ Rock n roller coaster) My best advice is to head to something big first like big thunder mountain quite early on before the queues really build up. I hope that helps :D PM me if you have an questions.

That's great thanks :DFinding out a ton, basically I am going to try and do everything. Some rides will be fantastic because I had ridden them when I was young and then re-riding them now, and also experiencing all the new ones!Big Thunder Mountain and Casey Jr. were my favourite's as a kid so they are MUST rides :D Crush is also one I have to experience and therefore am planning on going there for the Extra Magic Hours which you get because of staying at the hotels. Ahh, very very excited :D

Extra Magic Hours ONLY is at the Magic Kingdom park and includes Discoveryland and Fantasyland... That is it... So no Crush...Therefore, you MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST! get to the Studios at latest 9:30 (when the park opens) and head straight to Crush... Otherwise you will experience a 90 minute queue at least... Santa Fe is typical cheap hotel fare tbh... That's about it for really useful tips... Big Thunder Mountain also gets 90 minute queue very regularly so either do that when it first opens OR get fastpass OR just endure the queue ensuring you stand in the left-side of the queue split...Also make time for Cinemagique, Animagique and Stitch Live... Each of them are very good entertaining shows...You might be lucky that Honey I shrunk the Audience will be gone... God that thing is so bloody awful...

• 3 weeks later...

Crush's coasters queues can get ridiculous, they got up to about 60 minutes and we went in the school time. Plus it has a really good habit of breaking down, it broke down twice while we were queuing. Plus the cars get stuck in the station and have to be pushed! So yes... a reliable ride!

I think everyone has summed up most things. I'd recommend getting the fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain though, if it's a hot day that queueline is not where you want to be for over an hour (talking from experience here). The Studios park is mainly shows but every one of them is worth a watch (if you have time), Cinemagique topping the list.May I ask what month you are going? If you are going late August you can experience the new Toy Story Playland (3 flat rides) in the Studios.As mentioned before about Honey I shrunk the audience being replaced, 12th June is when Captian EO is opening. It's a film made in the late 80s/early 90s that stars Michael Jackson in a Sci-Fi directed by Francis Ford Coppola (Godfather trilogy) and produced by George Lucas (Dude behind Star Wars).Food wise there is something for every budget. If you want a big meal for about 18 euros then I recommend the buffet services, absolutely lovely food and it's unlimited. My fav buffet place is in Adventureland, just by the entrance of the area, Agrabah cafe. Another great one is Plaza Gardens which is at the top of Main Street and on the right.For cheaper fast food within the parks I suggest you DO NOT go to Pizza Planet (bad food apparently) and the Hyperion (gets too busy) in Discoveryland. However most of the other fast food places are nice and are great for the amount they cost. If you want to go all out money wise then check out Walts on Main Street, very fancy but very tasty.The food in the Disney Village is great. Annette's Diner is my fav and sits opposite Planet Hollywood. The Rainforest cafe is another one I would recommend, great atmosphere in there. Also note that they have a McDonalds and a Starbucks in the Village.For more information on everything then check out www.dlrpmagic.com

• 2 weeks later...

Fantillusion is back soon! Can't wait!! ;) I will second every single person about getting to Crush's Coaster ASAP. The queues are often external , everytime I've seen them!With food being a topic, if you wanted to dine "with" some characters, The Lucky Nugget in Frontierland is a great place, nice atmosphere with the band too - not sure about pricing I'm afraid! Also, Cafe Mickey in Village is also rather popular too, and it's open till late. There's a few others too sometimes ;)

I went a few weeks ago, so here are my tips.1.if you stay in a hotel you get to go into the disney park 2 hour early, make use of this on space mountin and buzz light year space ranger spin.2. after buzz light year pick up a thunder mountin fast pass then head to indiana jones. then let the rest of the day follow3.you only need a day in the studios if you plan right, get on rock n roll coaster and amergeddon first, then watch the stunt show and leave crushes coaster till the last 10 mins of the day as it queues reach 1 hour even on quiet days.4. the only rides to avoid are the flying carpets and cars rally.5. eat at the blue lagoon atleast once!6.watch the bufflo bills wild west show, very funny.

Commonly the biggest mistake everyone I know seems to make at Disneyland Paris: Do not underestimate Big Thunder Mountain! It may not be much at a distant glance, but it truly is one of the best attractions in the park for me. Okay, so here's my list of rides that cannot be missed. (It's a list based on the fact that I am a sucker for great theming as well, not only huge coasters)1. Space Mountain2. Big Thunder Mountain3. Pirate's Of The Caribbean4. Indiana Jones5. Peter Pan's Flight6. Phantom ManorFair enough if you've got time, but if you're pushing it I wouldn't bother with the Buzz Lightyear shooter, a complete waste of time really. Nothing on Tomb Blaster if you ask me.

• 3 months later...

French theme-park operator Euro Disney SCA has received permission from the French government to enlarge its operations, adding a third theme park, a new housing development and a vacation village.The company, which is 47% owned by Walt Disney Co., on Tuesday said it will sign an amendment to its 1987 founding agreement with French authorities enabling it to extend its perimeter and operations. Euro Disney, which has struggled financially, said it will be allowed to increase the perimeter of the operations to 2,230 hectares, or slightly more than 5,508 acres, from 1,943 hectares, or about 4,800 acres.In addition to paving the way for the third theme park, the amendment to the original agreement allows Euro Disney to invest in new housing developments in the Val d'Europe region, in the Paris suburbs, and develop a new vacation village project, Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe. The theme of the project would be a sustainable development and it would be carried out in partnership with real estate group Pierre & Vacances, Euro Disney said.Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe, which will be launched depending on market conditions, would be developed in phases up to approximately 500 hectares within a 20-year time frame, the group said.By 2030, projects within the new perimeter could generate an approximate investment of €8 billion ($10.3 billion) by various tourist and urban developers, including €1.8 billion for Les Villages Nature de Val d'Europe, it said.No further financial details were disclosed.In August, Euro Disney reported that third-quarter revenue rose 21%, due to proceeds from a real estate disposal and improved tourism but a heavy debt load has left it with a steady stream of losses.

Massive news! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

What would you say is wrong with the two parks at the moment then? I think they are pretty much perfect, obviously I don't know all the little details...

Whilst I relatively love the Magic Kingdom park, it could do with a few extra attractions here and there (not much, but 2/3 more would be awesome, namely a flume, rapids and EMV)...The Studios on the other hand, are TERRIBLE, awful layout, very few quality rides, very low capacity park, and even with Tower, RnR and Crush (cannot state on TSP), being good rides, it doesn't hide that the park needs more high throughput quality throughout...By far, the worst Disney park ever...On the subject on a third park, if they made it into DisneySEA, all would be well...