Disneyland Paris

James6

Autopia has been rumoured to go for years, it'll be no surprise when it does either...

They could have it as a sub zone, however I prefer the idea of it taking over the 4D cinema area and Pizza Planet, as it would keep it mainly indoors and not detract too much from the area...

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKINGDisney wants to buy out Euro Disney

Disneyland Paris
Getty Images

Disney has said it intends to purchase all the remaining shares in Euro Disney and recapitalise the firm with up to 1.5bn euros (£1.3bn) to fund improvements to Disneyland Paris, reduce debt and increase liquidity.

Disney already owns 76.7% of Euro Disney.

Seems Disney want to take full ownership of Disneyland Paris, could be good for the state of the park in the long term.

Potentially good news! Disneyland Paris has been comparatively behind the other resorts whrn it compares to progressions. It's also the only resort without a major expansion plan in the present too. 

TBH prices are always going up at the resorts. Recently WDW rose prices for their parks, Magic Kingdom is now $115 in moderate season and $124 in peak. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no doctor but surely it was probably caused by an underlying issue triggered by the ride, in which case disney are in no way responsible and refusing the 30k will probably backfire when the medical exam proves it? :blink:

I mean unless it's happened to any of the other millions of riders :P It seems odd that they even paid out

It is probably an underlying issue triggered by the ride, and even more obvious that she's just after the money from a big company when you reject 30k settlement... Disney like most parks and companies do a standard payout to prevent further court action and general faff (oh the stories these lawyers could tell)...

Like, I'm not sure how they could 100% prove that the ride fully affected the biology of the brain without any pre-present problems... Sure Space Mountain is rough, but it's never been THAT rough?

• 1 month later...

According to Loopings over 20 billion euros over the next decade which will be invested in renovations and new attractions including some new Marvel attractions in the Studios park including Marvel rethemes of Rock N Rollercoaster and Armageddon.

Phantom Manor is also due for a major refurbishment where scenes are expected to be updated with new effects.

Also in other sad news, Cinemagique closed for good recently and isn't expected to be replaced until 2018.

Think some of the Imagineers are aiming to do something to Studios like they did to California Adventure, which can only be a good thing...

Tony Baxter wants the Vincent Price narration back on Phantom Manor too, that'd be AMAZING... Hopefully they'd also do a bit of tarting up of those (ironically) dead areas in between some of the scenes...

On 01/04/2017 at 9:12 PM, Matt Creek said:

According to Loopings over 20 billion euros over the next decade which will be invested in renovations and new attractions including some new Marvel attractions in the Studios park including Marvel rethemes of Rock N Rollercoaster and Armageddon.

Phantom Manor is also due for a major refurbishment where scenes are expected to be updated with new effects.

Where are the official sources for these? Phantom Manor's scheduled for an extensive refurb later this year I believe, though I don't think any details have been disclosed, and the last I checked the Marvel news for Studios didn't detail any specific rethemes.

1 hour ago, OlivusPrime said:

Where are the official sources for these? Phantom Manor's scheduled for an extensive refurb later this year I believe, though I don't think any details have been disclosed, and the last I checked the Marvel news for Studios didn't detail any specific rethemes.

Loopings drizzled in French mustard. 

It's 2.1 billion - http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/7326/Nieuwe-attracties-in-Disneyland-Paris-investering-van-2-miljard-euro.html

Which is still obscene really.  Spending on average €210 million (approx £180m) a year for 10 years is mad.  

To put that into some form of perspective, Merlin have probably invested somewhere between the £200-£300m on attractions in ALL their theme parks and Legoland parks in the past decade (not including new park openings and hotels).  And even if you did include hotels and new investments, it can't be anywhere near the £1.8 billion Disney are planning on investing in one park...

• 1 month later...

Fast pass is your friend.

Is it worth getting an AP? If so get one, since Magic Hours and discounts are fab.

Space Mountain has a SRQ.

WDS dies in the last two hours of opening, like 0-5 Mon queues dead. Best time to whore the rides there.

FastPass is applicable because it's FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It also helps plan the day out a fair amount a bit better as it does work well...

Especially on Big Thunder Mountain, that queue is an utter burden...

Only two rides you'll REALLY struggle not to have to queue for are Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille in the lack of SRQ use side of things...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/06/2017 at 2:55 AM, Merry-go-girl said:

Did I just dream it or did Small World previously have a section you walked around that featured a miniature city with lights and voices?

I don't remember there being one on It's A Small World in Paris, but I think there might be something similar to that in another version of the attraction.