Disneyland Paris

James6

I'm interested to see what happens with Space Mountain. Mission 1 to 2 was done in 3 months and the rumours flying around for years now have suggested everything from no noticeable changes to completely new trains, story or even reverting back to Mission 1. New trains were hinted at for Mission 2 in 2005 and pretty much ever since so I'm not holding my breath.

Everyone who hasn't already watched this should do so.

Weren't there even photos knocking about of the supposed new trains in storage a year or so ago? Will be interesting to see how this changes, overall I was quite underwhelmed by mission II, there's obviously close to unlimited potential with an indoor ride that size.

Must admit, I've heard mixed-positive things at Space Mountain at DLP, but hopefully the upgrade will make it a fantastic experience. Whilst I'll miss out on the ride when I visit in April, it's something I'm looking forward to on a return trip.

Speaking on upgrades, I think until 2027, there will be at least one major ride at a time as I've heard the following attractions are confirmed for major refurbishment and closures.

Space Mountain (happening now) Jan 2015- July 2015

Adventure Isle September 2015- April 2016

Small World July 2015- December 2015

Thunder Mountain December 2015- January 2017

There's even talks of phantom manor & Star Tours getting upgrades, but not sure what's happening there.

I expect the studios marvel retheme wont happen until 2018 at a guess.

Must admit, I've heard mixed-positive things at Space Mountain at DLP, but hopefully the upgrade will make it a fantastic experience. Whilst I'll miss out on the ride when I visit in April, it's something I'm looking forward to on a return trip.

Speaking on upgrades, I think until 2027, there will be at least one major ride at a time as I've heard the following attractions are confirmed for major refurbishment and closures.

Space Mountain (happening now) Jan 2015- July 2015

Adventure Isle September 2015- April 2016

Small World July 2015- December 2015

Thunder Mountain December 2015- January 2017

There's even talks of phantom manor & Star Tours getting upgrades, but not sure what's happening there.

I expect the studios marvel retheme wont happen until 2018 at a guess.

The dates of refurbs haven't been confirmed, not even Space's re-opening month. BTM would more likely either close around September/October this year or January next year. But again, speculation... 

I would guess they'll close BTM after Halloween, just so it's not closed on a potentially packed weekend...

Star Tours getting the upgrade to Star Tours 2 would be great, as much as I love the original, it does look extremely dated... Plus the post show room is utter garbage now... Combine that with a mini-land replacing Captain EO and it'd be a fantastic little project, wouldn't be surprised if it did go through for the 25th anniversary as rumour suggests, as one would guess it could come under a new attraction budget rather than a refurb...

Phantom Manor could also do with a good once over, though it's certainly not as high up the priority list as other rides should be...

There's even talk of Peter Pan getting a refurb too with an interactive queue and general update... But the park itself needs some new attractions too, it has the space for them, yet nothing is added... Get me a Chiapas style Log Flume themed to Indy dammit!

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an incident at Sequoia Lodge, I'd seen people who were there tweeting about being evacuated and armed police but didn't know this was the reason, its a good job it was just a FALSE alarm as DLRP is a big western institution and is probably quite a valuable target to attack, clearly they weren't taking chances:

"Disney's Sequoia Lodge

■On January 10, 2015, a woman alleged opened a window and shouted that she was Hayat Boumeddiene, who is wanted in connection with the Charlie Hebdo shooting that took place just three days earlier.[7] The hotel guests were told to stay in their rooms, while other parts of the resort were evacuated and armed police called in. The woman issued a threat, however it turned out to be a false alarm. She was taken into custody, and the resort resumed normal operations."

(http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disneyland_Paris)

• 1 month later...

11088398_10152883306493473_5784424754962

Source DLRP fans

Looks like Disneyland Paris annual passes will be going up next month (and in time for my visit )

I'm sure they'll still be worth the money though for everything there, plus it's not like they're doing budget cuts or jumping it well above inflation (glares at a certain number of Merlin parks).

• 1 month later...

Wow, that's a hefty amount of refurbs coming up especially in 2016 when at least two major rides & a supporting attraction plus more will be closed (Peaj won't be happy about Animagicue).

I probably won't visit the park in 2016 (and won't renew my pass until 2017) as no BTM and others is too greater loss plus I have some pretty big plans with other parks too.

Need to update the screens though to be 3D, plus the projectors and whatever other upgrades/updates they need to do to the existing stock...

Plus I think someone mentioned in the realms of the internet that they were aiming for it to be automated, meaning they could remove the need for a cast member to dispatch it... Not sure if that's true or not mind...