Brighton Pier

holtjammy16

It's expensive! I remember years ago when it wasn't so expensive and you could buy loads of tokens! Turbo was my first upside down coaster too! The first drop always gets me :o No force? I dunno, maybe not G's but it's bloody painful and rough! Haven't been on it in years, just can't be bothered as it's not much and it's painful.Crazy Mouse is always a good laugh :oWaltzer can be brilliant with a good spin...better than Storm In A Teacup! Much better sensation. I remember the first time I got an intense ride on it, I was with my Dad and brother, we couldn't believe it! Haha!Twist used to feel intense (I was even scared to go on it once!) but now it's just meh.Booster...rip off. And not intense. And it's Fabbri :o If you want a good Booster ride, go on a KMG one at a fun fair. Trust me!!Super Booster is also pretty expensive but the rush you get is worth it! And the feeling in your stomach is more intense than Detonator!!! Well that's what I found anyway. And the way you feel so exposed and hanging over the sea...!!I like

Ahhhh the Brighton Pier :oYou used to be able to get Unlimited Rides and Attractions for £20 which was only really known by people from Brighton.However, this has now gone and it has became that you can go on any 10 Attractions for £20 which is very good for Brighton Pier!Also, every now-and-again, they do have some evening deals where you can get on 10 rides for £10. (Very rare though :o)Ahhh drunken times on those rides! :o

It was a lot better when you could get the wristbands, it made the rides worth the money, But the rides are way too expensive on their own, even 25 tokens for £20 or whatever the offer is at the moment is too expensive. I think that super booster is by far the best ride on the pier :o

I remember when it was only like £1.50 for a main rollercoaster there like the Turbo! ;)The money you spend on the pier - you can easily travel up to CWoA or TP!I suppose as long as the tourists pay the fee, they will remain at that price :o

It's got to be fairly pricey for them to keep it open on the pier.And £1.50 is still quite alot, like you said it all adds up and you can easily get a day at a Much Safer Theme Park.

I love Brighton Pier, I didnt go on many of the rides as they wernt open, I went very early in the year, I got on the Crazy Mouse, which was funny my brother was like when it is going to start spi*spinns* *spinns* *spinns* :). And I went on Horror Hotel, it was actually quite frightening with many jumpy moments, things touching you and one creepy zombie who spits at you. Even though I didnt go on that many rides, I dont think you can make a day, of just the rides, so do what I did and go into the sealife centre aswell, that is very fun, it has a mirror maze and a undersea adventure thing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Super Booster has been sold! :o:wub: Originally heard it was going within then next few months.by the summer, but today I heard it's going within 2 weeks! It's costing the pier a lot to maintain, it's having a lot of problems. Rumours at the moment are that it will be replaced with a simulator and a Move-It :oEven though they have good reasons for removing it, it will be a shame. It really is the most intense ride there, and a very unique ride, the only one in the UK! Glad I got to ride it today, the feeling in your stomach is just...argh! :o

• 3 weeks later...

Super Booster was taken down today :D As I said before it's due to maintenance issues. It kept getting stuck; either at the top, where it wouldn't release so they had to slower lower it back down then test it, or it would get stuck halfway up. It happened a hell of a lot, like several times a day.One senior member of staff who was talking about it reckons it's the "sea air" which is causing it to rust, which I guess in turn damages the ride and causes it to suffer with these problems.Apprently it has been sold to M&D's so could be travelling around the UK :)I know it's only a ride and its only Brighton Pier (although now I work there I guess I'm becoming more "attatched" to the rides :D ) but it was so unique, the ONLY ride of its kind in the UK, intense (made even more so by the fact the seats are basically stand-up-floorles!) and such a great spectator ride. The moment people were on it a crowd would gather to watch. And you always knew when it had just dropped because you could feel this wobble wherever you were on the pier :P Being right next to it in the staff room was insane!For those of you who never went on it, never been to Brighton and just to remember such an awesome ride, here are some videos:Off ride

On ride

The guy in this one is hilarious, love his "Oooeer!" noise at 0:44 LOL!On ride at night

Also love the way the wind blasts your face and rushes through your ears when you do that first drop, and the speed, gah! The noise on the POVs is great!Such an awesome ride! Really going to miss it, I hope I get to ride it again in the future somewhere! It is the second most scariest/intense ride I have ever done after the Sky Coaster at Blackpool. Even though the most intense part is the first drop, the rest is still fun and nothing could ever get you used to that drop! Makes Detty seem pathetic and a complete doddle when you compare it!(Oh and btw, this ride is not to be confused with the Mondial Capriolo :D )UPDATE: Here is the latest blog entry from Brighton Pier http://www.brightonpier.co.uk/blog/hello-simulatorSo, what I was told at my interview about a simulator is true...but nothing yet on the Move-It they also mentioned. Really hope they get one, would be a great addition to the pier (and great to operate)!

• 4 weeks later...

Haha yeah I heard it was quite painful for guys! :PNot sure what's happening with the Move-It, but the simulator is definitely coming soon, and apparently is only temporary until they get another ride. Whether or not that will still be a Move-It or not I don't know, not heard anything else :o

Simulator arrived on Monday, saw them testing it etc on Tuesday. I've been off sick and won't be back until Sunday but I assume it will be open at the weekend for Easter hols. Also the backwards cycle on Galaxia will not be returning; there is a sign in the control box saying we can't run it backwards and anyone caught doing so will face disciplinary action :P Plus I couldn't see any options/controls for a backwards cycle. I have no idea why this is, I may have to be a geek one day and ask :)

• 3 months later...

It's how many tokens are in the hopper, so that staff know they've got the right number rather than counting them, which is time consuming and pretty tricky when you get a group of people who just shove a **** load of tokens in your hand, plus there's only so many you can hold before you start dropping them.

Yeah it is expensive, most places like that are tbh! Although with the 30 tokens for £20, you are payng about 66p per token and they used to be 50p years ago, so I guess that's something. Wristbands are £50 though LOL.

• 9 months later...

I don't know if it's me, but these days Brighton Pier is slipping, and I don't mean into the sea. I went a couple of months ago, and it's lost it's true character since I last went about 6 years ago. I know it's old and keeps all ages entertained, but it's also in need of a refurb. It's a basic pier with nothing that special.

I'd like to see some investment and changes to make it more appealing, however in this recession I doubt that will happen, and if it does not on a big scale.

• 3 weeks later...