Brighton Pier

holtjammy16

Well last year they removed Super Booster and replaced it with a *rather crappy* simulator :P And that's only meant to be temporary until the new ride - so I'm guessing the main one will go there and the kiddie version elsewhere. In the school holidays/summer they would put up extra, temporary kiddie rides so I'm sure they'll find the space :P

I can't wait for the Air Race tbh, they look like great unique rides! Glad to have one coming to the UK. Brighton Pier just confirmed to me on Twitter than the Air Race will open "Sometime in June, with a precise opening date to be put up on Facebook soon."

• 1 month later...

eek double post.

The new Zamperla Air Race arrived last night and is the trailer mounted Air Race 8.2 model. Opening date unknown as of yet, though it could be any day now seeing as it's trailer mounted.

http://www.zamperla.com/en/zamperla-details-rides-air_race_8_tm

The ride will seat 16 riders with 8 plane-themed arms and weighs 38 tonnes in total. Zamperla say the height restriction is 1.2M. Looking forward to finally experiencing one of these things in the UK! It is the first Air Race for the UK.

Identical model to that of which was showcased by Zamperla at IAAPA, unsure if it is a new build or not though (it may be the IAAPA ride..?)

Was in Brighton today so unsurprisingly took a spin on it (opened on Thursday)...

Since I had rather enjoyed Tivoli's it isn't hard to assume I also enjoyed this one... I do wonder if it could be a success in a park that isn't pay per ride... Maybe a Merlin park could grab one of the 4 seater 8 arms variants in the near future...

For the longest ride cycle, go for arm AA...

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Since I live in Brighton I thought it was finally about time to go and fetch my missing credit on Turbo coaster. Oh my god, what a piece of crap! And an expensive one too at £4!!! Still, one of my easiest +1s ever, and if anything the first drop was quite shocking in its brutal nature. Also tried out the Air Race - fun ride. Nice feeling, fun and not too intense. Made me feel a little sick but not too bad. Would go on one again, though won't be spending £4 for it on the pier.

The pier in General is looking a little tired. Time they got rid of crap like Haunted Hotel (seriously, would anyone really pay £3 to go round?) and Turbo and put in another mini coaster.

It's more worth it when they do the unlimited band offer, sometimes it's even £5! (Usually £20 I think) They could replace the Turbo, it's become a lot more turbulent since they removed the lap bars and left the shoulder harness. Would like to see a small Eurofighter like Iron Shark at Galvestone Pier. Even though it would probably cost £8 to ride!

Visited the pier today and it was packed! Did air race about 6 times and Booster about 4 times. The booster seems to be having some technical issues. The floor wouldnt slide back in when the cycle was finished.

Must have cost a fortune :o? Did you have some sort of wristband.

I went down to a local fair today and went on a KMG booster which was great and was only £2.50 a go :D. Amazing local fair I must say including Wild Mouse Coaster, Body Count, Extreme, Booster, Super Bowl and more was very impressed as it was quite a cheap fair with very long cycles!

Must have cost a fortune :o? Did you have some sort of wristband.

I went down to a local fair today and went on a KMG booster which was great and was only £2.50 a go :D. Amazing local fair I must say including Wild Mouse Coaster, Body Count, Extreme, Booster, Super Bowl and more was very impressed as it was quite a cheap fair with very long cycles!

What fair is this? Sounds awesome! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Rode Air Race for the first time yesterday. Everywhere needs an Air Race. Fantastic rides. Zamperla have constructed the system perfectly from restraint system to ride motion... The sensation of slowing down upside down rapidly creates a feeling I can only describe as 'ejector hangtime.' Though I must admit it would be cool if they ever decided to make one where you can control the arm spin speed / direction yourself...

& Brighton adding a quality DiscoSmash sound system just finishes their Air Race off wonderfully. Love love love it to the point of taking 12 cycles on it on & off throughout the day. Amazing value for £15 unlimited rides wristband!