Monkey Swinger

• 5 months later...

The water jets weren't working today, so I asked the operator if they were broken and he said they aren't using them due to the cold weather. In past years they had them on regardless of the weather/time of year as it's part of the ride experience. In my opinion the water really makes the ride so much more fun and interesting.

The water jets weren't working today, so I asked the operator if they were broken and he said they aren't using them due to the cold weather. In past years they had them on regardless of the weather/time of year as it's part of the ride experience. In my opinion the water really makes the ride so much more fun and interesting.

They are normally on regardless of the weather but I suppose it is up to the operator to turn them on or not. I don't see why they wouldn't keep them always on though because if you don't want to get wet, you can go in the inside seats and you don't get wet.

They are normally on regardless of the weather but I suppose it is up to the operator to turn them on or not. I don't see why they wouldn't keep them always on though because if you don't want to get wet, you can go in the inside seats and you don't get wet.

Well that's what I initially thought and 2 parts of the ground had puddles suggesting it may have been on earlier, So maybe he just made that decision himself.

I wrote somewhere in this topic... last year it was raining a bit, and a pretty chilly day, and as it was just me and my friend about to go on, the operator spoke to us and said if we wanted the water jets on or off, and we agreed to keep them off so we could sit on the outsides!

I love the idea of water jets, makes the ride so much more interesting... but maybe have the jets in tiny bursts every few seconds rather then keeping them on for a bit and then off as it literally does get you soaked, and unless it's a boiling hot day (which I've never experienced at chessington) then it's not really something you want to happen.