Fright Nights

BiHazz-ord

My Bloody Valentine had some really good theming, when you could see it.

It is just a huge shame that they often choose to hide well themed sets in pitch black darkness, as a bit of ambient lighting is much better IMO so you can actually see what you are supposed to see.  Personally, I feel very disappointed if I queue for a maze and there is nothing but darkness.

I did MBV several times over 5 separate days last year, and it ranged from fantastic to awful depending on lighting, audio and actor positioning.

Consistency is the key.

• 2 weeks later...

Premium and V.I.P pass holders can book their free tickets for the Fright Night season now: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/fright-nights-tickets-for-premium-and-vip-annual-pass-holders-tickets-12288297629

Standard and Thorpe annual pass holders can also book their £5 tickets now.

The little logo for the event has also changed from the cartoony ghost to a hand sticking out the ground with some bats around :P  https://www.thorpepark.com/events-experiences/events/fright-nights/

There will probably be an Annual Pass preview night on Friday the 10th of October too but that's purely speculation.

Yeah, they went back to 10pm openings last season.  

There was talk about some of the smaller rides closing early (other than the likes of Loggers where it has to close early because of lighting of whatnot), but I think most rides stayed open till 10pm anyways.

Double post but oh well...

I've noticed on the Eventbrite page that there's only 1000 tickets per night for Premium and VIP MAP holders.  Has there ever been a limit like that before?  Seems a bit odd to restrict the number of people with those passes that can get in.  Of course, I've no idea how many people have Premium passes, but surely there's got to be quite a lot, and many will want to be going to FN?

That does seem strange to say the least...let alone the fact that its August and most people with Annual Passes do not think about going to a theme park until about a week or two before going (if not later than that) it seems a bit of a farce if I have to schedule my trip to Thorpe Park right now...which is a shame because someone like myself has no clue where I will be in a month, when I will be free, etc. 

However my only thought is that either they really are cracking down on it, or they are just doing the bulks in stages, and further allocations will be offered. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've only ever been to TP twice, both times on my birthday in the early part of July - so totally heaving as you'd imagine! Me and my friend are going to give Fright Night a try this year and was wondering what to expect in terms of capacity on the Monday of the half-term FN week. We've no interest in the mazes for what it's worth...

I've only ever been to TP twice, both times on my birthday in the early part of July - so totally heaving as you'd imagine! Me and my friend are going to give Fright Night a try this year and was wondering what to expect in terms of capacity on the Monday of the half-term FN week. We've no interest in the mazes for what it's worth...

Monday and Tuesdays tend to be quieter, but of course, being half term, it's completely unpredictable. I find Tuesdays usually quieter because everyone has the same idea that 'Monday's are the first work day of the week and will be the quietest', meaning more go. The mazes are definitely worth doing, just do them at the beginning of the evening or before park close. If you just want to ride the rides in the dark, why not do Summer Nights?

Thanks for the reply, Summer Nights probably is the better idea I guess! I live a long way from TP so don't really keep up with things but will certainly investigate that next year.

Can't do the mazes because my mate is a bit of an irrational scaredy-cat about such things, and someone jumping out at him and going 'BOO!' would result in me having to try and stop him punching that someone in the face... :rolleyes:

I'm just wondering, were the actors allowed to touch you last year? Because I went to FN a few years ago, did one maze (can't remember which) and swore never to go in another one? I was fine with the occasional jump, but it was being manhandled I really disliked. I'm considering going this year but I want to know how touchy some of the mazes are?

I always assumed that there was a bit of a 'the actors won't touch you, so don't do the same' type policy at Thorpe also, hm.

I've never been into a maze due to reasons and I'm hoping to go in some this year (with the help of some of these lovely members dragging me in :lol: ) but I'm afraid that if an actor touched me, I'd panic and possibly retaliate- does this make mazes not such a good idea for me? (Guessing it's an obvious yes).

The touching is barely enough for someone to hit out, most of the time its a quick brush of the arm/face or a quick grab of the ankles and there is so much going on around you that actors touching you isn't the biggest thing in your mind. Experiment 10 was much worse because the actors were very rough and I was pushed around more than ever before. 

Thanks, with regards to the touching not being 'that bad' something like someone grabbing my ankles would definitely freak me out a hell of a lot- even the puffs of air in Hocus Pocus Hall make me leap about 3 feet :blush: - but hey that's the point of HPH and the FN mazes :lol: 

I'm definitely going to take pluk and James' advice and keep my hands firmly planted on the shoulders infront of me and just make a bit of a joke out of it and laugh my way through. It's nice to know that I can ask to be taken out if I desperately need to though- thanks Altitude for the heads up :D 

I don't like the thought of some random stranger touching you! Yeesh! But I am so gonna go in a fright night maze this year!

But I will so be eating my words as I wimp out in the front of a queue.

The mazes at Thorpe aren't even that good anyway! Mark my words, if you're after a DECENT experience (even if it's less intense than expected), just take a trip down the M4 and see for yourself what Chessington has to offer! :)