Cariba Creek

weeby-vuit

What do you think of Canada Creek?

Thorpe on the brain some people... :) Cariba Creek though just doesn't have enough to do in the normal British weather... If it's cold everyone's inside making Master Blaster have a silly queue, not helped by a poor system of collecting the boats for it...I like it... But it needs more...

• 1 year later...

Best times for the waterpark are probably the middle of the day when everyone else is on park...Easy to access, head into Splash Landings Hotel and down the stairs and you appear right at the entrance of it...There's essentially about 5 slides, longest queue will probs be MasterBlaster and that's about it for slides... There's the tipping bucket and lazy river and of course an outside section should the weather be good...And that's it... :rolleyes:

Although what is there is done rather well, I think the water park is a massive missed opportunity for two reasons:- It just isn't big enough and does not have enough to do. It is not worthy of being a destination in itself and not worth missing the theme park for a day to visit (especially considering the price of the hotel for a night, it's not worth adding a further day to your trip for it either). - It is (generally and in my experience) only open when the theme park is. People would pay to go in the evening if it was open but it's not, so they can't. This is dumb.Those slightly more 'mature' members like myself from the South of England might remember an amazing water park near the Dartford river crossing called Fantaseas. It had rapids rides, a launch tower of about 10 flumes, lazy river, wave pool, multiple outdoor pools and loads of other little bits. People came from miles around and it was always insanely busy (unfortunately they built it on a disused rubbish dump, burnt the rubbish away from underneath and it fell down. Idiots). It is the sort of thing that would fit so well into Alton as it is squarely aimed at the thrills and family market. Imagine a flume based on every major Alton ride, could be epic.It feels to me like it was built as an add on perk for the hotel guests to get for free (in fact I think it might have been) which they've now decided to charge for and market as a theme park in the water, which it really is not. I would love to see it really heavily redeveloped as part of the inevitable third hotel plans into some sort of cross between Centre Parcs and Fantaseas, Alton would then really be a multi day stay destination in my eyes.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

So it's January, which could only mean one thing!

ATWP annual maintenance month! And this years maintenance has come in the form of an extensive refurbishment of their changing rooms.

Last time I was in the changing rooms (2013), I wasn't impressed. It was very small, dimmed lighted and busy! I was waiting for an unoccupied cubicle for 10 minutes! So this is much welcomed, but it also appears they're adding a dash of colour down there... Leek Signs (who often do Towers' sign work) have shared these pictures on their Facebook of the major transformation of the ATWP changing rooms.

10407486_830761766966695_816036681037760

10940486_830761650300040_858062117874667

1496696_830761723633366_5295392177404172

I think they look loads better, especially with the Enchanted Village being built, the demand will be much higher.

(All images credited back to Leek Signs)

• 4 months later...

I recently had a bit of a discussion with one of my mates about Splash Water Park. The discussion went on around the idea of 'How do you add a new attraction in there without extending the building?

I just found this waterslide installed in Germany and thought, "That is exactly what Merlim could do" (I am bunged up with hayfeaver so cant think the letter N). It would make the 2 boring short slides new again, (even though they wouldnt be suitable for epaleptics.

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2015/06/amazing-led-black-hole-slide-looks-like-a-wormhole/

watertunnel-620x349.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think at the moment Cariba Creek is big enough because the average visitor spends 2-3 hours and after 2 hours usually they get bored 

If there was more, they would be less bored!

I always look at CC as a missed opportunity. What is there is mostly pretty good, but it's not enough.

• 1 month later...

I think at the moment Cariba Creek is big enougth because the average visitor spends 2-3 hours and after 2 hours usaully they get bored and go to the hot tub :rolleyes: But I do think they should get a new waterslide like master blaster but longer :wub: 

I disagree,

it isn't like cariba creek is booming with water slides or pools,

and cariba doesn't have a wave pool which is  pivotal for a waterpark. 

cariba creek is 12 years old now and is starting to feel neglected..

I love cariba creek but it is turning out to be  a waterpark version of chessington..

Agreed I dont actually think the water slides apart from masterblaster represent what a good waterpark could be, even if towers was just to install a slide tower and add a few decent flumes/ found a way if adding a wave machine it would make a big difference. Also anyone who has done centre parks white water rapids anyone ?

I think the issue with CC is that they don't really have a lot of room to expand. It already feels quite cluttered as it is. It confuses the heck out of the guests at times when queuing for the rings, making sure you have the right one for the right side.

I know the waterpark gets jet washed almost every day, however when I was there the place was a mess. The changing rooms stunk, several door locks didn't work. The hot tubs outside are a complete and utter state, most the jets don't work anymore and don't even get me started on the state of all the interactive water features on the whacky waterworks.

I can see that 12 years ago the water park may have been an acceptable instalment but nowadays it's a total joke, especially at £15 a pop for a full price ticket. I don't see that Merlin will change the water park. It's in a prime position as any child staying in splash can see it and will automatically want to go. hence why I went last, as my 6 year old nephew wanted to go in. 

I think it makes the park a lot of money in its current state and don't see it getting upgraded anytime soon!

• 10 months later...

Visited the waterpark before golf on Wednesday, it's very well themed and Master Blaster is great, especially when you spin around on the lift hill and end up going backwards! Ended up getting more spinning on Master Blaster than on Spinball Whizzer :P! Just a tip if you don't already know, sit back on Master Blaster and lift your body off the floor because I lost quite a bit of skin off my back on the lift hills lol.