Education (Exam Results)

Paul

It's only just started to truly kick in that it's tomorrow. I know people downplay the importance of GCSEs and yes I'll agree A Levels are more important but I still want to do as well as I can no matter what the academic level is.

Hey GCSE's I think are more important than A Levels, they determine whether or not you do certain A Levels etc. I've encountered so many problems because of mine. I admire you wanting to do as well as you can and I can only wish that I'd been more like you when I did my GCSE's.

Ahh I'm so pleased with my results! Passed every exam and got what I need for college! :DBusiness - A (eeeeeeek :D)English language - C (Meh)English Literature - B (Got a D for this in my mock so pretty shocked tbh)Maths - B (This has made my year)Science - C (science is my major weak point :L )Additional Science - C (^^)French - C (I struggled with French so quite pleased with this)RE - B (I don't even know... ;) )History - C (Mehh, got A* in the coursework but the exam was just bleurgh)Food Tech - C (Mucked up coursework so the exam has kinda saved me :D )

RE - A*English Language - A*Physics - A (grr)Chemistry - ABiology - AEnglish Literature - A (grr)Geography - AMaths - AHistory - BDiDA - Credit (4 Bs) :angry1:French - CBusiness and Communication Studies - CAS LevelsCritical Thinking - B (:D)Maths, C1 - ABotter sweet results. ;)

Well done you brainy buggers!I'm so happy right now, I saw my Maths and Physics results and I was so amazed that I'd passed. I got...German- ABiology- AChemistry- BPhysics- B Leisure and Tourism- BMaths- B ( I nearly cried I was so pleased!)RE- ACitizenship- A*English- AEnglish Lit- AGeography- C I suppose this is the one I'm least pleased with in as my target as an A and I thought the two exams had both gone well. ICT- Distinction

Overall I had mixed reactions. Some subjects I got grades that I never even contemplated getting, whereas others I was quite disappointed with getting lower grades than I expected. I was really hoping for an A* in Maths as I'd always been predicted it, and 3 of 4 of my modules I got high A*'s and the last I got a high A, but overall I got an A. People keep telling me 'what are you complaining about an A is really good!'. Yes it is, but when you've been almost 100% sure that you were on track for an A* and you put in all the effort you could, it is a tad disappointing.

Well done everyone.I got 2 distinctions which I was really shocked about1 for Btec scienceand 1 for Btect sportB for englishD for mathsC for R.EC for ArtC for Core science My food tech I have to wait for because they marked everyones wrong ¬.¬this should get me into college as I really have to get away from school lol

No wonder you got an E, you cant even spell Science

It was a typo ;) I'm sure that everyone has made a typing error at least once on here so don't you dare choose to make fun of a post all because of a slight spelling mistake, I have seen quite a few on here and I have not seen anyone else take the mick. It isn't right to make other people feel bad because of the results that they got.

Look I'm sorry if I came across as sounding rude but that was not my intentions, I was only standing up for myself. I do have learning problems and it is difficult to get good grades at school and I don't need him to make fun of my abilities. Every member who has recieved of their GCSE/A level results should be very proud and should not feel down because of posts like the one above.