Heide Park

MikeC

Yeah there is a PoV here if you go to 12 minutes and let it play to the next video and the mouth looks pretty bad without being around the track. The splashdown looks insane though. The wave goes hilariously high. The theming thing is going around the Heide Park Facebook page according to a German friend but we all know some stuff that people make up..

A full set of photos from Krake's opening day can be found at ThemeParkReview >Here.<I must say this coaster is themed really well, I know the 'teeth' aren't around the track like some expected, but I still think it creates a great effect having them there with the fog and other theming.Also,Posted ImageAre they trim brakes in the water splash..., I wouldn't have thought they would have needed them as the water splash decreases the trains speed a bit anyway? If it is anything like previous B&M's they may have just added them for precautionary reasons. But yeah, an awesome looking coaster from those photo's in the link! :)

Just imagining the idea of a car stalling on the water, and boats begin used to rescue stranded passengers.Awkward turtle.Of course I know this would never happen as the speed is too great at this point for it to valley there yadayadayada.

I love all the theming around the drop...Apart from the mouth... Just... I wanna know WHY it's not surrounding the track... Because that was the main feature of each and every piece of advertisement from the start, and now... Cast to the side like unwanted ham... :)Still looking forward to it mind, but just... That's a real annoying niggle...

I love all the theming around the drop...Apart from the mouth... Just... I wanna know WHY it's not surrounding the track... Because that was the main feature of each and every piece of advertisement from the start, and now... Cast to the side like unwanted ham... :)Still looking forward to it mind, but just... That's a real annoying niggle...

It might still be put around the track, apparently it was late on site or something. It just looks a bit odd off to the side.

Posted ImageThose are from the photo's. And because they're recent and they are still on display I'm presuming this is still what they're planning to do they just didn't want to delay opening of the ride. If it isn't the case and it will not surround the drop, I'll be most disappointed as I think this would of made the ride a much better experience overall.

I'm going to join the line of unhappy fanboys on this one. Whilst the ride looks great, the theming is a severe let down. The park have said that they are happy with revised theming, but of course thy would!What they mean is, we're really embarassed. What a fail from Merlin. Great job on B&M, FAIL from Merlin, this was really exciting and Merlin didn't deliver.Dive into the mouth, well dive next to the mouth of KRAKE!

I&#39;m with fever here. When adveritsing this ride they conjured amazing imagery of dropping into the Krakes mouth. Essentially taking Oblivion and doing the next level. They've failed on that account.I'd like to know how intense or exciting it is actually because compared to Oblivion it doesn't have that "into the hole" factor and it doesn't have the height or length of Sheikra/Griffin to justify itself.

Well, at least the music is quite awesome....http://www.imascore.com/en/offizieller-krake-soundtrackSigh... A trick... Missed... It's actually rather depressing and considering how much 'worse' I find SheiKra and Griffon in comparison to Oblivion in terms of the actual dropping... It doesn't bode well...Even if they fix it later on in the year (like I've heard), that doesn't excuse them messing it up for opening... Especially as any fixing won't happen till close season...